Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarot of Prague : 2d or 3d edition ?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Tarot of Prague : 2d or 3d edition ?

Hello !

If you had to give advice to someone wishing to get a copy of the Tarot of Prague, and they had the choice between the second edition and the third edition, which one would you advise them to get ?

Thanks for the insight ! And if you explain why I will appreciate it very much !

Top   #1
Resident

athenafletcher 
Resident

The 3rd edition, hands down. The metallic highlights alone make it the winner in my book. Add to that the amazing cardstock, enhanced imagery, and gorgeous packaging.
Top   #2
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Thank you Athena,
I thought so much because the 3d edition is absolutely stunning. But I have never seen the 2d edition so I cannot compare... hence the thread. Thanks!
Top   #3
Resident

Wheel of Fantastic 
Resident

I own a copy of both the 2nd and 3rd editions and the 3rd edition is the best. Improved artwork, metallic highlights and still easily available - it wins.
Top   #4
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 
Source Heiress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel of Fantastic View Post
I own a copy of both the 2nd and 3rd editions and the 3rd edition is the best. Improved artwork, metallic highlights and still easily available - it wins.
Absolutely! i have had all three editions, and if i had to pick only one--It would definitely be the 3rd edition--hands down!
Top   #5
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Thank you very much for your answers

Having only the 3d, I was not sure of what to tell my friend. I told her about the beautiful metallic ink on the 3d, but I had heard that the other editions were also very good, especially the first apparentlly, though the 1st is more difficult to get.

One reason I was not sure is because I have the Bohemian Gothic in two versions : the 2d edition and the 3d edition, and I prefer the 2d edition because of the beautiful cardstock (slightly thicker, matte, soft to the touch.... makes a soft shh shh sound when shuffling...)
So I know the Tarot of Prague 2d edition does not have the metallic ink overlay, but what if the cardstock is the same beautiful thing as the Bohemian Gothic 2d edition ? That made me wonder.
Also I did not know about the box. I know the Tarot of Prague 1st edition came in a nice book-cover presentation (though I never saw it myself in the flesh) and I know the 3d is in the beautiful sturdy lidded box that Baba give their decks now. But for the 2d edition I dont' know. I think it is a tuckbox from the pictures I saw, but I am not sure.

But thanks to your answers, now I will confirm that the Tarot of Prague 3d edition is probably a better choice. Thank you !

In any case, I take the opportunity of this thread to ask :
Is there any other deck from Baba studio that has the thicker, soft matte cardstock that they gave to their Bohemian Gothic 2d edition ?

Thank you !
Top   #6
Resident

Wheel of Fantastic 
Resident

The 2nd Edition Tarot of Prague does come in a tuck box.

I don't own the Bohemian Gothic 2nd Edition, only the 3rd so can't help with the cardstock comparison. All my early Baba decks date from 2004 to 2006/7 (ToP 2nd; Bohemian Cats 1st Edition, Fantastic Menagerie) and they all have a slightly thicker cardstock than ToP 3rd/Bohemian Gothic 3rd. I believe the cardstock for Bohemian Gothic 2nd is different from these early decks from threads I've read in the past.

I still think the Tarot of Prague 3rd Edition is the one to get; the 1st and 2nd editions tend to go for lots of money on EBay.
Top   #7

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.