Help me choose my first Lenormand Deck!

Sharla

Hi Beyondtheveil.

You need to go for a deck that speaks to you personally...the deck i use at present is the gilded reverie, BUT that's only because i can relate to the pics, and i like how they stand out etc, but this may not be the same for you.

Whichever deck you feel you relate to better image wise, then get that deck...whichever one this may happen to be. We all see cards differently.

Also going on lenormand being set meanings and not using your intuition, this is not true....you need to also be able to use your intuition also....but this is the same with all cards really.

For example: someone asks what X's feelings is for them...

You pull 3 cards and get ...Man, anchor, moon.

Going on set meanings would say that this guy works nights, and hasn't got time for feelings he's too tired from working nights all the time....but what about if this guy doesn't even work nights.

Now if i was to read these (and i do read intuitively also), id say that the man feels deeply for them, as in my eyes i'd view this as the anchor card weighing down the moon card....so the feelings are getting deeper.

Like a lot of people use tree for health, but tree can mean many more things if you use your intuition also....it can mean boredom, stagnation, green, branching out, slow progress, something that's been around a long time, etc.

DownUnderNZer

Once you have built a foundation and know the main meanings of the cards in and out only then really can you be intuitive.

Learn a system first and know the meanings in and out.

Tree isn't just HEALTH. Things like "branching out" or "building from the roots" is not from anyone being "intuitive". Not at all. That is almost laughable.

I agree with Mary Greer's write up that has been put on a thread somewhere on AT recently in the way that the Lenormand has evolved from a total "traditional" way of reading them to a more "modern" way, and also, she states somewhere that "Traditional" readers are more accurate than "Intuitive" except with "predictive" readings. Rather interesting.

She is also on to something else, (it dawned on me some time back due to some of what I saw on AT and FB), when she says more or less that "intuitive readers" only know "some" of the meanings when it comes to the Lenormand. Maybe that is why they are not so accurate on most things. Right?

How does "a person working at night" relate to "feelings" at all? And where do you get tired? The Lenormand are not about going off on your own tangent and putting added info where it should not be and none of those cards show "exhaustion" or "fatigue".

No offense, you are not even addressing the question at all either.

DND :)

Hi Beyondtheveil.

You need to go for a deck that speaks to you personally...the deck i use at present is the gilded reverie, BUT that's only because i can relate to the pics, and i like how they stand out etc, but this may not be the same for you.

Whichever deck you feel you relate to better image wise, then get that deck...whichever one this may happen to be. We all see cards differently.

Also going on lenormand being set meanings and not using your intuition, this is not true....you need to also be able to use your intuition also....but this is the same with all cards really.

For example: someone asks what X's feelings is for them...

You pull 3 cards and get ...Man, anchor, moon.

Going on set meanings would say that this guy works nights, and hasn't got time for feelings he's too tired from working nights all the time....but what about if this guy doesn't even work nights.

Now if i was to read these (and i do read intuitively also), id say that the man feels deeply for them, as in my eyes i'd view this as the anchor card weighing down the moon card....so the feelings are getting deeper.

Like a lot of people use tree for health, but tree can mean many more things if you use your intuition also....it can mean boredom, stagnation, green, branching out, slow progress, something that's been around a long time, etc.

Sharla

Once you have built a foundation and know the main meanings of the cards in and out only then really can you be intuitive.

Learn a system first and know the meanings in and out.

Tree isn't just HEALTH. Things like "branching out" or "building from the roots" is not from anyone being "intuitive". Not at all. That is almost laughable.
Why is this almost laughable....well i'm glad you found it so funny. So if you "imagine" a tree, you don't imagine it branching out ? Well im not sure what trees you live amongst, as the trees im around do a lot of branching out. And "building from the roots" i never even wrote that in my post :confused:
And you don't NEED to know the meanings in and out, just a general feel of the meaning/s for each card is sufficient, and then you can build on them and start to bring also your own into play.

But hey its only Sharla.....laughable me. So just ignore anything i say, as i obviously don't have a clue what i'm going on about.
I agree with Mary Greer's write up that has been put on a thread somewhere on AT recently in the way that the Lenormand has evolved from a total "traditional" way of reading them to a more "modern" way, and also, she states somewhere that "Traditional" readers are more accurate than "Intuitive" except with "predictive" readings. Rather interesting.

She is also on to something else, (it dawned on me some time back due to some of what I saw on AT and FB), when she says more or less that "intuitive readers" only know "some" of the meanings when it comes to the Lenormand. Maybe that is why they are not so accurate on most things. Right?

How does "a person working at night" relate to "feelings" at all? And where do you get tired? The Lenormand are not about going off on your own tangent and putting added info where it should not be and none of those cards show "exhaustion" or "fatigue".
Because if you read my reply properly....which actually was to Beyondtheveil and not to yourself btw. I did say that if you JUST go by the traditional meanings you find in books or online sites, then this was just an "example" of what you "may" get as a meaning.

Take a look at Bonnys lenormand thread/s she opened, she used the online meanings and that's it....and her readings were waaaayyyy off the mark.
So i was giving an example ....to help Beyondtheveil. that intuition does help too.

Im not saying im a better reader than you or anyone on this forum...BUT these were just my two cents i was giving mythoughts on.

And i've had a run in with you before in the past actually, because of replies like this you've given me. So lets just leave this at this now, i'm not interested in anything you have to say in return.
No offense taken :)

DownUnderNZer

Missed this in that write up.....

' Additionally, these “intuitive-only” readers often answered predictive questions (“Will I pass the exam?) with advice rather than a prediction, a teaching rather than a description.'

HERE HERE MARY GREER!

Because it is not "intuitive" when you say things like "branching out". It is a part of how TREE is looked at anyhow and other things like Spiritual, Genetic, Roots, Seeds to Plants etc. The idea of it being "intuitive" is what is laughable.

Do not think another person's readings in other threads should be aired here at all.

Why is this almost laughable....well i'm glad you found it so funny. So if you "imagine" a tree, you don't imagine it branching out ? Well im not sure what trees you live amongst, as the trees im around do a lot of branching out.
And you don't NEED to know the meanings in and out, just a general feel of the meaning/s for each card is sufficient, and then you can build on them and start to bring alsoyour own into play.

But hey its only Sharla.....laughable me. So just ignore anything i say, as i obviously don't have a clue what i'm going on about.

reall

The Piatnik Lenormand was my first and I did well with it.
And I still have it!:) one of my favorite EVER!:)
imo Piatnik or Blue owl are best to start with and Gilded Reverie Lenormand is must have for beautiful art and one of best downloadable Lenormand books ever! (interesting spreads&practical reading examples with color pictures!^^ recommended! lolz :)
and there is original expanded edition to be published soon; http://www.usgamesinc.com/Gilded-Reverie-Expanded-Edition/ so be sure to check that out!:))

I need a 'fun" deck that is colorful and bright or I will definitely lose interest. That makes me wonder if I should just stick with Tarot and Oracles.
ok, I was about to say you'll also need a deck that'll be your *cup of tea, artistically or in some more specific way, like when I started Lenormand I wanted deck with colors that will help me get card meaning that got expanded with extra cards to Oracle!:) so here it is (and yes! there is mini size as well!:)) https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/
and there is free e book download feat all from Lenormand basic to colors, chakra, reiki, light spell work etc so be sure to check it out n tell me what you think!^^ :)

also wanted Ancient looking deck that'll be simple (because everyone saying that's best for learning!^^) and there is version with text/cards names printed on each card;
https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/home/ancient-lenormand

basically all you need is will to learn good book to give you a good start and 1 Lenormand deck!:) heck, you can even take 1playing card deck and just write a Lenormand card name on each corresponding playing card!xD even scrabble something while you're at it!XD lolz :)

Sharla

Missed this in that write up.....

' Additionally, these “intuitive-only” readers often answered predictive questions (“Will I pass the exam?) with advice rather than a prediction, a teaching rather than a description.'

HERE HERE MARY GREER!

Because it is not "intuitive" when you say things like "branching out". It is a part of how TREE is looked at anyhow and other things like Spiritual, Genetic, Roots, Seeds to Plants etc. The idea of it being "intuitive" is what is laughable.

Do not think another person's readings in other threads should be aired here at all.

I see your emphasizing "Mary Greer" again here. Okay well good luck DND, and you carry on "HERE HERE (ing) " :D and just going on what "Mary Greer" says, well i'm sure this will bring many limitations to your readings "branching out".

Bonnys on the ban list...so don't see why its a problem....if the member was still around i wouldn't have mentioned them. And it was Just for a point i'm try to show you, that your finding hard to grasp.

" ' Additionally, these “intuitive-only” readers often answered predictive questions (“Will I pass the exam?) with advice rather than a prediction, a teaching rather than a description.' "

Now this is actually really laughable, this is the joke of the day this is. So "intuitive - only" readers. (and btw i never said i read "only" intuitively....its a mixture )answer predictive Q's with advice, rather than an answer. Who's wrote this Mary Greer again ?

This is the most crap....lenormand are prediction cards, so why is someone going to give advice...just because they choose also to use intuition.

Lets try this actually : Will i pass the exam ? Ring, scythe, house....to read intuitively id say they will pass with flying colors. The ring is the exam, scythe is the pass (you reap what you sow) and the house is in my intuitive brain and eyes the guy who does the exam as its also the king :heart:.

So no advice here actually just a prediction.....Infact the only advice i can attempt to see in these cards is "be careful with the knife as you may chop your finger off, the one you have your ring on, and you then may need to go home and miss the exam" :D

Okay lets get to the root here...i use my intuition, and you don't simple. So we are both going to disagree on this.

Sharla :)

Sharla

So you've not done readings before and the readings not answered you directly, they've answered in a round about way ? :confused: strange, as yes they do this too. You must have a very well behaved deck :D

man, anchor, moon can mean a guy working night shifts. Anchor is the shift and moon is a planet that appears in the night, and lasts all through the night until the sun rises again and takes over....i bet i've learnt you something new there haven't i lol.

So as an example, maybe the person asked the guys feelings for her, because shes feeling doubtful about them as hes not txting her as much etc, she thinks he's going off her.

So the "example" cards that come out, are basically saying its only because he's been working nights recently that hes not contacting her as much, tired gets added on intuitively as obviously he will be tired....simple.

DownUnderNZer

Your question is about "feelings" even if used as an example - not what a man is doing? Nor if someone is tired or not? And the question was not: "Why is he not texting me that much right now"?

F E E L I N G S.

What does X feel about Y?

Definition: FEELINGS - "An emotional state or reaction".

So, no you are not answering your example question and are kind of doing it the way Mary Greer puts it so eloquently ABOVE in regards to "intuitive" readings.

I know the card meanings enough to do intuitive and I have never really had misbehaved cards as you put it.

How does he feel? Oh, he works late night shifts so he is exhausted etc.

Are you reading it.

"Oh, he works late night shifts. So, how does he FEEL about X? :bugeyed: "He works night shifts so he is exhausted and tired so is not contacting you so much at the moment". So, again, how does he FEEL about X? :bugeyed:

I am not quite grasping how he feels at all about X still as I do not see the "emotional aspect" to your answer.

So you've not done readings before and the readings not answered you directly, they've answered in a round about way ? :confused: strange, as yes they do this too. You must have a very well behaved deck :D

man, anchor, moon can mean a guy working night shifts. Anchor is the shift and moon is a planet that appears in the night, and lasts all through the night until the sun rises again and takes over....i bet i've learnt you something new there haven't i lol.

So as an example, maybe the person asked the guys feelings for her, because shes feeling doubtful about them as hes not txting her as much etc, she thinks he's going off her.

So the "example" cards that come out, are basically saying its only because he's been working nights recently that hes not contacting her as much, tired gets added on intuitively as obviously he will be tired....simple.

Sharla

Your question is about "feelings" even if used as an example - not what a man is doing? Nor if someone is tired or not? And the question was not: "Why is he not texting me that much right now"?

F E E L I N G S.

What does X feel about Y?

Definition: FEELINGS - "An emotional state or reaction".

So, no you are not answering your example question and are kind of doing it the way Mary Greer puts it so eloquently ABOVE in regards to "intuitive" readings.

I know the card meanings enough to do intuitive and I have never really had misbehaved cards as you put it.

How does he feel? Oh, he works late night shifts so he is exhausted etc.

Are you reading it.

"Oh, he works late night shifts. So, how does he FEEL about X? :bugeyed: "He works night shifts so he is exhausted and tired so is not contacting you so much at the moment". So, again, how does he FEEL about X? :bugeyed:

I am not quite grasping how he feels at all about X still as I do not see the "emotional aspect" to your answer.

Seriously what is there so hard about understanding how im explaining this....

The female sitter asks for this guys feelings as hes hardly been in contact all week.....and when females feel a pull back from a guy, this is usually when they do ask this particular Question anyway. So obviously you've already clarified with the female why she is asking about his feelings, and she's replied about his lack of txts or calls recently....so she now wants to know how he feels for her.

MAN,ANCHOR,MOON

You say to the female sitter that there is nothing to worry about as they guy does still have feelings for you, hes just not been txting you as much as hes been working nights this week.

How hard is that to understand....that at times the cards WILL answer you, BUT in an indirect way.

And anyway this debate is a great point me and you have both made .....as it shows that its what makes each one of us readers unique on here, that we all read and view the cards differently and have our own style of reading. We have our own pictures playing out in our unique minds....so its all down to the reader and what they see in the cards at that point in time, that tells the story. So really there's no right or wrong.

I'm done with this now anyway, and these posts need removing as we've actually de-railed Beyondveils thread.

Nemia

BeyondtheVeil, from my experience I'd say that with a Lenormand deck, the choice of deck is much less important than in tarot.

If you interpret tarot, the picture on the card usually influences your reading, and tarot decks take the cards to different directions. One deck will show a benevolent kind wise Hierophant, another a crusty, rigid old tyrant, and it depends on you which deck speaks to you and which interpretation is closer to the way you see the Hierophant.

A deck might be serene and optimistic, or dark and gloomy, and your readings are probably influenced by that, too. Reading the tarot is more like reading a poem where you work with associations, interpretations, symbols and a whole net of context.

With the Lenormand, it's much more pragmatic. Fox, bouquet and ship have their traditional meanings. They're not like a poem but more like building blocks with words written on them. You put them together, you read them. Yes, there are techniques and intuition, but I also read Mary Greer's article and from my limited experience can agree with her: intuition works best if it's founded on solid information.

So choose a good book and just get going with a cheap, reliable, easy to read deck. Dondorf, Piatnik, Blue Owl, these are the classics. Blue Bird if text doesn't irritate you. Or one of the other decks recommended here.

Actually, you can make your own deck by writing the keywords on pieces of paper and trying out how to read combinations. Or by just writing them on a deck of playing cards if you want the cardface, too. (I always wanted to do that. I made one from blank playing cards but not yet from a deck of cards with card faces.)

I like the Dreaming Way and Fairy Tale Lenormand but I'm not sure I could have learned with them. They bring with them a certain tarot mood - but I like my Lenormand readings solidly grounded on "The System" I learned with.

For Lenormand, the choice of books is IMHO more significant than the choice of deck.

Sorry if that was not very helpful. ;-)