My Next Deck

Barleywine

I thought about the Pixie's Lenormand for you, this deck is both classical and not classical (for a Lenormand of course), but I just saw on your profile that you already have it!

For me I thought for while about the Celtic Lenormand but I never bought it and I don't really regret because several cards don't fit to the traditional meanings.
I am a fan of the Daveluy Lenormand, but it isn't modern at all!
I saw some nice Lenormand decks on Duck Soup lately, a few are quite modern and unconventional.

Yes, I have it! Thanks for the suggestions. I have the same thought as you about the Celtic Lenormand, but I find the artwork compelling. As long as I can tell quickly what a card is supposed to represent, I'm OK with it. Just for reference, the two decks I use the most right now are the Gilded Reverie and the Burning Serpent, both of which take liberties with traditional imagery. They pretty much define what I'm after as both "modern" and artistically superior.

MissChiff

I LOVE the decks on Tag jorrit's site...Beautiful! My all time favorite is the mini game of hope deck.

Genna

While I wait patiently for the Anna K, I'm debating what modern, non-traditional deck I should add to my collection next. The Celtic Lenormand has been on my wish-list for a long time, as has the Wanderwust. Jeri Totten's Alternate Realities and Harlequin I keep coming back to as well. I'm going to decide in the next few weeks. What do you have your eyes on that I might also consider?

Since you like the mythological inspired Burning Serpent Oracle, how about Egyptian Lenormand? Extra Gentleman and Lady, and Cat card. However, might be too mythological?

Barleywine

Since you like the mythological inspired Burning Serpent Oracle, how about Egyptian Lenormand? Extra Gentleman and Lady, and Cat card. However, might be too mythological?

Not too mythological, but the art is too amateurish for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

DownUnderNZer

I have seen some of Lynn Boyle's decks in person in an "Esoteric New Age Shop" near the city. Between 5 and 6 decks.

The ones I saw had things I did not like - like writing on the small side and not always clear, the images were small and in the center, and I am sure there may have been borders with one or two decks as well. Could have been that the images were so small the cards swallowed them up. The images did not stand out as I would have liked and maybe whoever printed them - well, some decks just seemed "rough" in the making if not all of them.

I would hope that not ALL her decks are like that as I have seen others online that seem cool. Online is one thing and up, close, and personal is another.

DND :)

exactly my idea!:)) also I just Remembered Mystisches Lenormand!:))
and Lynn Boyle have a best selection of Lenormand decks ever!:)
so be sure to check it out; https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/AquariusFortunes?ref=hdr_shop_menu

decan

There are indeed some beautiful Lenormand decks on AquariusFortunes! I didn't know this shop.
Decks aren't as well too expensive, of course from Australia I guess the shipping must be horrible (for me at least!) :)

I find that it could be a bit difficult for artists to create a great Lenormand deck; on one hand there is the creativity, the art, the inspirational side, but the Lenormand in itself is a bit strict with conventions, so this could be something a bit frustrating as well for them.
Honestly and among modern Lenormand decks, and there are a lot currently, I am not always really excited.

ETA: my favorite is maybe the tattoo Lenormand there, with the "Tour Eiffel" depicted on the Tower card! :)
There is a project about the building of a high bulletproof glass wall all around the "Tour Eiffel" (because of the risks with regard to this monument in particular), well, risky time! :(