The Gothic Tarot by Vargo – Six Of Swords

WolfyJames

We are in a dark forest, a woman walking along with some wolf or werewolf with wings. She holds a sword and at her feet is a skull. They seem to be on a small island surrounded by air or water, the other swords are within the current.

They're travelling together, going through that forest. Changing the place where they lived to another place. The wolf can change of shape as well. The swords are moving through current (air, water). Physical change, spiritual change, mental change, emotional change.

Umbrae

WolfyJames said:
They're travelling together, going through that forest. Changing the place where they lived by another place. The wolf can change of shape as well. The swords are moving through current (air, water). Physical change, spiritual change, mental change, emotional change.

What more can I say...

September Pixie

She appears to be standing on the only spot of dry land.. water is swirling around the ground she is standing on.. 5 swords are stabbed into the water... skull at her feet and she has a rather scary, growling winged companion, gnarled trees in the background.. she isn't wearing much clothing herself..

possibly meaning
+ bubbling/swirling emotions..
+ something buried coming to surface
+ not well prepared to deal with what lays ahead (nakedness)
+ trouble
+ stabbing emotions - emotional journeys

mj07

I really love this card for some reason! It conveys a feeling of power to me, complete lack of fear, as well as comradary (sp?) Seems to me they are in a swamp, much like the Bayou in Louisiana, something about the trees in the backround reminds me of that place! Perhaps they've just faced a demon or a battle of some kind, leaving the other swords rooted in the ground, they move forward with only the one they really need.

mercenary30

Six of Swords

There is a foggy bog for the setting of this card. Moss and lichen covered trees dominate the back ground. A mound of earth rises from the fog and the bog water. A skull is lying upon the mound. There are some large rocks sticking out of the bog water. Five swords are stick in the bog between this knoll and the next. The sixth sword is in the left hand of a female warrior. She is scantly clad with a cloak flowing behind her. She is standing along side of a winged wolf. The wolf’s wings are open and aggressively poised. Its head is lowered and it is bearing its teeth; the hair standing on its neck.

There are so many possibilities I can see with this card. Let me start with the wolf. A vampire can take the form of a wolf. They can also take a humanoid form with leathery wings, similar to an angel. Although I have never seen it before, I don’t see any reason why a vampire could not be in wolf form with their wings sticking out. The problem I have with that is that these wings are not leathery, and the eyes are not glowing red. So I am more likely to believe that this is cross breed similar to a Pegasus. There is also the remote possibility that it is a lycanthropic angel, although it would be a dark angel and there is no evidence of any supernatural power. The woman could be a vampire, but I also don’t believe that. This is a mortal warrior from the region. Specifically, she is a vampire killer and she is patrolling the swamp bog, which borders between the lands controlled by the vampire clan and that where her people live. They have bred the winged wolf as both a tracker and a means of protection from vampires. The flying ability allows it to chase down subject vampires and better track their movements. Highly intelligent, these winged wolves are not susceptible to vampiric control like its more mundane brethren.

annik

I am under the impression they are lost during a travel. There is a lot of fog around them. Or maybe they are going into a cemetary to remember those who passed to the invisible world.