please join us in the new deck "Tarot of Innocence"

Jewel

shadowdancer said:
When you see the coloured versions, I really hope they continue to resonate even more for you.
No doubt! I had picked up quite a bit on the Chariot, but when I saw the colored version a whole new world opened up to me. I am really looking forward to seeing these images in color.

Another point I can see about the 2 of Wands is that of being overwhelmed, while others seem to just get it! That adds to one's sense of insecurity, and sometimes no matter how many books you read you will just not get it like they do. We all have different things we are good at, and in starting a new journey we all start out knowing nothing at some point. There is comfort in that (the little animal sleeping by the teacher).
shadowdancer said:
The 8 is just beautiful. THis will knock your socks off when coloured, as it will also have a sun. (setting or rising - for you to decide)
I vote for setting sun. That can be associated with being on a journey, or also looking at the reverse meaning of the card that of when we panic or feel like things are flying at us as we are trying to wind down the day. Just my two pearls worth. Plus I think the setting sun would make for beautiful color on the uderside of the birds, and well #8 is close to the end of the suit.
shadowdancer said:
Well, there you have it. 3 of the wands. :) We will not look to show more than 3 from any of the pips.
~pouts~ but I was having so much fun!!!!!!!!

Now about that possibly not getting the full story unless the deck is published ... that was mean. You tease! *LOL*

shadowdancer

well, we are going to make sure there is space in the book for note taking. This will not just be for the workbook section, but will be there throughout. So, if others do find they are inspired with ideas as you have, they can get their thoughts out immediately.
I think you might need another empty notebook with it Jewel...lol. Your understanding is opening up so many possibilities already for you. :D :D

canid

The 8 of Wands made me think of the movie, Fly Away Home. I LOVE what you've done so far - I'll buy it! Sorta reminds me of Granny Jones...

Jewel

shadowdancer said:
I think you might need another empty notebook with it Jewel...lol.
Yeah well I was already planning on getting a notebook for it. There is no way I would write in the actual book anyway. Highlight yes, scribble in it no. I am all for the exercises! (need me to test any for you??????), I am a tarot exercise junky *LOL*

Ravenswing

7 of wands...

hi guys--

Jewel... I was really certain, but you had me check it. Yes, I re-counted and there are 6, not seven wolves. The animal at top left is a doe (you'll see the fawn she's protecting at all costs when it's colored). Usually the seven has one guy brandishing a wand with 6 wands poking up at him. My take is one guy huddling with his wand, ready to use it if he has to and six potential threats that are stopping his forward motion. Pretty much the same, but I like to see what I'm up against.

And Jewel-- you're seeing things in the few that have gone up that I didn't know were there.. :)

Since Davina picked three from the suit of wands, she said I have to pick out the next three. I'll put them up in a bit--they'll be from the suit of Swords. The Swords tell the tale of the spiritual development of a pixie. He's the pixie that's in the front row in the Magician...

fly well
raven

faunabay

I"m just loving this deck!!! First of all I'm such a fairy person there's that angle. Then I absolutely love decks that have more going on in the cards where you have different things jump out at you each time you look at the cards. :heart: And this one seems to be perfect for that.

The Magician shows that so well. My first impression after looking at it is.......what's he doing with that poor rabbit? Has he just made it appear? Or is he trying to make is disappear? Does he have that much control over a living being??? eek! :bugeyed:

And the 7 of Wands!!! :heart: Love the imagery! Again you could relate to so many different beings in the card each time it appears in a reading. Are you the fae boy waiting in the background for things to calm down before moving forward? Are you the bunny hiding in the foreground hoping no one sees you? Or maybe some times you're one of the wolves involved in the fighting.

Such a wonderful deck!!!!! I can't wait to see the finished product! And I'm very curious about the workbook you're putting together with this too!

Jewel

Ravenswing said:
Jewel... I was really certain, but you had me check it. Yes, I re-counted and there are 6, not seven wolves.
~chuckles~ I think I accidentally counted the poor bunny rabbit *LOL*. I told you I need color! *ROFLMAO*
Ravenswing said:
And Jewel-- you're seeing things in the few that have gone up that I didn't know were there.. :)
Are you drawing blind folded???? *LOL*. Well then again I did see 7 wolves so it might just be me *LOL*.

I am just really enjoying the deck, thank you guys so much for sharing it with us. Like Fauanabay ~waves at her sis~ I love faeries, and based on our experience with faeries we tend to see things from a fae point of view sometimes, which is not always the obvious human way of looking at things (we have been conditioned by decks such as the Froud Faeries Oracle, Fey, and now the Dragonfae). It kind of gives one a different perspective on things one sees sometimes. Hard to explain.

I look forward to seeing the Swords Raven!

Davinia, I was just contemplating the Emperor card, could you please tell me a little more about what is going on there. From your previous post I gather that he is all seeing and inflappable, but he seems very internally focused to me in a way.

I see him sitting on a rock, manipulating one Dragon with his power, the other dragon at his side, and a very large dragon face in the background. Definetly the sense of fire with all those dragons around, and a sense of power (the way he manipulates the one dragon or holds him at bay with his hand), but I am having a little trouble getting to the deeper meanings of this card. I guess I have always associated the Emperor as a leader yet at the same time father figure. I guess it is the "father of us all" feeling I am not getting, "big brother watching you" feeling yes, but not the more benevolent aspects of him or his softer side. Could be that those are simply not aspects purposefully included in the design which is fine, I just wanted to know a little more about your thoughts on him.

ETA - I have not commented on the Wheel yet, but as Raven said he might be posting that one in color in the near future I am going to wait for the colored version. I love the drawing and feel it really has a ton of layers.

shadowdancer

Hi Jewel

So... the eyes are drawing you in and with a feeling of "watching you". I see it more as "watching over you" but that is the idea of this deck - we will all see something different, and may even see things differently ourselves at different times.

This is as it is typed for his section of the book: (still to be added to as necessary..... Steve is also writing up notes from the viewpoint as an artist and creator)

CARD ‘4’ THE EMPEROR

Creator’s interpretation:
This person has a strong masculine presence about them. They are able to take control of situations, keeping a calm head when others around them may be losing theirs. He is not a man of many words, but those he does utter have depth and meaning to them. He exudes the aura of quiet confidence and inner strength. There is an air of self-discipline about him, and he will not suffer fools gladly. This person is the perfect consort to Empress. Whilst she embraces all with her warm, loving energy, the Emperor is slightly more aloof and distant. He is supportive of all he sees as being dear to him, but will not necessarily show this in an overtly emotional manner. If an issue arises, he will immediately focus in on it, taking whatever steps are required to recreate the harmony around him and his family. He is both their protector and provider.

Image visualised by the creator:
He is sitting on a rock, (not a throne, as depicted in most tarot cards), with his arms loosely hanging by his side. On either side of him are two fair sized dragons. One is at ease, the other is being calmed with a firm but gentle hand gesture. Although strong willed animals, they are totally submissive to the Emperor, recognising the fact that he is more than their match should the need arise. However, there is a mutual respect between the parties. To one side, and forming part of a backdrop is a forest, made up of tall, straight fir trees. These signify also, the idea of aloofness and support. They have been growing for hundreds of years, signifying the amount of time the Emperor has been overseeing his realm. He has a band around his head, the central stone activating his all-seeing brow chakra. With this he was able to see the movement of the dragon whilst maintaining his focus on YOU. He knows he is in charge, but does not need to have material possessions to signify this.
His wings are made up of the tail feathers of a male peacock, the green and blue colours rivalling those of the sky and trees behind him. He looks muscular and fit, but not overly so. He knows he has inert strength, and does not intend using it unless it is necessary. He is unsmiling, but does not appear to be stern. He is serene and at ease with all of his surroundings.
The eyes above are coloured in line with the colours we see on the peacock feathers. Are they watching you, watching out for you, or watching over you?

Hope this helps :)

Davina

shadowdancer

just a little addition here:

Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. It was a little nerve wracking for me when we decided to go public here - you never know how it is to be received. Each comment seems to be incredibly supportive of the process as a whole, and I am delighted to see that the images to date have opened up creative thinking and discussion. I never wanted to create a card or deck that was rigid in how it should be viewed. Nor did I want to create a deck that was awesome with regards artwork, yet would end up as only as an objective of admiration. Yes, I wanted to follow the RWS as the familiarity of that system is a good starting point, and one which we can all use as a solid base in which to work from.

Like many members here, I have quite a collection of decks, many of which sit in a box, never really seeing the light of day. Why? They are great decks, have a lot going for them, particularly on an artistic level but they don't have enough depth for me to use them regularly for readings. When creating this deck I wanted to produce a deck that had the potential to be a solid workhorse of a deck, applicable for any reading, topic, situation etc and also really tap into many aspects of human nature. Personally I believe Steve and myself are creating such a deck.

The comments are enlightening, and more importantly, they seem to confirm we are on the right track. :) :) We will be looking into publishing issues in due course when we have more coloured images to call on. Our aim is to find an avenue to make it available, so wish us luck on that front! However the comments here really do give me heart that this deck could potentially be a worthwhile READING/WORKING deck, which was my aim when I first put pen to paper in 2004.

A huge thank you again

Davina

Jewel

Davina, thank you very much for the added information on the Emperor, it does help me. Perhaps once the card is colored I will get more of a sense of family connection from him. I guess right now I am seeing him more as a dragon tamer and not as a family man in any way. Don't get me wrong, I like him I just see more of the harder independent side of him that needs no one. A workaholic type that one pictures as too absorbed by his work to even think or have time for family. So I guess I see more of his reversed meaning of the card to me.
shadowdancer said:
Our aim is to find an avenue to make it available, so wish us luck on that front! However the comments here really do give me heart that this deck could potentially be a worthwhile READING/WORKING deck, which was my aim when I first put pen to paper in 2004.
~rolls eyes playfully~ POTENTIALLY?????? this deck has much more than potential for being a reading working deck in my personal opinion, and I am not one that reads with any deck I get my hands on. I have a very hard time finding decks I can read with well. This to me would be such a deck, so I am really hoping this deck gets published. I think you and Raven are more than accomplishing your goal. I will make sure and ask to faeries to help you find a publisher! :D