Help me choose my first Lenormand Deck!

BeyondtheVeil

reall.. Chakra deck

ha ha! np! it take me a while to get that and I consider myself tech informed person!x,x lolz :))

yep!^^ Chakra Tarot is in progress https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/home/chakra-t need to upload more img n redesign web page!x,x
here are some img from my deviantart to give you idea on minors;
8of wands http://fav.me/daa6uba
10 of swords http://fav.me/daa6v7z
and blog photo (sorry for bad quality! my cam skill is 0!x,x :) central card for 2 of cups https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rivwkkek...1oxuQUuJKBc6T4KmjFQCLcB/s1600/28122016144.jpg
and 2 of air https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cALnMlTy...psgSqPWIP8zAYVd6swQCLcB/s1600/28122016145.jpg
you may notice I decided to *recycle some designs from my Chakra Lenormand as imo Lenormand and Tarot *share some cards so energy should be same? but not sure how people who use it with Chakra Lenormand would feel about that?x.x lolz
also did some art project recently that significantly improved my coloring skill!XD so it's likely there will be some img tweaking or redesign but basic idea stay same; Clear images and colors that transmit card meaning! and it'll be elemental based so suits are; water(cups), air(swords), fire(wands), earth(coins),,, still thinking about *original mythic for courts like; siren, harpy, fairy, gnomi? xD +need a good Chakra Tarot(reversable)back design,,, and waiting for my new tablet,,, but once it's here it'll be completed soon!XD
so expect to see Chakra Tarot around October?^^ hopefully, I'll be sure to post on forum when completed till then I'm COMPLETELY OPEN TO IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!XD LOLZ:))

p.s sorry for long post!:) pm you something interesting!^^:))

Awesome!! :D I love all the bright colors! I don't have your Chakra lenormand yet, so I can't comment. I will surely follow the link though. October is a great time as I always treat myself and some family members to new Tarot decks. :thumbsup: What a wonderful beautiful deck. You know.. GLITTER always spruces up a deck LOL Just a suggestion even if it is only an added or custom thing. Glitter and color.. that would be stunning! :heart:
Okay.. have you gotten that I like glitter and lots of bright colors? lol

No need to apologize... post away! Heck you should start a new post with those photos to give people a taste of your beautiful deck! Then everyone can get in a frenzy waiting for it to come out. Of course, then you may run the risk of selling out before I get a deck. lol So, maybe keep it quiet! :D LOL Just joking! lol It is looking great! Just remember I want glitter lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

reall

Awesome!! :D I love all the bright colors! I don't have your Chakra lenormand yet, so I can't comment. I will surely follow the link though. October is a great time as I always treat myself and some family members to new Tarot decks. :thumbsup: What a wonderful beautiful deck. You know.. GLITTER always spruces up a deck LOL Just a suggestion even if it is only an added or custom thing. Glitter and color.. that would be stunning! :heart:
Okay.. have you gotten that I like glitter and lots of bright colors? lol

No need to apologize... post away! Heck you should start a new post with those photos to give people a taste of your beautiful deck! Then everyone can get in a frenzy waiting for it to come out. Of course, then you may run the risk of selling out before I get a deck. lol So, maybe keep it quiet! :D LOL Just joking! lol It is looking great! Just remember I want glitter lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

HECK YES!:D one of my fav Fairy Tarot by DV came sparkled with glitters out of box!:))(Unfortunately it won't stay just on cards so that's my main concern when thinking about *sparkling it up by myself!XD lolz

btw when I started these designs I wanted to make it with *golden/gilded edges and iridescent paint and glitters like my fav Carol H https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp6qMgbLrvw but lack confidence in my DIY skill(better let that to pros)!XD lol so maybe holo foil?:) something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mM7LtuTE8c but that would require kickstarter/indiegogo,, :))

so I'll definitely consider offering *Original Super Sparkly Limited Custom Edition at one point!:D
(and post you when there are some proof img out!XD LOLZ :))

will had to study this thread first; http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=234582

p.s there is thread about Chakra Lenormand and Tarot somewhere on this forum, but not that popular, apparently people don't like to comment on *hobby art decks?;// so I decided to play it *mysterious until it's out!XD

Thank you for all support and great ideas I'll keep you up to date!XD lolz

BeyondtheVeil

reall

HECK YES!:D one of my fav Fairy Tarot by DV came sparkled with glitters out of box!:))(Unfortunately it won't stay just on cards so that's my main concern when thinking about *sparkling it up by myself!XD lolz

btw when I started these designs I wanted to make it with *golden/gilded edges and iridescent paint and glitters like my fav Carol H https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp6qMgbLrvw but lack confidence in my DIY skill(better let that to pros)!XD lol so maybe holo foil?:) something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mM7LtuTE8c but that would require kickstarter/indiegogo,, :))

so I'll definitely consider offering *Original Super Sparkly Limited Custom Edition at one point!:D
(and post you when there are some proof img out!XD LOLZ :))

will had to study this thread first; http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=234582

p.s there is thread about Chakra Lenormand and Tarot somewhere on this forum, but not that popular, apparently people don't like to comment on *hobby art decks?;// so I decided to play it *mysterious until it's out!XD

Thank you for all support and great ideas I'll keep you up to date!XD lolz

Yeah.. they say glitter is the std of crafts lol It just goes everywhere! :D lol I think that the iridescent paints & glitter have a top clear coating to keep them from doing that. It does look like a lot of work, but they are gorgeous! I am just not interested in the RW deck, so my Carol deck sits somewhere in a box...somewhere in another box... hmm.. where is that deck? .. Sorry got distracted for a minute lol

I wasn't sure I would like anything except the iridescent paints and extra glitter {they are just so gorgeous and sparkly}, but I do like the second video also. :thumbsup: The person goes way too fast with showing the cards, but love her humour! She seems so fun and it made me really like the deck. I also like that she couldn't say some of the cards as I have that experience also sometimes.lol I like how the light made the foil sparkle!

I am so glad that you like colour and glitter.. or "BAM" or bling as I like to call it. :)
Yes.. please add me to the list of your Original Super Sparkly Limited Custom Edition. :thumbsup: Depending on price.. I may get more than one for the Halloween New Tarot decks that I give.

I will look for your decks and also your threads. It is hard to search AT sometimes, so I try to do a google search then it pulls up AT forums. lol

You are very welcome! I plan on getting the Chakra Lenormand here very soon. {I wouldn't be opposed to blinging that up :D}. I will also get the Chakra Tarot to go with it! If you do decide to do a custom option or just for fun the iridescent paints, glitter, and/or fun paper stuff.. I think it will definitely sell well. I have already decided that your Tarot deck will be the one I give out this year.

Thanks for sharing and liking bling too! lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Nemia

I'm sorry my posting was so irrelevant that you answered everybody else but not me :-((((((

Well well, at least I didn't kill the thread :))))

BeyondtheVeil

Nemia

I'm sorry my posting was so irrelevant that you answered everybody else but not me :-((((((

Well well, at least I didn't kill the thread :))))

I am so sorry love!! I am answering a ton of threads. YES.. YOU ARE VERY RELEVANT! {{BIG HUGS}} I will go answer you right now.

Please forgive me! I promise it was not intentional!! {{HUGS}}}

BIG HUGS!! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

MissChiff

The Piatnik Lenormand was my first and I did well with it.

I did look up that deck, but I couldn't find it for sale. lol I heard that was one of the first beginner decks that people like. Also Blue Owl, but I couldn't find that one either. lol Instead I found the Blue Birds Lenormand, which is probably the Blue Owl one. I think?

Are you still using the Piatnik Lenormand or did you move to another deck?

Thanks for replying! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Village Witch

Ciro M's Gilded Reverie was my first Lenormand deck. I no longer use it, but it was a good learner deck. I'm a sucker for beautiful vibrant pictures.

I personally recommend the Piatnik as a starter deck.

As to Kipper, I am in love with the Mystical Kipper. I did not, however, care for the Mystical Lenormand. I found it a new home.

I am also a sucker for Beautiful vibrant pictures on cards! They just make you smile don't they?

I couldn't find the Piatnik or the Blue Owl deck, so I ended up getting the Blue Birds Lenormand. It has the poems on them. I also got the Under the Roses at the same time as I wasn't sure if the poems would help or confuse me. lol

The Mystical Kipper is gorgeous! I think though if it is different from Lenormand that I should probably wait until I learn lenormand. I will start crossing into each other if I don't. lol I can see me buying that deck in the future though! :)

Thanks for responding! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Genna

My first was Mystical Lenormand. Love it. Very charming, fun, pretty, original cards IMHO. An animal on every card, like in Mystical Kipper. I never was bothered by the deck being "busy", even if some might think so.Good book, but you have to buy it alone, it doesn´t come with the deck, but a LWB does.The book has a chapter that mentions every possible two-card combo and two examples of inerpretation for each. Some are very good. No playing cards mentioned though, so some don´t call it a Lenormand at all.Still my favourite Lenormand when I really think about it, even if I love Celic very much right now. (Those two have my two little knitted pouches wih cat charm.)

It is easy to read with Gilded Reverie Lenormand, and it is beautiful.

Thanks for responding Genna! :heart:

I will have to look up the Mystical Lenormand deck. I don't think I would be bothered by "busy" decks either as if they are beautiful.. it really helps.

I need help with the combinations. Sometimes they look 'easy", but then most don't. I guess because I am just now seeing lenormand decks and trying to read with them.

I was thinking of buying a deck of playing cards and writing the names of the Lenormand on each one to help me practice for both sets. What do you think?

I wish I could knit! I love the knitted/crocheted pouches for tarot so I know I would for lenormand.

Thanks for sharing your lenormand deck experience! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Nemia

BeyondtheVeil, from my experience I'd say that with a Lenormand deck, the choice of deck is much less important than in tarot.

If you interpret tarot, the picture on the card usually influences your reading, and tarot decks take the cards to different directions. One deck will show a benevolent kind wise Hierophant, another a crusty, rigid old tyrant, and it depends on you which deck speaks to you and which interpretation is closer to the way you see the Hierophant.

A deck might be serene and optimistic, or dark and gloomy, and your readings are probably influenced by that, too. Reading the tarot is more like reading a poem where you work with associations, interpretations, symbols and a whole net of context.

With the Lenormand, it's much more pragmatic. Fox, bouquet and ship have their traditional meanings. They're not like a poem but more like building blocks with words written on them. You put them together, you read them. Yes, there are techniques and intuition, but I also read Mary Greer's article and from my limited experience can agree with her: intuition works best if it's founded on solid information.

So choose a good book and just get going with a cheap, reliable, easy to read deck. Dondorf, Piatnik, Blue Owl, these are the classics. Blue Bird if text doesn't irritate you. Or one of the other decks recommended here.

Actually, you can make your own deck by writing the keywords on pieces of paper and trying out how to read combinations. Or by just writing them on a deck of playing cards if you want the cardface, too. (I always wanted to do that. I made one from blank playing cards but not yet from a deck of cards with card faces.)

I like the Dreaming Way and Fairy Tale Lenormand but I'm not sure I could have learned with them. They bring with them a certain tarot mood - but I like my Lenormand readings solidly grounded on "The System" I learned with.

For Lenormand, the choice of books is IMHO more significant than the choice of deck.

Sorry if that was not very helpful. ;-)

I am so sorry for the delay in responding! {{HUGS}}

I think your post was very helpful. I now have a lenormand decks to look at and understand what people were saying to me before. I ended up purchasing the Blue Birds Lenormand and Under the Roses Lenormand because I couldn't find the Blue Owls or the Pianik one. The Blue Birds does have the poems on them. They do help some. I wasn't sure if they would help or bother me, so I also bought the Under the Roses to make sure I had a plain beginner deck and one with the poems.

What books do you recommend with learning the lenormand? Which ones help you be more accurate? So far, I just have the lwb and some websites I look up. AT is very helpful as I posted my first reading. I am not sure how well I did..but I wanted to give it a whirl! lol

How long have you been doing lenormand? I am thinking of also buying playing cards and then writing the lenormand meanings on those. I thought that would help me easily read each ...playing cards and lenormand. I thought if I learned them both together than it would be much easier from the start. I definitely need the card faces or I will only confuse myself. lol

Do you also read playing cards?

Sorry for some many questions and for the late response! {{HUGS}}}

Thank you so much for taking the time out to respond and help me! I truly appreciate it! :heart:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Nemia

;-))))

Books - Andy B. is great, so are Caitlin Matthews and Rana George. But my nr. 1 is Andy B. His book suited my understanding of the cards so far.

Blue Bird is lovely, I wish they'd make an edition without the "pomes".

I started with Lenormand some 12 years ago but took a long break. That was before the current boom. Then, Lenormand was virtually unknown in the English speaking world and my first book was in German (Anne Biwer - good card meanings, pretty meager on the rest).

In every bookstore in Germany, you can buy Lenormand cards (especially Blue Owl and Piatnik) very cheaply. Kipper as well, they're popular.

I did start with playing cards (German playing cards, Skat cards, mainly) but didn't get off the ground. Too many other things to do...