Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Legend: the Arthurian Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Lyones 
Citizen

Legend: 7 of Cups: The Questing Beast

Here we have another strange beast, and for me it can represent pursuit of desire, whether it is to know what to do, how to handle a situation or of something in the material world, being totally absorbed, as Pellinore was with overcoming, obtaining or possessing. It is the tales of sightings and the imagination conspiring to form fantastical images of promise, just outside of realism.

The beast throws it's head back, sometimes I wonder if it is in anguish, or whether it taunts Pellinore with it's baying. It has a feline body, a dragon's head, cloven hooves and I would imagine, bays like a wolf - this is one mixed up creature! *lol*. The rays shed light on this conglomeration of confusion. It is weird funny, and weird parculiar, and just plain weird. I'm wondering what kind of plants were being eaten back then for them to see this kind of apparition

Pellinore certainly put a lot of effort into chasing this 'vision'. Other people, like Arthur, saw the creature, witnessed it's reality, and yet it seems to have remained elusive, it's sense of self-preservation and cunning keeping it alive.

Old 09-02-2005     Top   #1
WalesWoman 
Citizen

I agree, one wierd beast. I have trouble visualizing with this card, guess I could just start asking...is this a hallucination? Is this real or an illusion. You know the 7 Swords is the only one of these 7's that doesn't have something to do with that which cannot be proven? Sort of...7 Cups asks you to discern one from the other, 7 Shields asks you to prepare for it, 7 Spears asks you to find it, and 7 Swords is realizing it, or making it happen.

Definately a card to make you rub your eyes and take a second look.

Old 10-02-2005     Top   #2
Sophie-David 
Citizen

In many ways I admire Pellinore more than Arthur in this card, that Pellinore has the vision to pursue this fantastic creature that Arthur just watches in perplexity. The Seven of Cups can represent the training and application of the creative imagination which, as Anna-Marie suggests, often stimulates humour. In its negative aspects it can involve indulgence in illusion for its own sake until it becomes obsessive and self-destructive. Pellinore was indeed obsessed with the pursuit of the strange beast, but in the King of Spears we learn that he was one of the most loyal, wise, experienced and reliable allies of Arthur. We also read that he had "a sense of humour and theatrical flair". His empowered creativity most likely helped him live his life more fully and effectively.

In the card's imagery the Questing Beast is highlighted by rays of sunlight, a worthy and exalted vision stretching out on a rock as if in a deliberate and tantalizing self-display. The flowers in the foreground speak of the creative and beautiful in art and nature. In the background the dark coniferous forest reminds me of the mysteries of the unconscious from which this creature has emerged.

Know that you are - already - the Christ, the Bodhisattva. By your great love the One became Many, as with delight and joy you assumed the cloak of duality. Form is made of but three things: energy, change, and love.
Sophie-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005     Top   #3
crazy raven 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie-David View Post
In many ways I admire Pellinore more than Arthur in this card, that Pellinore has the vision to pursue this fantastic creature that Arthur just watches in perplexity. The Seven of Cups can represent the training and application of the creative imagination which, as Anna-Marie suggests, often stimulates humour. In its negative aspects it can involve indulgence in illusion for its own sake until it becomes obsessive and self-destructive. Pellinore was indeed obsessed with the pursuit of the strange beast, but in the King of Spears we learn that he was one of the most loyal, wise, experienced and reliable allies of Arthur. We also read that he had "a sense of humour and theatrical flair". His empowered creativity most likely helped him live his life more fully and effectively.

In the card's imagery the Questing Beast is highlighted by rays of sunlight, a worthy and exalted vision stretching out on a rock as if in a deliberate and tantalizing self-display. The flowers in the foreground speak of the creative and beautiful in art and nature. In the background the dark coniferous forest reminds me of the mysteries of the unconscious from which this creature has emerged.
Beautifully written Sophie-David.

I've been perplexed with this card lol .. there's so many ways of interpreting it. This is the best I could come up with ...

In one scenario .. it's possible you're blowing things up way out of proportion and worrying for no good reason. You need to lighten up and not be so serious .. go on get wild! When your imagination is set free from the bonds of the linear world, your creative capabilities will astonish you. You'll realize just how much positive and creative energy exists deep within you. It will come when you allow yourself to feel this energy.

Laughter helps to detach us from our problems and release negative emotions; Laughter also helps to pull us out of our dilemma so we can reach higher levels of detachment and stand in the eye of the storm and not be affected. This ability to 'rise up' allows us to get control of our emotions so we can take time to reflect instead of making rash decisions.

Just don't hide behind your laughter and use it as a mask.

Human consciousness is multifaceted much like that of the questing beast. The questing beast is the result of many animals integrated and interdependently merging, to combine forces that energize the beast as One. Imagine!!

I found these two quotes..
"Wholeness is not achieved by cutting off a portion of one’s being, but by integration of contraries." ~ C.G. Jung

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” ― Paulo Coelho

Last edited by crazy raven; 12-09-2015 at 20:39.
crazy raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015     Top   #4
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today