Some meanings I've seen in my research are:
Suffering
Burdens
Self-sacrifice
Martyrdom
Religion or spirituality
Something is fated or destined

I'm sure you guys can add to this list.

As a symbol, I understand that the cross is a Christian symbol for the sacrifice that Jesus made by allowing himself to die on the cross to atone for all of our sins.

I know that there are pre-Christian meanings for this symbol too, and would love to hear them from those of you that know!

Does anyone know what the playing card interpretation for this card is?

What else can we gather here about the Cross in general and how it can be interpreted in Lenormand spreads?

Let's have some fun and some serious info here!

Amanda

Well I haven't been using the Playing Cards much either, but I can tell you what it says in Jane Lyle's companion book to the Fortune Teller's deck! :)

Sixes have to do with Harmony and Choice. The sixes speak of there being two sides to every choice, and advise against sitting on the fence.

6 of Clubs

Essence: Generosity

Manifests as: Material gain.

Interpretation

This card signifies a time of increase, usually through the help and assistance of others. Concentration and effort are beginning to pay off and, while there is still a lot of work ahead, rewards are definitely in sight. Above all, this card represents business success, very often achieved in partnership with someone else. Together you can generate both income and enthusiasm: there should be plenty of possibilities for expansion, promotion and lucrative developments of all kinds. If the question posed does not concern work, the 6 of Clubs promises good news of some kind. This could be personal or relate to someone dear to you. Either way, positive progress is assured.

Reversed Meaning

Broken promises, unreliable associates or unexpected opposition are all signified by the 6 of Clubs reversed. If you are relying on someone else to help you with an important project, you may be disappointed. Progress in your working life is not possible now, although circumstances will improve. This card also warns of excessive spending, careless attitudes towards money and financial deprivation. Caution in the immediate future will prevent any lasting slump, be this emotional, creative, or financial.

Tarot Fairy

hmmm here some more:

transformation
perceptions
regret

Ronia

I'll speak of experience because the Cross has been a toughy and I paid special attention how it manifested over the years. definitely burdens of all kinds - from a sickness to emotional and depression. Also, tough decisions, tough paths to walk. However, before a card it has always meant "fated". For example, Cross+Heart=fated love(r). Cross+Crossroads=fated decision/choice and a tough one. Things I could not avoid, like it or not.

It has never manifested for me as faith or past, or sacrifice but this is me. :)

Nickigirl

Thanks for your input Amanda_04, Tarot Fairy and Ronia!!! This is great info.

Ronia, how do you see the Cross differently is it's on the end of a row then? Is that when it manifests as burden, for example?

Thanks!!!!

Ronia

Yes, it's a common meaning I think, I certainly read it somewhere long ago. If it's before a card it's fated, but if it's after, then it's burden or even putting a cross on something. Funnily, though, I realized some time ago it meant literally "cross" like "cross a river" in a spread of mine. The cards are sometimes very literal. :)

Ronia

I just pulled cards regarding a romantic advice (!) and I cut at Cross. Now, this is a tough one. What advice is the Cross? Have faith? fated? Or just cross it, forget it? Very, very puzzling.

Amanda

As advice? Perhaps, test yourself or your limits, would be the advice for that one?

Nickigirl

Also, I read somewhere that it can mean "faith" or "belief".
Perhaps in your reading Ronia, it means have faith! Believe in the relationship. Or perhaps, trust yourself, believe in what your own heart is telling you.