EDSG #3 - Ace Swords, Knight Swords, Justice

Ziev

Hi Rodney,

I saw this but didn't have time to reply and it fell off my radar.

No worries. It's so hot up here that I'm melting and so is my computer :)

Your suggestions sound good. I feel like I am still missing something when doing these. Do you know what it is? I cant quite figure it out yet.

rwcarter said:
First off, I think you mean deferential, as in showing deference to one's parents. I scratched my head for awhile trying to figure out what differential treatment is.

LOL. Yes, that is correct. Sorry about that. doh!

Here are my second set of exercises.

KnS / Justice / AS

Work

With the blatant discrimination going on at work (XI) you are mindful not to make any rash decisions (KnS) in order to gain clarity on the situation (AS).

Relationships

During the divorce proceedings (XI) you realized you acted hastily (KnS) because you wanted to start your new life asap (AS).

Finances

You’ve decided to loan a friend some money (XI) which they need right away (KnS) so this new venture can be successful (AS).

Home

Your mortgage company is going to file a claim (XI) immediately (KnS) unless you bring your account up to date (AS).

Not sure about these. Like I mentioned before, there still feels like something is not quite clicking but almost there. Any advice is nice.

Best ~Ziev

rwcarter

Your suggestions sound good. I feel like I am still missing something when doing these. Do you know what it is? I cant quite figure it out yet.
As I've hopefully shown you with my rewordings, your basic ideas are sound. But your sentences sound forced like you're writing a 500 word essay and have 450 words to make up. ;) Try to make your interpretations sound more conversational.

Work

With the blatant discrimination going on at work (XI) you are mindful not to make any rash decisions (KnS) in order to gain clarity on the situation (AS).
I would see discrimination as an ill-dignified or reversed Justice, that's fine. Your KnS interpretation also seems to be ill-dignified while your AS interpretation is upright. So for AS, how about "concerning the unfairness"?

Relationships

During the divorce proceedings (XI) you realized you acted hastily (KnS) because you wanted to start your new life asap (AS).
I think that's fine.

Finances

You’ve decided to loan a friend some money (XI) which they need right away (KnS) so this new venture can be successful (AS).
I don't see Justice as loaning money, although I guess I could see it as the promissory note for the loan. For the AS, how about "to strike while the iron is hot"?

Home

Your mortgage company is going to file a claim (XI) immediately (KnS) unless you bring your account up to date (AS).
AS as bringing an account up to date? Okay.... How about, "Your mortgage company is going to start foreclosure proceedings (XI) soon (KnS) because they know they can win (AS)"?

Rodney

Ziev

rwcarter said:
As I've hopefully shown you with my rewordings, your basic ideas are sound. But your sentences sound forced like you're writing a 500 word essay and have 450 words to make up. Try to make your interpretations sound more conversational.

hahahahaha. That is exactly how I feel. :D

its still too hot for me up here so when it cools down I will post another one.

Thanks.

Ziev

Hello Rodney,

This was a long time coming. The weather has cooled down a bit up here, thankfully, so I finally had time to sit down and do this exercise.

Justice / AS / KnS

Work

You got the job (AS) fair and square (Justice) and now you need to continue to move forward (KnS).

Relationships

You got a clean break-up (AS) and gained clarity (Justice) now it is the time to figure out what you want (KnS).

Finances

You’ve earned a lot of money (AS) but now is the time to balance (Justice) your checkbook before the spending gets out of hand (KnS).

Home

With the success (AS) of your first rental property income you can now decide (Justice) what do to next (KnS).

Not really sure about these. I talked it out loud first like I was doing a reading then I typed it out this time. Normally I just sit in front of my computer and think think think (too much) on what to say. What do you think Rodney?

~Ziev

rwcarter

Justice / AS / KnS

Work

You got the job (AS) fair and square (Justice) and now you need to continue to move forward (KnS).
Moving forward is fine, but how about strike while the iron is hot? KnS energy is much more "show them why they should be glad they hired you" than "start working".

Relationships
You got a clean break-up (AS) and gained clarity (Justice) now it is the time to figure out what you want (KnS).
How about "now's the time to put yourself back out on the market" for the KnS? A spin on an old saying would be "The best way to get over a relationship is to get under a new one." KnS strikes while the iron is hot - he's not going to take the time to figure what he wants. He's going to find a new conquest.

With the success (AS) of your first rental property income you can now decide (Justice) what do to next (KnS).
How about "to look for a new property"? Again, the KnS is much more active than you're giving him credit for.

Not really sure about these. I talked it out loud first like I was doing a reading then I typed it out this time. Normally I just sit in front of my computer and think think think (too much) on what to say. What do you think Rodney?

~Ziev
Your interpretations are much more conversational in tone. I gave you alternate Knight interpretations, but everything else was fine!

Rodney

Ziev

Your interpretations are much more conversational in tone. I gave you alternate Knight interpretations, but everything else was fine!

Rodney

Sweet! Thanks for your input as always. You are right about the KnS not sure what I was thinking on that one. Your rewording of that card makes complete sense to me. Now Im off to EDSG#4. See ya there! =)