Renaissance Tarot (Jones / Lyle) - Strength XI

Papageno

this is so tempting.

can we take this a step futher and then say that the Lion (war like) hangs over the Unicorn as a ever present threat to Peace?

Debra

Or for that matter, the female vs. male versions of "strength".

Papageno

Debra said:
Or for that matter, the female vs. male versions of "strength".

hmmmm sorry I lost you there :confused:

Mariana

Or the strength of nature versus the strength of culture. Perhaps even the strength of chaos versus the strength of concentrated organisation.

Debra

Papageno said:
hmmmm sorry I lost you there :confused:

I meant "female" strength as quiet virtue (virgin taming unicorn with that big ole' sticky-uppy horn right there between its eyes where its brain ought to be) and "male" strength as the power of empire (the imperial lion).

Debra

One more thing about unicorns and maidens--just was reminded of this--the idea was to use the maiden to LURE the unicorn so it could be hunted. She's being sneaky and sly as she waits for it in the glade. And who comes a'riding in once the unicorn's arrived, but the royal hunting party.

Papageno

this is a big revelation for me :|.....thought about it......went away......came back ........thought about it some more......yeah it IS possible to get the same message whether it's a unicorn or lion, or any other beast for that matter......of course it is

thanks

I love this concept.............that's the backbone for a real strategy reading or spread

oooooooooo })

thanks Deb :love:

Debra

Well, PapaG, so much for my theory that this is a simple straightforward deck! What did Little Baron say about it--bang bang bang?

Where the heck is LB, anyway???

WooMonkey

I have to agree with others that the lion is somewhat incongruous with the other parts of the card--maiden, flowers, unicorn. Although the book describes the unicorn as a wild and ferocious beast, symbolizing everyone's animal nature. Guess I'd better read up more on unicorns! :)

Enchanted

WooMonkey said:
I have to agree with others that the lion is somewhat incongruous with the other parts of the card--maiden, flowers, unicorn. Although the book describes the unicorn as a wild and ferocious beast, symbolizing everyone's animal nature. Guess I'd better read up more on unicorns! :)

Yes it is perplexing, I think that is why when I figured out where I heard a tale of a lion and a unicorn in battle before it began to more sense for me. Both the lion and the unicorn symbolise the "animal nature" but have different ways of approaching it, the unicorn, harmony, the lion, might. I feel like you could just glean so much from this in a reading.