FAVORITE of the POCKET DECKS that are out

Elkins

The Morgan Greer Inna Tin lives in my day bag so it can go everywhere with me. I love it. The art style is perfectly suited to the smaller size: no detail is lost, and the lush colors look great.

The premium "Von Waite" pocket deck runs a close second, though. I love the cardstock, which is flexible yet sturdy, just like a proper deck of playing cards, and which I can therefore riffle and cascade and deal out with hard crisp flip flip flip noises, and then sweep messily all together and shuffle again and so forth -- just as I would a plain old poker deck. I know some people don't like tarot cards to feel that much like playing cards, but I find the tactile pleasures of messing about with playing cards deeply satisfying on a really gut visceral level, and so tarot cards that can do all the same tricks rock my world.

Luna's Crone

I don't believe I own any tarot decks in "pocket" size because . . . well, I don't carry decks in my pocketses. :) I do have Pixie's Astounding Lenormand in a tin but that doesn't count. If pocket tarot decks are similarly sized, though, I'm not sure I'd like them, and don't really have a reason to own one. So I guess I'm just cheering from the sidelines here.

i got a pocket POW but i thought it was regular size. it is "poker" size but i have to check to see if it fits in a tin. never thought of that, which is funny cuz i have rosetta in a tin. anyway, my pokers cards are bigger than that deck so i was kinda bummed. but hey, go with the flo.