Horary DIY

Minderwiz

The chart you posted is the same as what I have

Thanks, I hoped I'd got it right and it's good to know I have

Idyll said:
Thanks for clearing that up, you're right it would be a lot easier to have a program that does that automatically but since I'm only just getting into this it's not really worth spending a lot on a program for that.

That's a sensible approach, I could not in all conscience recommend spending $200 - $300. Most charged for Astrology programs are over priced, with some honourable exceptions such as John Halloran's Astrology for Windows. Sadly that is not geared to Horary

Idyll said:
You're right - I did dilute the question.
I am primarily interested in a romantic relationship with him.

Thanks for the fixing the question as a romantic one, I can now revisit the chart and use those two additional significators

Lee

I could not in all conscience recommend spending $200 - $300.
Actually Janus is $149, so perhaps you should reconsider. :) (I don't have it, but I am considering it.)

Minderwiz

Actually Janus is $149, so perhaps you should reconsider. :) (I don't have it, but I am considering it.)

Actually I wasn't thinking of Janus there. but I still wouldn't advise a beginner to buy it before they had decided that Astrology was definitely for them :)

I like Janus and will definitely buy it. For someone who has taken the decision to buy a good program that handles traditional Astrology better than most, it's a great buy. For someone dipping their toe in it Morinus or Astrology for Windows is the best to use.

Lee

My apologies, Minderwiz, I thought you were talking about spending that much yourself. Of course now I see you didn't mean that -- I was tired last night and posted carelessly.

Minderwiz

Don't worry, I didn't take offence LOL :) :)

Minderwiz

Idyll's Horary using the additional significators

The story so far The question was whether Idyll and M would enter a relationship by around mid April. The chart cast shows interest on the part of Idyll but no connections between the two significators Moon (Idyll) and Saturn (M) That is pointing to the conclusion that the interest will not be translated into reality. A clarification has shown that this relationship is romantic, rather than simply amicable, so two additional significators can be used...Venus for the female (Idyll) and the Sun for the male (M......So let's see whether the situation has changed.

Looking at Venus first, she is placed in Aries, her Detriment but she does have dignity by Terms, from 6 degrees to 14 degrees Aries. So her score is -3 and she is not peregrine. I'd interpret the weak essential dignity here as an indication that Idyll is vulnerable or feels vulnerable by showing her interest, risking the chance of failure. Venus is placed in the tenth - a strong placement, she is also direct and free from the Sun's beams, she is also conjunct the Part of Fortune (luck may be with her). Venus is making no aspect to Saturn, though as Saturn is in Libra and ruled by Venus, we could infer that M has some interest in Idyll. Sadly there's no connection between Venus and Saturn by antisicia or by translation of light or collection of light.

That leaves us the Sun. The Sun in Aquarius is ruled by Saturn and in his Detriment. The Sun is on the cusp of the ninth, the house of Dreams, prophecy and long distance travel. It's possible that this indicates that the question is based on dreams, but dreams here are clearly linked to prophecy. At 24 degrees Aquarius the Sun is in an applying trine to Saturn but sadly Saturn is also a significator of M, not Idyll. So is there any aspect to Venus or the Moon. In Aries, Venus will not form a major aspect to the Sun, nor are they in antiscial signs, nor is there any chance of translation or collection of light.

However, we also have to consider any aspects between Sun and Moon. Moon in Libra is in square to the Sun by sign. The angular separation is 12 degrees, rather wide but the Moon will apply to the Sun and the Sun will be the next planet the Moon aspects.

A few posts back we had a discussion about perfection through squares and oppositions. Lilly requires the significators to apply out of good houses (the ninth and the fith are not bad but are hardly the best houses, still they do have positive accidental dignity. (=3 and +2) but Liily also requires the planets to be in dignity in the degree in which they are placed. both Sun and Moon have negative essential dignity. So whilst perfection is possible it will only be with difficulty and probably won't work out.

I don't want to be too pessimistic but if you do get together it won't be easy let's just hope that Lilly is wrong.

Hispet

I would like to know how I did in interpreting this chart, and if I didn't do so well I am interested in learning what I missed or where I went wrong. This seems to be a lot harder to learn than I thought it would be initially, lol.

My Question; Will he and I reunite? We've been broken up for the past three months, so I wanted to see if there was any chance of us getting back together again.

I went through the line of suggestions, and I believe that this chart is readable. There is nothing to me that jumps out and says that it's not a readable chart. But I am a beginner, so I know there is a chance of error on my part.
In this chart, I would be represented by the moon being that the ascendant is in Cancer.

The quesited would be represented by the Seventh house. In this chart, the Seventh house is in Capricorn, so his signifactor in this question would be Saturn.

Essential dignity
The moon is in Sagittarius. By looking at the chart, I am in "terms" and "face" Now, I am assuming that this isn't such a good thing to find. I have a total of 5 points, so I don't think that I hold much power or sway in this situation. I appear to be more in detriment.

Saturn is in Libra. He scores a total of 7 points which shows that he has more power to influence things than I do.

Accidental Dignity
The moon falls in the 6th house, so once again I am in detriment. If the planet is in the 6th house, I would get -2

Saturn gains 4 points for being in the 4th house. But Saturn loses 5 points here because it is in retrograde, which would leave him at -1. Here, he is still a little stronger than me.

By looking at both Essential, and Accidental, I don't think that I have much power over if we reunite or not. I think that he has most of the power in this case.

Aspects
The Moon is Sextile Saturn in an applying aspect. I am guessing that would count being that these two planets are applying towards one another.

Judgement
Being that there is an applying aspect between myself and him, I think that there is a chance that we may reunite, but if that happens he will be the one holding the power to make it happen. I don't really have much pull over us getting back together or not.

Here is the link to the chart. http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4260/horarylearning.gif

Minderwiz

I have been out for much of the day so I've not had chance to look at it but will reply tomorrow

Minderwiz

My Question; Will he and I reunite? We've been broken up for the past three months, so I wanted to see if there was any chance of us getting back together again.

I went through the line of suggestions, and I believe that this chart is readable. There is nothing to me that jumps out and says that it's not a readable chart. But I am a beginner, so I know there is a chance of error on my part.
In this chart, I would be represented by the moon being that the ascendant is in Cancer.

The quesited would be represented by the Seventh house. In this chart, the Seventh house is in Capricorn, so his signifactor in this question would be Saturn.

Yes you have correctly identified the significators :)

Hispet said:
Essential dignity
The moon is in Sagittarius. By looking at the chart, I am in "terms" and "face" Now, I am assuming that this isn't such a good thing to find. I have a total of 5 points, so I don't think that I hold much power or sway in this situation. I appear to be more in detriment.

Saturn is in Libra. He scores a total of 7 points which shows that he has more power to influence things than I do.

You are correct for Saturn

The Moon in Sagittarius is Peregrine . It has no dignity at all. The Sign ruler is Jupiter, there's no planet in exaltation, the triplicity ruler is the Sun (it's a day chart) and the Terms are Mars and the Face is Saturn (all at the Moon's location). So the Moon has -5 points

However your conclusion is correct, you are the weaker party here - you're not sure of your way forward.

Hispet said:
Accidental Dignity
The moon falls in the 6th house, so once again I am in detriment. If the planet is in the 6th house, I would get -2

Saturn gains 4 points for being in the 4th house. But Saturn loses 5 points here because it is in retrograde, which would leave him at -1. Here, he is still a little stronger than me.

By looking at both Essential, and Accidental, I don't think that I have much power over if we reunite or not. I think that he has most of the power in this case.

Saturn in the fourth is angular, he's in the best position to initiate anything, if he chooses. As Saturn is Retrograde, he's almost literally looking the other way.

The Moon in the sixth is indeed badly placed, the sixth is a cadent house and, it makes no major aspect to the Ascendant - it's out of the way and not easily seen.

Conclusion, at the moment you aren't sufficiently on his mind for him to act.

Hispet said:
Aspects
The Moon is Sextile Saturn in an applying aspect. I am guessing that would count being that these two planets are applying towards one another.

Judgement
Being that there is an applying aspect between myself and him, I think that there is a chance that we may reunite, but if that happens he will be the one holding the power to make it happen. I don't really have much pull over us getting back together or not.

Yes there is an applying sextile between the Moon and Saturn and if perfected that would indeed suggest that you two reunite in the time period. However, the bad news is that before the Moon can sextile Saturn, it will sextile the Sun at 27 Aquarius.

In anything but a question on romance and relationships that would be an end to the matter. However, as it is about romantic relationship we have to consider two secondary sigificators. Venus for you, and the Sun for him. Now I don't need to even look at Venus because in that last paragraph I identified a close applying aspect between Sun and Moon. This actually means that your conclusion is correct.

Does he have mood swings or have two distinct sides to his character? It's almost as if one side of him doesn't want to know at all and the other side steps in and over-rules that attitude.

Anyway the outlook appears to be quite good, though he will be the one who is most likely to get things going.

Here is the link to the chart.

Hispet

Yes you have correctly identified the significators :)

You are correct for Saturn

The Moon in Sagittarius is Peregrine . It has no dignity at all. The Sign ruler is Jupiter, there's no planet in exaltation, the triplicity ruler is the Sun (it's a day chart) and the Terms are Mars and the Face is Saturn (all at the Moon's location). So the Moon has -5 points

However your conclusion is correct, you are the weaker party here - you're not sure of your way forward.

You are correct. I am very confused right now. What was kind of interesting about this being that the Moon is in Sagittarius, is that in my natal chart my moon is also in Sagittarius, and his Sun is in Sagittarius in his natal.

Saturn in the fourth is angular, he's in the best position to initiate anything, if he chooses. As Saturn is Retrograde, he's almost literally looking the other way.

The Moon in the sixth is indeed badly placed, the sixth is a cadent house and, it makes no major aspect to the Ascendant - it's out of the way and not easily seen.

Conclusion, at the moment you aren't sufficiently on his mind for him to act.

Me not being on his mind doesn't surprise me at all. He was the one that broke up with me because he decided he wanted to move to another state to go find himself. But I don't think he actually went anywhere. I saw him driving his car a couple weeks ago. So I don't think the moving is going as planned.

Yes there is an applying sextile between the Moon and Saturn and if perfected that would indeed suggest that you two reunite in the time period. However, the bad news is that before the Moon can sextile Saturn, it will sextile the Sun at 27 Aquarius.

In anything but a question on romance and relationships that would be an end to the matter. However, as it is about romantic relationship we have to consider two secondary sigificators. Venus for you, and the Sun for him. Now I don't need to even look at Venus because in that last paragraph I identified a close applying aspect between Sun and Moon. This actually means that your conclusion is correct.
Ok, I didn't know about the secondary signifactors. Do these only apply in questions about romantic relationships?

Does he have mood swings or have two distinct sides to his character? It's almost as if one side of him doesn't want to know at all and the other side steps in and over-rules that attitude.

Anyway the outlook appears to be quite good, though he will be the one who is most likely to get things going.

Here is the link to the chart.

He does seem to have mood swings, and yes I did see a completely different side to his personality during the break up. It seemed totally out of character.