Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Japaridze Tarot

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks


 
GlitterNova's Avatar
GlitterNova  GlitterNova is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 740
GlitterNova 
Citizen

GlitterNova's Avatar
Japaridze Tarot


http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/japaridze-tarot/

I just saw this tarot pop up in the 'New Decks' list and all I can say is WOW! I've got a soft spot for both abstract decks and art decks, so of course this one is going on my wishlist Does anyone have this deck? Does anybody know anything about it?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Ica'rus's Avatar
Ica'rus  Ica'rus is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2014
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 214
Ica'rus 
Citizen

Ica'rus's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterNova View Post
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/japaridze-tarot/

I just saw this tarot pop up in the 'New Decks' list and all I can say is WOW! I've got a soft spot for both abstract decks and art decks, so of course this one is going on my wishlist Does anyone have this deck? Does anybody know anything about it?
I just saw it on that list too! I'm not much for abstract decks (I can't figure out Picasso's for the life of me ) However that is quite an evocative deck. I can even make some sense of it. I have bookmarked it for now, it's interesting. I'd like to see and hear more about it.

edit: It does seem more surrealist and less abstract than I initially thought. I am very much considering getting this.. where did that enabling thread go?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Gerbear's Avatar
Gerbear  Gerbear is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,361
Gerbear 
Citizen

Gerbear's Avatar

If you go to amazon.com, there is a small amount of information about the artist and the deck. It's on my amazon wish list for next month now.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
galleryofsurrealism  galleryofsurrealism is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 11 Jul 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 5
galleryofsurrealism 
Resident
Gallery of Surrealism


Hi everyone, my name is Steve Lucas, owner of the Gallery of Surrealism. I worked closely with Nino during the two years she lived, breathed, and birthed her tarot and am happy to have written the text for the book which accompanies it. Thank you so much for your kind words, we've been dreaming of this day for some time.

Should anyone have any questions at all regarding any aspect of the deck I'll be pleased to respond or ask the artist on your behalf.

By the way, the seventy eight original paintings for Japaridze Tarot will be exhibited to the public for the very first time in Paris towards the end of this month (October, 2014). We'll be having an opening reception on October 30 and if any Aeclectic members are in the area and interested please contact me -- we would love to have you there with us and can hook you up with admission invitations.

Thanks so much...after a lifetime of interest in tarot, I'm proud to be a member here!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
karen0205's Avatar
karen0205  karen0205 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,618
karen0205 
Citizen

karen0205's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestem4 View Post
I just saw it on that list too! I'm not much for abstract decks (I can't figure out Picasso's for the life of me ) However that is quite an evocative deck. I can even make some sense of it. I have bookmarked it for now, it's interesting. I'd like to see and hear more about it.
It would have helped to have the suit names be the traditional ones.
I like the art too.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
daphne's Avatar
daphne  daphne is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Nov 2009
Location: in love with Tarot
Posts: 1,953
daphne 
Citizen

daphne's Avatar

I like it, bold and beautiful!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen0205 View Post
It would have helped to have the suit names be the traditional ones.
I like the art too.
I like it, including the suit names.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by galleryofsurrealism View Post
By the way, the seventy eight original paintings for Japaridze Tarot will be exhibited to the public for the very first time in Paris towards the end of this month (October, 2014). We'll be having an opening reception on October 30 and if any Aeclectic members are in the area and interested please contact me -- we would love to have you there with us and can hook you up with admission invitations.
EXACTLY WHERE in Paris ? I am overnighting there on 29th... and also a few days before that - 19-21 I think - but I have trains to work around... Nothing at all before 30th ? (sounds nuts, but I have been to a few openings that were after the thing opened, as you might say !)

But I think this won't work...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
galleryofsurrealism  galleryofsurrealism is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 11 Jul 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 5
galleryofsurrealism 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
EXACTLY WHERE in Paris ?....Nothing at all before 30th ?.....
The exhibition will be at Paris' legendary art & auction center, the Hotel Drouot foundation, in their showcase space at 12 rue Drouot in the 9th arrondisement. We will be hanging and setting up the day before (on Oct 29) so there is a chance you could stop by, introduce yourself, and check out the installation in progress.

Hope this is helpful, Gregory!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
seedcake's Avatar
seedcake  seedcake is offline
Starlight, Chaos, Glitter
 
Join Date: 20 Jan 2014
Location: Orion Constellation
Posts: 2,202
seedcake 
Starlight, Chaos, Glitter

seedcake's Avatar

This deck is so stunning! I adore surreal art and this one looks just marvellous. I'd love to own it one day.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.