AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

Tk2dsky

I'd like the hermit.
Ericka

chrisam-crystals

i've just been thinking, are we supposed to still include the name and number on each card?

if so, is there any preference as to it being at the top or bottom?

roman numerals or normal?

also are we to keep to the name of each card as posted on the first page, rather than say naming the empress "the mother"?

same goes for the court cards too......hmmmm.

also i have just put a thread on my craft forum about the project and have asked for volunteers to make up the numbers, so hopefully it will start getting full on the list.....we need to pick one of colly's suggestions methinks.

i'm for sending out the original and 78 copies straight away, and then a full deck gets sent back while the original goes on its travels! :D

jue xx

jue xx

blackroseivy

UH-OH!!!!!

MAJOR design flaw!!!!!!! :(

I forgot ALL ABOUT the numerating & naming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now HOW did I manage that?!

Ok, DS, I will have to re-send my card when it's REALLY finished!!

:|

Can't imagine how THAT happened!!!

chrisam-crystals

oh no! :(

it was something that hasn't occured to me until i was just walking down the stairs and forming some images in my head......and then the title and numbers popped up and i thought, "oooooo we haven't agreed on those yet!" lol

jue xx

Colly34

Is anyone doing digital?
I've got some already made digital cards that I could use, I made them a while ago and the're just begging for a deck to join!
Although I love the "feel" of a collaged card, the texture of a few layers of paper and the weight makes you want to use them.

Although I did some part digital and part collage for a private swap back in Aug.the main image being digital and I slightly embellished it to give it texture.

Colly34

Don't want to worry anyone but dare I mention ........corners?? or not.

chrisam-crystals

good point colly.

so now we need to sort out the following.....after 11 or so pages! lol

just original or original and 78 copies?

numbers and card name to be on or not?

corners or rounded?

i reckon that rebecca needs to put this info on the first page so that it is not lost within the thread. :)

jue xx

Colly34

I don't want to complicate matters more but...if this deck is going to be in an exhibition are we to send rebecca artist bios, website/blog addresses, or any other contact address, emails etc?
Any other details about our card, why we used the imagery we did etc.

I don't make cards to sell but others do and might like the opportunity to advertise this.

I always find these details interesting when I visit exhibitions, I love the insight you get into another artists way of thinking.

gorgeousbutterfly

Can i do the queen of wands? i'm very very intrested in doing this. if there is any other cards left and someone toook the place of queen of wands let me know i will love to do something else. thanxs!! YAY!

rebecca-smiles

Colly34 said:
option2: We make one original card and 78 copies, send the original and copies to you. You use the original in the exhibition and after collate the decks together and send each participant a deck plus their original card.

Thanks for clarifying the options Colly! i think we should go with this one, since people want a deck for themselves, but we may have problems getting people to sign up if people have more than one deck per person, or doing so many copies. Thank you crysam crystals for your patience! and your help posting to others.

If you want your deck back straight after collation, this could be arranged also, but i would need separate return postage for your originas.

CORNERS!!! d**n you! if people want corners then lets all do corners.
i'm not sure how we would do this ourselves, presumably if people want a set rule on this it is for consistency? so do we just go ahead or find a way of doing this uniform?

Name and number: if you don't want the name and number on the front then make sure you add it to the back somewhere (Oh, and you can decorate the back too if you like). you must also find room for your signature and date on the back. I don't think it necessarily has to go on the front unless you want it too.

Uniformity in a traditional deck may be a requirement, but is not always a plus in ATC-ing. If we do everything equal (card stock, numbering, backs) it may actually detract from the deck, although cornering so that they share the same outline is a good idea.

I will put the bit about the corners in the first post when we have decided how to do it. is there some sort of standard meaure we can use? i know Draagon Storm will corner hers, but i have no device like hers to do full decks with!

Sorry for all the confusion, but i had intentionally left these thing open for us to discuss together, rather than dictating the way. really the co-ordinator is just who you send to, and the project is yours to play with. maybe if there is a next time i shall simply set it, since you are all very accomodating with your preferences. And thank you for so much enthusiasm!

Ericka and goreousbutterfly, you have your cards!