Dame Fortune's Wheel - Devil

BrightEye

The keyword is Power, but this Devil doesn't look very powerful to me. He looks rather demure, if not timid, and that huge hand of his seems to be warding something off. Any thoughts?

Rose Lalonde

I know it's been a long time since you posted this, but I thought I'd add a link to this post by Paul Huson on the DFW thread where he mentions where the image came from and why he chose it.

I'm with you; I don't think he looks powerful. I still like the image, though. First, because I like the history behind it, but also because I tend to read the Devil card in terms of destructive impulses within ourselves, and this Devil actually elicits compassion from me. He looks misshapen and like he has no idea what to make of himself. The Frankenstein monster comes to mind.

I'm sure the original purpose of the Devil in a morality play (mentioned in the link above) was to hate an outside force, but since I read the card as an internal force, I could stand to have a little compassion for my destructive impulses, or someone else's, because that way of coping seems to do a better job of helping me not act on those impulses than being self critical does.

Queen of Disks

His face looks weird, almost Cubist. He almost looks like he was put together from different materials, with his horns and angel wings and bird (chicken?) feet and a random face on his crotch. Also his pitchfork and the trees make him look like a farmer or a Green Man.

ana luisa

LOVE this card! It calls for animalistic desires (feet, wings horn) and states that this guy thinks with his crotch ! (hence, the head was put there). The fact that he looks like a crappy collage shows he is not WHOLE, he lives for the diferent moments, whims and plesures but does not have a consistency, a plan, a solid construction. A bit all over the place.