Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Kabbalah & Alphabets

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Zephyros 
Jedi

Alternate Views of the Tree of Life

With the exception of the Ace of Wands, which is another kettle of fish, all the Aces have a direct relationship with the Ten of the preceding suit and all the Minors are really just an elaboration of the Tetragrammaton. For example, say you're working on a plan, then the Swords are the stage where it is formulated and brought to maturity. But, there's a danger of over-thinking, mental though must give way eventually to practical fruition. The Ten of Swords conveys such over-thinking and is the stage where the mind falls apart because of it. The next stage is not immediately the doing part, but the potential for making material gains in the execution of your plan.

So in a way, the Ace of Discs shows the "flip side" of the Ten of Swords. Personally I usually treat the Aces with the same level of importance as any of the Majors. They also, of course, share relationships with the Fool, they're all on the brink of something, about to topple down towards the bottom of their respective Trees.

Old 06-08-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros View Post
They also, of course, share relationships with the Fool, they're all on the brink of something, about to topple down towards the bottom of their respective Trees.
I think that's one of the best analogies I've ever seen for the "descent of Spirit into Matter!" Very Newtonian.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Barleywine; 07-08-2016 at 00:13.
Barleywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Zephyros 
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
I think that's one of the best analogies I've ever seen for the "descent of Spirit into Matter!" Very Newtonian.
(:

Nature abhors a vacuum. Now, Kabbalah on the other hand loves it and both the Fool and the Aces illustrate the different types of Nothing that exist. The Fool is "moving" Nothing, while the Aces are "Nothing with tendencies."

Another thing I like to do is multiply the Majors and put them in their respective places between the Minors of each suit (with a large floor and several decks!). Each Major stays basically the same but gains the influences and tendencies of where they are on the Tree. So, the "Fool of Wands" is somewhat different from the "Fool of Cups" and so on. By breaking the Tree apart like this it's possible to glean greater insight on what each card is, including the Aces.

Last edited by Zephyros; 08-08-2016 at 01:37.
Zephyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Another thing I like to do is multiply the Majors and put them in their respective places between the Minors of each suit (with a large floor and several decks!). Each Major stays basically the same but gains the influences and tendencies of where they are on the Tree. So, the "Fool of Wands" is somewhat different from the "Fool of Cups" and so on. By breaking the Tree apart like this it's possible to glean greater insight on what each card is, including the Aces.
In "A Complete Guide to the Tarot," Eden Gray made a stab at pegging the Major Arcana to the Sephiroth, then added an outer "egg-shaped" oval for zodiacal attributions, calling the whole thing "The Three-Dimensional Tree" (see attached scan). I found her attempt quite unsatisfactory and decided to create my own. I didn't elaborate on and iterate it the extent you seem to have, but, for what it's worth, what I came up with is also attached. You can probably see the interior logic in my choices without much difficulty. (I didn't pay any attention to the numbering on the cards, just their astrological correspondences and intrinsic nature.) There would be an Ace, Fool and Air combination in the Kether of each of the Four Worlds, a Five + Tower + Mars in every Geburah, a Seven + Empress + Venus in every Netzach, and so forth. Some are less obvious pairings, but overall I'm happier with my own choices for the different symmetries thay contain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eden Gray Model.jpg (48.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Tree in Oval.jpg (27.8 KB, 22 views)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Barleywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Libaws 
Resident

Parallel trees

Quote:
(:

Nature abhors a vacuum. Now, Kabbalah on the other hand loves it and both the Fool and the Aces illustrate the different types of Nothing that exist. The Fool is "moving" Nothing, while the Aces are "Nothing with tendencies."

Interesting your duplication reminds me of something i read the other night. I saved the quote because it reminded me of a dream I had: "In each of the Four Worlds there is contained a Tree of Life. The Tree of Life is, after a certain fashion, a symbolic figure of the Universe. It is made of Ten Spheres (Sephiroth) and twenty-two Paths connecting them. Since there is a Tree of Life in each of the Four Worlds, there are forty Spheres in all. Yet in each Sphere there is contained its own Tree of Life and in each Sphere of that Tree is contained yet another Tree, so that there are an infinite amount of Trees and Spheres in Kabbalistic Philosophy. "

This also relates to the SY saying the tree is infinitely emanating. ....

Last edited by Libaws; 20-11-2016 at 10:41.
Libaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today