Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Kabbalah & Alphabets

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

La'al quiet fella 
Resident

Pathworking group for newbies....anybody interested?

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody would like to form a newbies pathworking group to try pathworking & then share experiences, tips, what works or doesn't work for each if us?

Basically an 'all and everything approach' where ideas, tips and experiences can all be thrown in for the benefit of the group.

No right, no wrong, just whatever people want to share.

Like I said, I am totally new to this & I am happy to support a pathworking group & offer all I can if people are interetsed but I can't 'lead' on it as someone who knows any more than others so it will be a 'blind leading the blind' approach.....unless someone with more experiences suddenly pops up.

'I knows enough to know that I don't knows enough to judge no one' (Jim in a children's TV show of Huckleberry Finn.)

Last edited by La'al quiet fella; 12-11-2015 at 01:53.
La'al quiet fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015     Top   #1
smw 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by La'al quiet fella View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody would like to form a newbies pathworking group to try pathworking & then share experiences, tips, what works or doesn't work for each if us?

Basically an 'all and everything approach' where ideas, tips and experiences can all be thrown in for the benefit of the group.

No right, no wrong, just whatever pople want to share.

Like I said, I am totally new to this & I am happy to support a pathworking group & offer all I can if people are interetsed but I can't 'lead' on it as someone who knows any more than others so it will be a 'blind leading the blind' approach.....unless someone with more experiences suddenly pops up.
ahhh.. I am interested but realistically with Xmas coming up I am not going to have the time to commit properly and get reading done ): I am sneaking on here already posting when I have got heaps to do (I'll join in when I can though).
smw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015     Top   #2
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

I'm just about to renew my pursuit of pathworking (well, at least I pulled The Shining Paths and Brennan's Astral Doorways off the shelf to start re-reading them). Had an interesting experience this past week-end that inspired me. While visiting friends, I had some really fascinating, unbidden astral visions of a low order of magnitude (very little stability, complexity or integrity). Just shifting visual fragments, really, but enough to spark my creative imagination for the real work. Once I get my "sea-legs" back under me, I'll be interested in joining you.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Barleywine; 12-11-2015 at 02:00.
Barleywine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015     Top   #3
elektrius 
Resident

im interested as well but i need to educate myself a bit before jumping in. ive heard mentions of "shining paths" before so i might get that one. any other book recommendations for complete pathworking newbies?

Old 12-11-2015     Top   #4
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrius View Post
im interested as well but i need to educate myself a bit before jumping in. ive heard mentions of "shining paths" before so i might get that one. any other book recommendations for complete pathworking newbies?
The two I mentioned, plus Donald Kraig covers it briefly in one of the "Eleven Lessons" in Modern Magic. Most interesting, though is this quote from his bibliography regarding Magical States of Consciousness by Melita Demming and Osborne Phillips:

"About the only decent book on Pathworking. The tapes which are associated with this book are beautiful."

I don't own it and have no clue about its availability at this point in time (it's from Llewellyn). I'm sure there are other books or chapters of broader books out there on this subject.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Barleywine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015     Top   #5
elektrius 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
The two I mentioned, plus Donald Kraig covers it briefly in one of the "Eleven Lessons" in Modern Magic. Most interesting, though is this quote from his bibliography regarding Magical States of Consciousness by Melita Demming and Osborne Phillips:

"About the only decent book on Pathworking. The tapes which are associated with this book are beautiful."

I don't own it and have no clue about its availability at this point in time (it's from Llewellyn). I'm sure there are other books or chapters of broader books out there on this subject.

thanks barleywine! i have modern magick so i'll start there and then move on to shining paths etc. i'll do some research as well and report back if i find anything else that's newbie friendly magical states of consciousness is in print and available on amazon! yay

Old 12-11-2015     Top   #6
TarotRNJess 
Resident

I would very much enjoy being a part of this, I am new though. Which book should I start with?
TarotRNJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015     Top   #7
JackofWands 
Citizen

Count me in.

Also, for those looking for resources about the Paths, I personally like Liber XCV, though it's not the most accessible text in the world:

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib95.html

Last edited by JackofWands; 13-11-2015 at 02:02.
JackofWands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015     Top   #8
Bridget 
Citizen

I also need to learn more, so I might be slow to start. I'm very interested, though, and will definitely join in when I can. (Also, I see I have some reading to do!)
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015     Top   #9
La'al quiet fella 
Resident

first baby steps

Thank you everyone for your interest and support....

It seems as though the basics of pathworking are straight forward and it is mainly practicing that gets results.

To start off with if people can read this short article:

http://www.jwmt.org/v1n3/pathworking.html (if the link doesn't work just type pathworking into google and it is the first link)

Maybe check out wikihow on lucid dreaming...

& Owlmoon513 on youtube's guidance for pathworking.

I think that should pretty much outline the basics and give us enough to make a start.....

If people are okay with that perhaps we could all start with the universe card, without applying it to the tree, simply trying stepping inside the card and exploring it, we will at least be beginning to actively try and develop skills.

It seems that beginning like that will help us develop the skills that can later develop into lucid dreaming and astral projection which are sometimes used when pathworking with the tree.

If people could either pm or respond here as to whether this sounds okay I would be grateful.

In essence it seems more useful to me to get practicing and share experiences and tips as we go and we can build on our experiences to later try pathworking with the tree of life....

a baby steps approach...(my apologies if this is too basic for some people, but i am assuming most of us have no prior experience and so I thought we should start by developing the basic skills.)

for anyone familiar enough with the tree to begin working there, I found some concise instructions in a couple of posts listed in the studying kaballah section of the forum.

Hope this helps...

'I knows enough to know that I don't knows enough to judge no one' (Jim in a children's TV show of Huckleberry Finn.)

Last edited by La'al quiet fella; 13-11-2015 at 05:36.
La'al quiet fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015     Top   #10
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today