Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt

CharlotteK

There's a new German version announced, for a reasonable price - it's on pre-order right now, but I think even for non-German speakers, that's a good option.

Just write Märchen-Tarot in Book Depository.

The best German-English translation site, if you don't get along with a title (which is not very likely since the languages are closely related), is LEO.

Oh, and I'm always ready to help :) I'll be buying that version myself.

ETA for alternatives: maybe the Inner Child cards that show fairy tales but the art is IMO much less appealing than Lisa Hunt's. Or another Lisa Hunt deck.
Oh my. That's a very reasonable price. Especially as I already have the app with the full text from the book in English. And a German Von Waite to help with titles... 🙄

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Padma

Just curious, Padma. How does tarot app version work? It seems very remote to me. Thanks

Actually, for whatever reason, the apps work very well! I have several, and I quite enjoy using them. You can shuffle and cut the deck using touch screen, and flip them over, too. There are several spreads included in the app, so you can use them when you do a reading. The card faces fill the screen when you look at them, and one touch of the card flips it over to give you an explanation on the back of the card.

The app includes a journal, so that you can type your readings down. It has a settings menu, so that you can choose the backdrop cloth to your reading, as well as turn off or turn on the voice that names the cards when you draw them. It also has a gallery containing all of the cards, and the full text from the book. It features a "card of the day" that changes daily.

The apps are great to use when you can't get an out of publication deck, or when you are on the go or are somewhere where you cannot use a physical deck, or if you want to try out a deck to see if you resonate with it before purchasing the paper deck. And they only cost about $5. :)

PS when a website says "multimedia" it means that it includes the deck and the book.

Carojulie

Hello !

Last year I bought from Amazon.fr what I think was the very last available copy of the french version of this deck. I am french, so it was ideal - even better than the original english copy as far as I am concerned.

I waited one week, two weeks, three weeks, nothing arrived in the post, I complained with Amazon.fr customer service, they said the package was lost in transit. Never heard of this package again.
Since they could not resend it because I had bought the last one, they offered to refund me.

I searched other webstores for a copy, either in french or in english (the two only languages I can read) but no luck. I cryed my eyes out, and nearly accused the french postman of stealing my deck. Because I cannot read the book in another language, and this deck looses much of its interest without book to relate tale to card, I was not interested in other languages options at first. Despair !

Then I heard that the app gave access to the text of the book in english ! Hurra, I was saved.
So, I bought the spanish version from Amazon and uploaded the Fool's dog app.

This is the best option, I guess.
You can get the deck in spanish pretty easily, its from 15 to 22 euros on Amazon.fr and about 30 euros on Amazon.com and Book Dept, so you can calculate wich option is best with shipping costs for you ; Or you can preorder the german version.

It's a cool deck, and I discovered many new fairy tales. I hope you'll enjoy it.
:)

Noob

ARGH.. i just bought El Tarot de los Cuentos de Hadas when i am supposed to be on an austerity drive.

you guys are a bad influence :p

Le Fanu

Last year I bought from Amazon.fr what I think was the very last available copy of the french version of this deck.
When I realised it was rare, I bought a copy of this deck in French so as not to use my English version - or rather, to be able to use and carry around a copy without worrying about is rarity. I too bought it from French amazon, figuring that of all the languages available - German, French, Spanish - French was nearer familiar " tarot language" for me as I learnt with the 1Jj Swiss, even though I actually understand Spanish better, in general.

I love my French edition. I've grown so used to it, I don't notice the titles anymore.

Carojulie

When I realised it was rare, I bought a copy of this deck in French so as not to use my English version - or rather, to be able to use and carry around a copy without worrying about is rarity. I too bought it from French amazon, figuring that of all the languages available - German, French, Spanish - French was nearer familiar " tarot language" for me as I learnt with the 1Jj Swiss, even though I actually understand Spanish better, in general.

I love my French edition. I've grown so used to it, I don't notice the titles anymore.

Lucky you !

And now it seems like the french edition is as rare as is the english :)

As for the titles, the spanish titles on my spanish edition actually help me remember some of the vocabulary I learnt when studying spanish in middle school. I felt like most of the spanish I learnt had evaporated, so if this deck can help putting a little spanish back in my head, that will be cool !

Carojulie

ARGH.. i just bought El Tarot de los Cuentos de Hadas when i am supposed to be on an austerity drive.

you guys are a bad influence :p

Ah, but you started the thread, lol ! :)

I like to read fairytales with several layers of interpretations, and I believe they offer a treasure of symbolism that marries well with tarot.... I like the Lisa Hunt deck for that, and also the Fairytale tarot from MRP.
I hope you will enjoy your spanish version as much as I do !

Noob

Hehehe.. i guess i needed just a little persuasion.

I am not going to check out the MRP's

I am a complete noob to cartomancy and i have already bought the following over the weekend:
Faery Oracle
Thousand and One Nights
I Gatti (a week ago)
and now this Fairy Tale Oracle

OMIGOD.. and i still haven't mastered my Bohemian Cats yet.

Ah, but you started the thread, lol ! :)

I like to read fairytales with several layers of interpretations, and I believe they offer a treasure of symbolism that marries well with tarot.... I like the Lisa Hunt deck for that, and also the Fairytale tarot from MRP.
I hope you will enjoy your spanish version as much as I do !

Michellehihi

Thanks nemia

I know slightly more Spanish than I know German which is zero.. hurhurhur

Did you see the Spanish version in book depository.

It only says multi-media. It's not clear to me if there's a deck and deck guide included.

Please excuse my cluelessness. Thanks :)

I bought the Spanish version on Book Depository and it has the book and deck. And I enjoy it immensely!