The Gilded Tarot Study Group proposal thread

Cerridwen

Hi

SoulJourney pm'ed me regarding studying this Tarot deck I think there was just 3 of us, are you all ready as I would so love to start studying with others on this?

How shall we begin?

Initial thoughts on the deck?

Mine are well this is the 1st Tarot I have used as I have been using my other 3 Oracles and I feel more in tune with this one as though it feels really right for me. Does that sound odd? I have been doing a few readings with this one this week and wands keeps coming up lots, not sure what kind of significance that represents.

Mainly I have just been doing a one card reading a day, I done a 3 card reading last night for a friend and was quite impressed with that but, still oh so new and wonder if I am doing it right.

The images on this deck are gorgeous and I do find it so easy to work with.

Look forward to hearing about your thoughts on it.

:)

souljourney

Initial impressions

This is my first deck really. I owned Voyager and looked at it a few times. I think I was overwhelmed. I am actually giving it to a friend for Yule.
I saw the Gilded about 3 weeks ago with a friend and it just grabbed me. I'm really picky about the art. If I don't like it, forget it.
I'm also finding this deck to be pretty easy to read intuitively. The images have so much to them. I also find the deck to be positive. It always puts a good spin on things. Look at 10 Swords for example. You don't have the swords stabbing the person, they hover and are filled with light. Even the companion book says something like... a new cycle will soon begin, don't give up hope. Pretty positive for a relatively negative card.
The most difficult cards for me seem to be the Court Cards...but I guess that's pretty common with most decks.
I have really no idea how we want to work this group. I just know I wouldn't really have time to "organize" it...but I'd love to contribute. We could be a little different and start with the Minors... there is always so much about the Majors, it might be nice to be different?
SJ

bluepixie

Is this study group still active? i just gotten my first ever deck last month .. still very new at all this.. Most reference sites or book seem to explain more on the rider waite tarot but some of the cards are quite different n i m a little lost at reading them... =(

RedMaple

I'm expecting the Gilded in the mail, and will be studying it, so I'd be happy to join the group. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Since for many of you posting, this is your first Tarot deck, I think it might be good to start with the Majors, then move on to the Minors. I know there was a suggestion to do it the other way, but the Majors are so important to understand, and are really the big forces moving through our lives. But if that feels too structured, I'm happy to approach it any way at all.

With a new deck, I often spend time just getting to know the cards in whatever way they appeal to me.

I go through this little ritual I have where I order the cards in each suit, and place them in their corresponding directions, (for me, this is Swords-Air-East; Wands-Fire-South; Cups-Water-West; Pentacles-Earth-North; although I have been tempted lately to switch the East and West correspondences since I live in the Northeastern part of North America and water is East for us...) and place the Majors in the center. This helps me to have a kind of geography of the deck, and reinforces the correspondences to the elements and directions, which makes it easier for me to remember.

Do any of you have a way you like to get acquainted with your cards?

annik

I got the deck not long ago. It would be fun for me to study it with other like-minded people!

RedMaple

Sorry I won't be able to join you. My Gilded did not arrive, and apparently is out of print. So maybe I'll catch up with you later.

RedMaple

Are people still interested in starting this thread up again? I just got my Gilded in the mail, and there seem to be few people who'd like to talk about it. Just thought I'd bump this thread up, and if people are interested we can give it a go.

annik

I am still interested! I thought everybody else had forgotten about it! It is nice to see I was mistaken...

souljourney

I'd still be interested. I'm going to be studying with a friend of mine anyway, so this would be great for both of us.
I really wanted to get into this deck before moving on to others...

pintogdss

Just getting back into Tarot study, after many years away. I just ordered the Gilded deck from Amazon, and it should be here mid month, so I will just lurk for now! I can always check out images online, but it's not the same as having the cards in my hot little hands. I am looking forward to studying this deck and others here on AT, it's a great resource.

Anxiously awaiting the Tarot of Dreams deck as well, it seems to be more deep.

I am hoping to weave Tarot into my current healing practice. Immersed in psychic developement now, and things are flowing easily (finally!)

In light,

Lisa