Lumina Tarot

illyria

After much waffling, I finally funnelled my funds into the purchase of this deck instead of the second edition of The Wild Unknown. It would be great to see how the Lumina reads alongside the Alchemist's Oracle.

Winterchild

Not sure what I think from the cards I have seen, some of the people ones look a bit odd to me, but wow, some are soooo like The Wild Unknown... even the website feels similar... are they connected in some way I wonder? I love the Alchemists Oracle amd mainly got it as a WU companion deck...

Scarlet Woodland

Received mine today and have just looked through all the cards. It's a stunning, stunning deck and the cardstock is gorgeous. Will post more detailed thoughts when I've really worked with it but I just wanted to say something for any peeps considering it.

I'm not knocking the artist here; as I said it's beautiful and I think there's room within tarot for images of people of every size... but... if you're struggling with, or recovering from an eating disorder just think carefully before clicking buy. Everyone in this deck is super, model-slim, but beyond that I actually find the queen of pentacles quite upsetting.

As someone who had some struggles in this area (albeit nearly 2 decades ago) I have my own hypersensitivities, so anyone with a healthy past in this regard please do ignore my wiffling :) I just wanted to give a little heads up to anyone who might be sensitive.

Nemia

That was my impression too. I prefer a bit more variation in my archetypes :-D and I find it odd that so much thought and love and amazing talent were invested in a deck... but for the depictions of persons, the youthful, pouty, extremely slim model type seems to have been the default choice (haven't seen all the cards of course but on the artist's instagram there are some more). A contradiction somehow.

I'm still on the fence (don't have money anyway right now). The artist is very gifted and it's a beautiful deck. I love her treatment of water colours and the way she paints crystals.

Winterchild

I agree with AJ in that the figures remind me a bit of the Cosmic, (the Fountain tarot also reminds me a bit of the Cosmic...).... I keep looking, but I cant get away from how close the style is to the Wild Unknown and this put me off... I love the Alchemist Oracle, which is also very WUey but the Tarot seems even closer... The deck just doesn't quite gel with me although some cards are gorgeous, I see an issue with a flow between the cards...

A question...for those of you who hve the deck, are all the Courts two headed? I mean reflected like the Queen shown on there website?

aquestionmark

My deck came in the mail today and I also own the 1st edition wild unknown... Let me say, to me, this deck blows the wild unknown out of the water and except for the use of watercolors, does not remind me of the wild unknown at all. The colors are vibrant and dense.

Yes, the deck is full of white, skinny, "beautiful" patrons and could use some diversity but I like to think of the patrons as from another world and somehow this works for me! I think this may be partly because this deck lets my jump into a "reality" that I usually try to steer clear of in my own life. The pressure to conform, wear makeup, be skinny, to present and pretend... the list goes on.

In my head I like to think of them meeting up with the patrons from my Gaian tarot deck and I just have so much fun.. because both of these decks represent their own niche of people from different "bubble" worlds and it is okay to visit and play..

illyria

My deck came in the mail today and I also own the 1st edition wild unknown... Let me say, to me, this deck blows the wild unknown out of the water and except for the use of watercolors, does not remind me of the wild unknown at all.

Thank you for this insight, aquestionmark. I noted the similarities between this deck and TWU, but I'm so glad it has a different vision and voice for you. Mine's arriving next week.

katey

I cant get away from how close the style is to the Wild Unknown and this put me off... I love the Alchemist Oracle, which is also very WUey but the Tarot seems even closer...

I was uncertain about getting this deck, but because it's Australian and I loved the oracle and I decided to give it a go. The pip cards are absolutely perfect for me. I do struggle with the lack of diversity in the cards, but we've already spoken a bit about that. What I wanted to say in response to you was that I actually think the tarot deck is even less like the Wild Unknown than the oracle deck was. Being so many people are featured in the deck obviously sets it apart from the Wild Unknown, but the art is just so different. It also feels a lot lighter (in terms of colour and in weight, if that makes sense)?

I was unsure how I'd go reading with it, but I had a wonderful time with it last night so I'm looking forward to seeing how my relationship with this deck progresses.

Winterchild

I was uncertain about getting this deck, but because it's Australian and I loved the oracle and I decided to give it a go. The pip cards are absolutely perfect for me. I do struggle with the lack of diversity in the cards, but we've already spoken a bit about that. What I wanted to say in response to you was that I actually think the tarot deck is even less like the Wild Unknown than the oracle deck was. Being so many people are featured in the deck obviously sets it apart from the Wild Unknown, but the art is just so different. It also feels a lot lighter (in terms of colour and in weight, if that makes sense)?

I was unsure how I'd go reading with it, but I had a wonderful time with it last night so I'm looking forward to seeing how my relationship with this deck progresses.

Thank you Katey... and also aquestionmark... (I think lol!)... you enabled me!! I graduated with my art degree yesterday and this is my gift to myself for three years of hard work... It will be treasured as such, and will make a fine companion for my Alchemsit oracle which I am hopefully getting for Christmas :)

katey

Thank you Katey... and also aquestionmark... (I think lol!)... you enabled me!! I graduated with my art degree yesterday and this is my gift to myself for three years of hard work... It will be treasured as such, and will make a fine companion for my Alchemsit oracle which I am hopefully getting for Christmas :)

Oh, congratulations! I hope you like it, and I'd love to hear what your thoughts are when it arrives :)