Deja vu Spread question

Keromonkey

Hello, I am new to the forums so forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place. I just wanted to ask if anyone had an idea on what type of spread might be best used to determine the source or reason for something (like deja vu).

Tarot kid

welcome to at
you could try to make up one for yourself ( ive found it to work very well)

danya

Interesting question. I like to make up spreads so that is how I would approach this. With deja vu, I think there is a feeling of familiarity, a curiosity about the root of that familiarity. Sometimes there may be unsettling feelings, like there is something just beyond the veil that is calling for attention. And then there is the desire for reconciliation... understanding why the "deja vu response" came up in the first place... I might frame a spread on this subject like this:

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4] [5] [6]

1, 2, 3 and 5 = 1 column... 4 and 6 on either side of card 5 in a horizontal line.

[1] - the situation

[2] - my response

[3] - what is familiar

[4] - when it (what is familiar) came before

[5] - how it (what is familiar) came before

[6] - why it (what is familiar) came again (the veil lifting)

Espirito

I will create something and put in tarot spreads.

Keromonkey

@ Danya: Thank you, I will have to give that a try. It seems apt (though I have seen no other spreads for such a thing so far).

@ Tarot kid: Thank you for welcoming me, Tarot kid. And possibly, but I've never made a spread before. I'm not sure if there's any specific method I need to follow.

@Espirito: I would like to see the end result of that, if I may please have a link when you are finished I would be appreciative.

Update (6/11/2012 @ 336pm): I have tried the tarot spread that Danya suggested. The results: card 1 (4 of Pentacles), card 2 (9 of wands), card 3 (ace of swords), card 4 (queen of wands), card 5 (king of wands), card 6 (10 of swords). There isn't so much of an issue here, but the Ace of Swords represents new ideas right? Does any one have an idea as to why a 'new idea' would provide deja vu?

Update: I wish I could clarify but have no idea where to start or who to ask. I'd rather read on my own, but sometimes its nice to get a second opinion on things controversial. I don't suppose there's a place on the board where I'm allowed to ask such things?

Amanda

Hi Keromonkey- you'd want to post any spreads that you'd like help on (along with the deck and spread you used and your interpretation of each card you drew) over in the Your Readings forum.