Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Meetings & Conferences

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Babalon Jones 

Tarot Conferences

Since I didn't see a current thread on tarot conferences in general, figured there should be one, both to list them and share impressions.

I might want to go to one someday, just to see what it is like, incognito most likely But hard to choose between them, knowing nothing to distinguish them.

Would really like to hang out with people who are interested in tarot, especially in the esoteric side of things, but all things tarot in general as in everyday life there isn't much opportunity to converse about it.

I have never been to any of these so cannot say if they are worthwhile. Since the costs can be significant with travel and hotel, maybe people who have been can weigh in.

If any other conferences you know of are not listed, chime in to add them. These are the ones I know of:

Readers Stuio (New York USA)
Northwest Tarot ( Oregon USA)
TarotCon (Florida USA)
UK Tarot (London UK)
DivinaCon (was Nevada USA now Florida)
North Star (Minnesota USA)
BATS (California USA)

Surely there are lots more! If you know of any, add them. If you have been to any, were they worthwhile? What size are they attendance wise? If you have been to several, what was your favorite and why?

Last edited by Babalon Jones; 22-02-2017 at 00:04. Reason: edited for location correction
Babalon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016     Top   #1
nicky 
Citizen

Probably a decade ago by this point I went to my first and only conference.
It was great fun and I think every tarot person should have that experience.

One thing I liked and would l suggest is check for is a variety of speakers - I went with a pal and as we both had somewhat different interests, the scheduling was such that I was able to attend what I wanted to hear while she attended what she liked.
It wasn't just one speaker for day or for hours ... it was a few different choices each session (say 2-3 hours iirc)

Other people like everyone being together for everything but I liked the shorter 2 hour talks and variety ...

At the end the day of course we all hung out but I liked having options.

YMMV of course

http://www.secondsundaytarot.org/
nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016     Top   #2
Babalon Jones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
Probably a decade ago by this point I went to my first and only conference.
It was great fun and I think every tarot person should have that experience.

One thing I liked and would l suggest is check for is a variety of speakers - I went with a pal and as we both had somewhat different interests, the scheduling was such that I was able to attend what I wanted to hear while she attended what she liked.
It wasn't just one speaker for day or for hours ... it was a few different choices each session (say 2-3 hours iirc)

Other people like everyone being together for everything but I liked the shorter 2 hour talks and variety ...

At the end the day of course we all hung out but I liked having options.

YMMV of course
I prefer variety too. Which one did you go to, was it one of these?

Old 22-11-2016     Top   #3
Deanne 
Citizen

I've never been to one, but am very interested in attending a conference some day.
I debated about Reader's Studio this past year, then decided against it as I couldn't justify the cost at that point. I had every intention of going to the next one (April 2017) - but with the way this election turned out I won't be visiting the US any time in the next 4 (or maybe 8...) years.

Hmm, maybe a trip to the UK in a year or two would be nice

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, am very interested to hear others' opinions on this topic.
Deanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016     Top   #4
nicky 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalon Jones View Post
I prefer variety too. Which one did you go to, was it one of these?
Julie Cuccia-Watts organized it up in Wisconsin and they never did a second one. It was not one on your list.

Rumor has it Arnell Ando is willing to put together a last Tarot Italy trip in 2017...if true, that is where my conference money is going !

http://www.secondsundaytarot.org/
nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016     Top   #5
kika_meow 
Resident

There's a very good one in Spain, of course, is still all in Spanish but I'm sure they will soon have interpreters from English, since they've had Italian and French guests presenting with interpreters. The videos of each presentation are in YouTube and they're very educational for those who understand Spanish ✌🏻 Just search: "Conferencia de Tarot Madrid" and you'll see the entries.

If you already know the dates for any conference in USA, please let me know! And also I'd like to know if there's any in Texas
kika_meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017     Top   #6
brknarow22 
Resident

BATS San Jose CA

When does this happen each year?
brknarow22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017     Top   #7
Babalon Jones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brknarow22 View Post
When does this happen each year?
The BATS conference skipped 2016 but I read that they were going to continue it back up in 2017. I do not think the when and where has been announced yet though as least as far as I know.

Also I updated the original post because DivinaCon moved to Florida this year.

Old 22-02-2017     Top   #8
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

I've never been to a large tarot conference, but as an astrologer in Connecticut back in the late '70s I attended a number of national and regional astrology conferences. The national ones were great, with parallel presentations and several world-famous speakers. Some of the best times were the after-hours dinners and social gatherings, sitting around with drinks and swapping stories. There were professional astrologers on-hand to do charts in the evenings but I never indulged. Attending a major tarot conference is on my bucket list.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Barleywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017     Top   #9
brknarow22 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalon Jones View Post
The BATS conference skipped 2016 but I read that they were going to continue it back up in 2017. I do not think the when and where has been announced yet though as least as far as I know.

Also I updated the original post because DivinaCon moved to Florida this year.
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!
brknarow22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017     Top   #10
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today