AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

c-urchin

I have finished my Temperance card.....I shall upload it to my DA account once the scanner is back in use. Has anyone else finished any of their cards, and can we see them?

Lisa

blackroseivy

I have yet to start mine - mainly because I am in a quandry as to what to use as a base. How to start?? Well, I've settled upon, I believe, those "blank Tarot cards", cut to size. Don't much like the backs, & they won't be balanced design-wise because of being trimmed; but, this is the best I can do, as I want to do oils, & I was going to use Masonite, but it seems to me that perhaps something lighter-weight would do better; & my "canvasette" is textured, which is out as I plan on using gold & silver leafs on my images. ;)

I already started to paint for my own deck in this medium on one of these cards; it seems quite perfect - oils don't cause much warping, & the laminate is really quite good as a surface since it is like the ULTIMATE gessoed surface, flawless & completely smooth, to be taking my leafs. & the 1st coat I did as a sketch onto the card is quite fast & permanent, not chipping or anything; so, I've pretty much settled upon this as my surface.

I'll come back when I have a start on it! :D

blackroseivy

I guess I will put mine into my Photobucket album, since it seems to be by tacit consent, not to upload them here - yes?

rebecca-smiles

I finished two of the three cards, i might post images of them later on today if you like. Collaging is a lot harder than i thought! it has taken more time than to draw them.

c-urchin

I don't know if this link will work....http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42478568/

It should get you through to my Temperance card on Deviant Art. If you have any objections to nudity, then please do not look at the rest of my gallery. I think it's pretty mild, but I do not wish to offend anyone who may be more sensitive!

Lisa

firecatpickles

That is a beautiful Temperance!

Arania

Are there still any free cards? I hadn't time to check the forum lately and I think I might be too late.

rebecca-smiles

Ariana, there are plenty of cards to chose from; just look at the first post, any card free you can request, or more than one if you like.

c-urchin

Thank you Kilts_Knave, glad it worked this time! :)

blackroseivy

I'll take pix of mine as WIP's so that everyone can watch them progress! :D