Planet Series: The Sun & Jupiter

dadsnook2000

Perhaps not . . .

rainwolf, you seem to have calculated in the wrong direction. You noted . . .
(Sun sag, Jup pisces, almost trine). Using Sun in Sag as the Anchor Point, Jupiter is further ahead of the Sun on the zodiac trail, in a sign that squres the Sun's sign. It would seem that you are in the Activist Phase.

Now, I would like to speak to everyone. In this portion of the Planet Series we have been looking at the Sun and how it expresses itself thru the other planets, giving them energy and vitality. In doing so, it makes sense to use the Sun as the Anchor Point for measuring aspects or phase relationships.

In general practice, whenever we use phase relationships between any pair of planets, we always use the slowest moving planet as the anchor point and the faster moving planet as the expression point. If we were not concentrating on how the Sun energizes, directs and expresses its will, warmth, ego, support, etc. in connection with Jupiter, then we would probably treat Jupiter (being apparently slower moving) as the anchor and the Sun as the expression point. IT ALL DEPENDS UPON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AS TO HOW YOU USE THE METHOD (OR ANY METHOD IN ASTROLOGY).

This is why I also encourage you to think about the House Position of the Sun and Jupiter. This helps us more fully understand how the Sun lights up the other planets and integrates them into the chart. If the Sun, in anyone's chart, aspect two or three planets, then those planets may (I repeat, may) form the basis for understanding the whole chart -- those planets may shape the core personality and life experiences.

So, to get back to rainwolf, you may indeed relate to the Believer Stage in terms of how Jupiter expresses itself thru the Sun, but I would suggest you turn in around to the Activist Phase to understand how the Sun expresses itself thru Jupiter -- the mental gymnastics are interesting and help us grow in our understanding and use of astrology.

To better explore how the Sun integrates Jupiter into the core values of one's will, health, focus, direction, vitality, etc., use the phase meaning and the house meanings. Dave

stardancer

to rainwolf. Yes, they not just one or the other, but the symbology is there. Another question is, what do you have when a person has Jupiter/Saturn conj on the ascendent. My husband is a bit like that.

My Jupiter is conjunct the 12th house, and I relate to both the tendencies of the first and twelfth as it speaks through Jupiter. I can be just as gregarious as I can be a loner and perfectly comfortable alone with myself. I also love to delve into things to see what makes them tick and do things for people. Acknowledgement is okay, but I prefer no acknowledgement at all. It seems more fun to watch the surprise. I've always liked putting others in the center of attention.

rainwolf

go overboard in acquisitions or enjoyment of life -- affecting health, reputation, leadership image and ability to move ahead cleanly and effectively
Haha that sounds a lot more like me :| Not all the time, but an occasional characteristic of course.

WhiteRaven

dadsnook2000 said:
PERFORMER PHASE: 0 to 45 degrees; Sun to Jupiter.
One gravitates toward, or acts as if, one (who) was wealthy, generous, and highly optimistic. One tends to "live large" and encourage others, enjoys the fruits of life and is highly gregarious in nature. The only aspect that might occur in this phase is the opening semi-sextile

Although I fall into this particular phase, I find that it is completely contrary to how I live and what I have experienced in my past. Perhaps it is because of my sun being so close to the MC...and also the aspects that include Jupiter within my chart...which is Jupiter square Moon and Jupiter square Mercury. Jupiter also sits in my 12 house. I do try to encourage others when they need....but I do not live large and have had many difficulties and obstacles in life so, I would not be able to say that I enjoy the fruits of life...not yet anyway..lol. I do give quite a bit when I can...but I am known to be a realist to the extreme and thus, optimisim is rarely in my vocabulary.
However, things seem to be changing ever so slowly these days (within the last year I would say), and I have to wonder if it has anything to do with my progressed chart at the moment and how the aspects are more harmionous with Jupiter right now.

dadsnook2000

For all participants in the Planet Series

For all participants in the Planet Series . . . There are two overall issues to keep in mind.

FIRST: During this series we will be giving particular attention to six planetary pairs which we will explore AS SHORTCUTS TO UNDERSTANDING A CHART. These six pairs will explore phase relationships:
** Sun & Moon . . . our basic personality
** Saturn & Moon . . . our cultural and family heritage
** Mars & Venus . . . our poise and sexuality
** Jupiter & Mercury . . . our communication skills
** Jupiter & Saturn . . . how we conduct our lives
** Saturn & Uranus . . . how we change our lives

SECOND: The understanding of any planetary pair serves primarily as a small one-sentance statement of understanding. We choose which planets seem importantly placed or paired in our chart -- then we look at them in aspect or in phase relationship and create a sentance-picture -- then we combine three or four or maybe six of these into a rough sketch of our life and personality.

From this sketch, we then start placing all of the details we choose to use (signs, asteroids, TNP, uranian hypotheticals, Centaurs, arabian parts, sabian symbols, mid-points, houses, harmonics, whatever) onto this basic sketched-out framework. This allows us to choose which details to use to fill in the picture with colors. The original three or six statements are used to construct the picture, a true picture. The details fill it in. Dave

PS After this Sun-Jupiter thread we will digress and jumpt to the Saturn-Moon exploration -- a very deep and personal combination that will have us thinking about our childhood, heritage, the baggage we carry into adult life. For some, this may be painful, but for all it will be revealing and worthwhile.

huredriel

dadsnook2000 said:
One gravitates toward, or acts as if, one (who) was wealthy, generous, and highly optimistic. One tends to "live large" and encourage others, enjoys the fruits of life and is highly gregarious in nature. The only aspect that might occur in this phase is the opening semi-sextile

Well I think I'm in the performer phase .... with Sun in Leo at 26-31, and Jupiter in Virgo at 11-57 ...... take it there is only about 14-15 degrees between them. Would agree with all of what Dave has put about this phase except the optimistic part ....... I've always seen myself as an *optimistic pessimist* ...... if you look on the down side, anything good is a bonus, although I'm trying to change that these days ...... can be gregarious, when the mood takes, but not all the time. No major aspect between the two that is noted at astro.

Both however are in House 10, so not quite sure how that pans out to be honest *wrinkles forehead*

prudence

dadsnook2000 said:
BELIEVER PHASE: 215 to 270 degrees; Sun to Jupiter
One uses one's reputation and prior successes to strive towards improvements in ones own life and immediate circle/family. One might join in another's push to expand resources or some crusade of social cause with the hope of gain. Retrograde: Retrograde motion merely brings one close to this phase for a short period of time. One sees how others can leverage their resources to benefit others but fails to heed this demonstration of support. Aspects that can occur in this phase: Closing sesquiquadrate, closing trine.

I think this is where I am , but it doesn't resonate with me very much. I don't see myself as using my reputation and prior successes....but when I do go about doing some things, that require a lot of inner determination, I do look to my past, at times in which I have mustered a lot of strength, and remind myself that if I did it before, I can do it again. So, in this repsect, it does resonate. Jupiter is in a trine with my Sun, and also with my Venus.(Jupiter is at 5 degrees Scorpio, in the 8th House)

SirenRising

dadsnook2000 said:

Sun Virgo 13 (house 6 or 5?)
Jupiter Leo 25 (house 5)

Although i'm optimistic (not «highly»), my sun makes a very close contact to saturn, which makes me too serious to «live large» or (even less) to «act» wealthy. On the other side i am generous and tend to give carte blanche...

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
We will consider these Keywords for Sun and for Jupiter:
SUN -- Vitality, Will, Health, Focus
JUPITER -- Growth, Expansion, Preservation, Socialness

WORKER PHASE: 45 to 90 degrees; Sun to Jupiter.
One seems to find it difficult to demand or live with oportunities and expectations of success, or offers of encouragement and support from others. If ones parents or a past situation reflected a level of comfort above what is now experienced, one finds it hard to achieve that same situation in the same way -- one looks for better or different solutions to finding improvement. There are two possible aspects that might occur in this phase; the semi-square and the sextile.

My Sun is in Tau 18 degrees, 9th house quintile Jupiter in Cancer 27 degrees, 12th house.
I never really paid any attention to this connection because the quintile didn't appear to be a significant aspect as say a sextile. I do see the sense of how I followed one of my parent's profession but have not had the same success as they. In fact have come across more frustration, especially when I first began, than anything. Since these two highlight the 9th and 12th house, I have identified with the parental take on spiritual growth from an early age. My father was an astrologer, so I was exposed to an "alternative" way of looking at things even though I wasn't able to fully understand how to apply these details of my life. I am not an astologer, by any means, LOL! I perceive the connection of this Sun and Jupiter as a "blessing" of sorts to work toward an understanding of life circumstances and how it leads to inner growth, I guess.

Crystelle

Crystelle: Although I identify more with the phase before....

I find that my degrees difference 49.78 (if you wouldn't mind checking the math Dave, I'd be most appreciative!)

Sun Sagittarius 23.00
Jupiter Scorpio 3.22

Which means I am in the...
WORKER PHASE: 45 to 90 degrees; Sun to Jupiter.
One seems to find it difficult to demand or live with oportunities and expectations of success, or offers of encouragement and support from others. If ones parents or a past situation reflected a level of comfort above what is now experienced, one finds it hard to achieve that same situation in the same way -- one looks for better or different solutions to finding improvement. There are two possible aspects that might occur in this phase; the semi-square and the sextile.

The only part of this I can identify with is that I find it hard to accept encouragement from others -- I always doubt their intentions. However, as I said in the title, I feel that the PERFORMER PHASE or BELIEVER PHASE resonates more distinctly with me. Perhaps my math is a bit off or I haven't seen some aspect of the relationship that would change the description a bit.