Motherpeace

Grizabella

I suspect that someone deemed it a Thoth relation for the fact that the lwb includes some Thoth keywords - 6 of swords relating to science, for example.
I

I think you may be right. I was doing some reading in the book last night, and there's definitely mention of Thoth here and there in the book, too, so that might have been misleading for someone who had just skimmed through the book.

prudence

Well, I've started going through this deck. I think that I need a book or something, however. This deck seems coded.

My favorite book for this deck is the one I have---Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess through Myth, Art, and Tarot. At one time I had all the other books, too, but this one has been the most packed with actual information that helps learn the deck. I can heartily recommend this one but the others are good, too. I just like this one a lot.

I liked this one the best as well, but I really do recommend the Playbook, especially for how deeply it goes into the soul/personality Cards. ( where you add up the numbers in your birthdate to find the card/cards that represent your soul and personality)

Griz, your idea to just use this deck exclusively for a period of time is the best way to really get a grip on this deck, and it's roundness. I don't recall which book explained it best, but once I got the idea down that if the top of the card pointed to 3 o'clock, then the energy of that card was being exaggerated or pushed too hard, if it was at 6 o'clock, it was blocked, diminished, and at 9 o'clock it was held back a bit., then it all came together and I no longer felt confused with a reading with over a dozen cards. There's a lot more nuance than a simple upright or reversed card.

Grizabella

I liked this one the best as well, but I really do recommend the Playbook, especially for how deeply it goes into the soul/personality Cards. ( where you add up the numbers in your birthdate to find the card/cards that represent your soul and personality)

Griz, your idea to just use this deck exclusively for a period of time is the best way to really get a grip on this deck, and it's roundness. I don't recall which book explained it best, but once I got the idea down that if the top of the card pointed to 3 o'clock, then the energy of that card was being exaggerated or pushed too hard, if it was at 6 o'clock, it was blocked, diminished, and at 9 o'clock it was held back a bit., then it all came together and I no longer felt confused with a reading with over a dozen cards. There's a lot more nuance than a simple upright or reversed card.

I won't be able to get the other books till around the 20th but they're definitely going to be mine. In the meantime, there's plenty in the book to keep me occupied till I do get them.

That's interesting how you dealt with the roundness of the deck. I just considered the leaning to the right as waning energy and the lean to the left as waxing, and then to what degree depending on the positions in between. I think your way of doing it is better, so I'm going to try that for awhile. :)

prudence

Well, I got the idea from one of their books, so it's definitely not my idea. :)

Carojulie

Hello,
Last week I volunteered to join the study group for Motherpeace...., but I am not finding the time in real life right now. My hectic life, both at home and at the office, and my low energy right now, does not give me enough room for another tarot project (I am currently doing the group reading "sacred days of midsummer"and loving it, but even for this one I am having difficulty to set time aside...)
I am sorry for not being more reliable and it makes me sad.... I hope I will have more time and energy in the future, and I will come back to this study group then, if you will still have me ! The Motherpeace is a long term favourite and I know that at some point I will jump into seriously studying it, eventually.
Thank you for understanding and sorry for my lack of commitment :(