Fairy Lights: Four of Swords

Hemera

This is traditionally (in RWS) the card of quiet preparation, rest, contemplation, retreat and waiting. But in this card there is more than that. Something is going on. The person (is that a child?) seems to be doing a private ceremony and concentrating on the task at hand. S/he is looking at those small lights in front of him and maybe taking the drops from the left hand (where s/he seems to be holding something). I wonder if he is aware of that strong beam of white light that shines behind him? Or maybe he knows? Maybe the light is shining down on some treasure and the small light drops that he is handling originate from the big light?

I was actually reminded by one of Terry Pratchett´s books (I think it was "Carpe Jugulum") where there was a Phoenix -among other creatures.. That bright cold light looks almost like the nest of a Phoenix!

Attachments

• Four of Swords.jpg
    Four of Swords.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 105

Briar Rose

There is also a couple of orbs (together) on the right side of the card, next to the beam of light. Perhaps sending sould on their journey?

Tradionally, 4's meanings id stability and security. Hard too work at this point.

the 4 of Swords is a time to be alone. Period of Isolation.
So then, in Fairy Lights, the 4 of Swords means these souls are needing time out in isolation to comtemplate life , and the guide will always be there for you (beam of light) for guidence??