High Priestess rx as advise

Xrysalida

What would the High Priestess rx mean for advise?

I m between,
starting to follow her trades, like be in silence, keep your thoughts inside follow your intuition but i m thinking that this could be her upright advise
The other i m thinking is exactly the opposite, stop being in silence, ne more dominant and active, don't listen you r intuiotion to this one, be more raw.
so would it be to follow her adivise upright or rx?

any thoughts around this?

Thirteen

Secrets that shut others up?

What we have to be careful of when reading reversals is that we don't read the card as the opposite to the point where we start wondering "That's the Magician. Why didn't I get that card instead?" Which would be the "opposite" of the HPS--a talkative, social man, freely offering ideas rather than a mysterious, silent woman keeping secrets.

So, although the HPS is silent and keeps secrets, her being rx doesn't necessarily mean she becomes chatty and gossipy. Rather, it's more like the not-nice side of this. Instead of mysterious, she comes across as scary, tight-lipped and taciturn. And her aim is less to keep silent, then to silence others. Thus, we should be cautious of what we ask her about. We'll hear the secret, bluntly and succinctly--and we'll likely be very sorry we asked, and wish that we had remained ignorant.

You're probably wondering about this as advice. Well, unpleasant as such a person is if we're on the receiving end, she can be a very useful sort to be in certain circumstances. Imagine a persistent relative demanding to know why you and a cousin aren't friends. Maybe it's time to be the HPS rx and tell this relative a nasty secret about the cousin that will alter that relatives view of said cousin forever...and make sure they never ask you again for any family gossip.

Useful, no? :D

PAMUYA

What I think of when I see the HP reversed is passive aggressive. She is not loud or rude, but sneaky and at times cruel. As advise, I really like Thirteens advice, or you abush your cousin to show their true colors. The HP is very crafty.

Xrysalida

What we have to be careful of when reading reversals is that we don't read the card as the opposite to the point where we start wondering "That's the Magician. Why didn't I get that card instead?" Which would be the "opposite" of the HPS--a talkative, social man, freely offering ideas rather than a mysterious, silent woman keeping secrets.
I reversed my cards very recently, so its totally new concept for me to see them rx.

So, although the HPS is silent and keeps secrets, her being rx doesn't necessarily mean she becomes chatty and gossipy. Rather, it's more like the not-nice side of this. Instead of mysterious, she comes across as scary, tight-lipped and taciturn. And her aim is less to keep silent, then to silence others. Thus, we should be cautious of what we ask her about. We'll hear the secret, bluntly and succinctly--and we'll likely be very sorry we asked, and wish that we had remained ignorant.

You're probably wondering about this as advice. Well, unpleasant as such a person is if we're on the receiving end, she can be a very useful sort to be in certain circumstances. Imagine a persistent relative demanding to know why you and a cousin aren't friends. Maybe it's time to be the HPS rx and tell this relative a nasty secret about the cousin that will alter that relatives view of said cousin forever...and make sure they never ask you again for any family gossip.

Useful, no? :D
I am a bit confused still for the advise, wouldnt like this be a Queen of swords rx? the bitch who will rip your heart?
but I guess she ll step on the spot you are more in pain but the HP would unveal a secret that will shock you?
the question was how to bring balance in a sexual relationship so I cant make any sense here, would the advise be to reveal a secret to the other person in order to shake the situaion?
or maybe to stop trying to understand what is behind the imbalance in this relationship?

thank you for your adivse it gave me direction :)

Thirteen

Sexual secrets

I am a bit confused still for the advise, wouldnt like this be a Queen of swords rx? the bitch who will rip your heart?
The Queen/Swords rx (and even upright) will certainly do that. But she will do it by making you feel stupid, like you can't do elementary math or you don't know the capitol of Egypt. Her aim is to show you're not as smart as she is. That's not the same as sharing a damning secret.
the question was how to bring balance in a sexual relationship
AH-HA! Why didn't you say so in the first place? ;) When you ask about the meaning of a card without letting us know the situation, then we end up throwing everything at you that it could mean, rather than narrowing it down to more likely things. HPS, for example, is all about secrets, but that isn't ALL she is about. The one thing you missed in your upright view is that she is isolated and usually viewed as a maiden or nun.

Now, once again, we don't want to go to the extreme opposite of that, because the Tarot would have likely just given you, oh, the Queen/Wands if the suggestion is to be very extroverted and sizzling hot in bed rather than remote and mysterious.

But HPS rx can certainly advise that your person ease up on being remote, mysterious and too secretive about sexual wants and needs. Being mysterious and secretive is great for flirting. But once in bed, it can work against a person. The partner wants to know what their lover likes and how to make them happy--if that lover won't say, that can frustrate the partner. He/she may wonder if they're bad in bed; may not get as excited or into it if they're not getting any sounds or responses, or any good feedback. He/she may wonder why they're not being praised or hugged or at least told "I don't like that, can you do it different?"

So, I think the advice is relatively simple. To bring balance to this sexual relationship, some secrets must be revealed, however dark, strange or painful (and I'd certainly view an HPS rx as having dark/painful secrets). When it comes to sex, we often have secrets we don't want to share. Maybe we fear we'll be judged for some kink that turns us on. Maybe it's difficult to explain something bad that happened to us and makes enjoying the sex hard. Maybe we just don't want to offend our partner by admitting they're not good at what they're doing and practice is needed. Or maybe we desperately want to hold on to our "mystery." It may seem wise not to tell our secrets, but in this case, it's better to be 'un-wise" and reveal ourselves.

Xrysalida

AH-HA! Why didn't you say so in the first place? ;) When you ask about the meaning of a card without letting us know the situation, then we end up throwing everything at you that it could mean, rather than narrowing it down to more likely things. HPS, for example, is all about secrets, but that isn't ALL she is about. The one thing you missed in your upright view is that she is isolated and usually viewed as a maiden or nun.

Now, once again, we don't want to go to the extreme opposite of that, because the Tarot would have likely just given you, oh, the Queen/Wands if the suggestion is to be very extroverted and sizzling hot in bed rather than remote and mysterious.

But HPS rx can certainly advise that your person ease up on being remote, mysterious and too secretive about sexual wants and needs. Being mysterious and secretive is great for flirting. But once in bed, it can work against a person. The partner wants to know what their lover likes and how to make them happy--if that lover won't say, that can frustrate the partner. He/she may wonder if they're bad in bed; may not get as excited or into it if they're not getting any sounds or responses, or any good feedback. He/she may wonder why they're not being praised or hugged or at least told "I don't like that, can you do it different?"

So, I think the advice is relatively simple. To bring balance to this sexual relationship, some secrets must be revealed, however dark, strange or painful (and I'd certainly view an HPS rx as having dark/painful secrets). When it comes to sex, we often have secrets we don't want to share. Maybe we fear we'll be judged for some kink that turns us on. Maybe it's difficult to explain something bad that happened to us and makes enjoying the sex hard. Maybe we just don't want to offend our partner by admitting they're not good at what they're doing and practice is needed. Or maybe we desperately want to hold on to our "mystery." It may seem wise not to tell our secrets, but in this case, it's better to be 'un-wise" and reveal ourselves.
You are so spot on here!!
My partner is very like this and as ou say it, I got to the point of feeling useless cause he doesn't tell me and now we have a problem,
I Suspect what is the problem but I need him to discuss this with me, so could the HP rx here say to me to froce this out of him? Or to just do what I think he needs?
I was also thinking after what you said if he thinks of me like an HP and I have to be the HP rx? Since it came as an advise for me.
Even though I dont think he feels this way for me, i m very extrovert in general.

Very helpfull what you ssaid here thank you!

Thirteen

so could the HP rx here say to me to froce this out of him? Or to just do what I think he needs?
Guessing games are, IMHO, never a good idea. If you think you know what it is then that might be a good way to get him to open up. Say to him, "Here's the issue, and here's what I think is causing it. Am I right?" HPS rx is certainly about sharing secrets, not keep them them. And if you think he may be very reluctant to discuss it, then perhaps you should also share something intimate/secret about yourself, which might help him to share and get it all out in the open.

Part of the HPS rx, I think, is making any secret however dark less mysterious, less dark, and less forbidden. Once it's out, it'll be far less of all that, and he may even wonder why it was such a big secret that he kept so closely.

Xrysalida

Guessing games are, IMHO, never a good idea. If you think you know what it is then that might be a good way to get him to open up. Say to him, "Here's the issue, and here's what I think is causing it. Am I right?" HPS rx is certainly about sharing secrets, not keep them them. And if you think he may be very reluctant to discuss it, then perhaps you should also share something intimate/secret about yourself, which might help him to share and get it all out in the open.

Part of the HPS rx, I think, is making any secret however dark less mysterious, less dark, and less forbidden. Once it's out, it'll be far less of all that, and he may even wonder why it was such a big secret that he kept so closely.
we have talked a bit about it and I did share smt from myself, i think i have to try it again with a different approach to get him to tell me, he is so difficult, I can't understand why.
Thank you for your input it really helped.

Amanda

Sexually? HP RX as advice might suggest do it with the light on, or look your partner in the eye. You don't actually have to say anything when baring your soul during the act with your partner. You could be doing the same old moves you always do together, but the whole dynamic will change if you do something like look your partner in the eyes. It's beyond naked; it's penetration of the soul and it'll definitely put you in sync with knowing exactly what your partner wants... you won't have to think of it or discuss it, you'll just know. The advice is, expose your Self; expose your Soul.

Just another take, hope it helps!

Xrysalida

Sexually? HP RX as advice might suggest do it with the light on, or look your partner in the eye. You don't actually have to say anything when baring your soul during the act with your partner. You could be doing the same old moves you always do together, but the whole dynamic will change if you do something like look your partner in the eyes. It's beyond naked; it's penetration of the soul and it'll definitely put you in sync with knowing exactly what your partner wants... you won't have to think of it or discuss it, you'll just know. The advice is, expose your Self; expose your Soul.

Just another take, hope it helps!
You said a magic word here, Exposure! I have an issue with exposing my femininity physically this is smt he likes so i m working on it,
But wouldn't the HP upright be more fit here? Like she creates this mysterious atmosphere and there is this underwave connection the souls have?