Crystal Study Group: Alexandrite

Padma

As Alexandrite is my birthstone,I will be working closely with it for the next few weeks, on and off :) Alexandrite is the birthstone for Geminis. It is associated with the throat chakra primarily, but also secondarily with the crown, heart and solar plexus chakras.

Alexandrite is said to be "the stone of manifestation" and as there are many things I must begin manifesting, I believe I now need to work with it. It is said to bring very good luck, and to enhance the intuition. Alexandrite is personal to the owner, it is said, and therefore you are meant to bless it in the noonday sun and say, "Be for me both power and protection". As a daylight stone, it is at its height of power when the sun shines on it.

I will be wearing 2 rings made of it, one a dark wine/grape stone, and one an amythest/blue stone, as well as a raspberry/grape pendant of it.

Alexandrite is a colour change stone, and it will show differently under different kinds of light. Sunlight will make it one colour, and indoor light another; and fluorescent light tends to make it go either grape or blue, depending which tone your stone normally is under daylight. Hence its attribution to Gemini, a sign of duality. Since the natural stone turns from green to red under candlelight, it is said that it is also associated to Mars and therefore Scorpio.

Most Alexandrite is man-made in a labratory, as supplies are exceedingly limited, and the natural Alexandrite (said to be "Emeralds by day, and rubies by night" (I think I have that right!) is massively expensive and difficult to find. A vintage ring from the turn of the century with a substantial stone in it can set you back over $3,000. (Needless to say, mine is labratory created with the original DNA of the stone - but as I still feel power in it, I believe in its ability to resonate as a natural one might). It was discovered in Russia during the rule of Alexander, the Tsar, in 1830 and is therefore named after him.

You can read more about the stone here: http://www.alexandrite.net/chapters/chapter8/index.html

Padma

I have taken two pics of the Alexandrite I have, one by daylight, the other by indoor light at night, so you can see how different the colours are :)

My intuition felt quite strong today, I even knew who was emailing me every time my blackberry beeped at me - including an email from someone long forgotten, with news in it that I knew was in there, even before I opened the email ;) so that was cool! I also knew that a Tarot deck I had ordered had arrived at the post office - and I knew which one out of three that it was, too. I had ordered them all on the same day. I knew when people were about to knock on my front door, even though I hadn't seen them come up the driveway to the door.

The Alexandrite rings have been making my fingers tingle all day, and I still have the odd sensation at the base of my throat, feeling as though I want to say something or am trying to talk, even when I am not. I had that sensation with the Kyanite and the Labradorite as well, and they are also associated primarily with the throat chakra, as is Alexandrite...

Here are the pics of my crystals (oh, and the pendant actually shows raspberry red under store lights etc):

Attachments

• Alexandrite in the sunlight.jpg
    Alexandrite in the sunlight.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Alexandrite by night.jpg
    Alexandrite by night.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 238

Padma

So I used the Alexandrite in meditation last night, and had an awesome experience - I had the lovliest visions, at first it was my hands that I saw - and then I realised that what I was seeing was hands reaching downwards to me, and me reaching up to the hands :) I felt very connected to the Universe! Then all this sunlight was there, I was literally taking a shower in sun, it was pouring off me like water! It was an awesome feeling - soothing and re-energising at the same time.

As Alexandrite is linked to the sun, and its power is strongest in the sunlight, it made sense - that actually made me laugh while I was meditating! And I did the ritual blessing suggested yesterday, bringing my Alexandrite into the noon day sun, and asking it to protect and strengthen me :) seems it wants to do so, bathing me in sunrays!

And the images moved at a rate I could keep up with, which was nice - not like the speed feeling of Labradorite, where the images moved far too fast for me to see them, probably because I am not used to using Lab that way.

I am having a garage sale today, so I have placed my intention to succeed in my stones :)
This morning I drew the Chariot, (haha! Chariot = vehicles = garages ;p) and it was followed by the World, so I think I will be pleased by the results :D

More later!

DownwardSpiral

So I used the Alexandrite in meditation last night, and had an awesome experience - I had the lovliest visions, at first it was my hands that I saw - and then I realised that what I was seeing was hands reaching downwards to me, and me reaching up to the hands :) I felt very connected to the Universe! Then all this sunlight was there, I was literally taking a shower in sun, it was pouring off me like water! It was an awesome feeling - soothing and re-energising at the same time.

Ok this is really weird because yesterday after work I tried to meditate with my Labradorite but my birds and the birds outside were all making way too much noise. Anyway I could see white.....kind of like being in fluffy clouds and then I saw the outlines of 2 feet...actually it was the toes. Haha and you got the hands : )

I wonder if the feeling in your throat is because that chakra is opening up...or if it's open full throttle? And your intuition...that had to feel good : )

Padma

Ok this is really weird because yesterday after work I tried to meditate with my Labradorite but my birds and the birds outside were all making way too much noise. Anyway I could see white.....kind of like being in fluffy clouds and then I saw the outlines of 2 feet...actually it was the toes. Haha and you got the hands : )

I wonder if the feeling in your throat is because that chakra is opening up...or if it's open full throttle? And your intuition...that had to feel good : )

Well, as we are said to all be tiny pieces of God, it makes sense! :laugh: *wink* just joking :) It really is cool to feel that, and you and I seem to be having similar things occur though in different ways, filteres through our different beings...

Yup, I am becoming much more balanced and centred with the crystal studies! I am also feeling my anxieties melt away, and I am finding a great opening of the throat - there I things I will need to communicate within my marriage that are difficult to say, but I find I am calmer and yet energised, and will soon be able to frame the thoughts into words ;)

here is a pic for you, DownwardS ;)

Attachments

• gattopiedistatua.jpg
    gattopiedistatua.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 231

Padma

Ok, day three with the Alexandrite and I am feeling incredibly re-energised, though I am unable to say if it is because I have worked with three very powerful stones in succession, or if it is because of the Alexandrite.

As I have been an inert lump for the last month, it is nice to finally be feeling some movement within, to feel the sap flowing once again! I am also feeling very calm about everything, which is so nice.

Yesterday I had my garage sale, and was thinking, if I can at least make $80, I will be happy. Well, within the first 5 minutes of it I made $80 and by the end of the day I had $250!!!!!!! :bugeyed: I was SO surprised! However, as I did ask the crstal to make the money manifest, and my cards did give me success, I guess I should not have been so surprised. So Alexandrite is, I do believe, truly a stone of manifestation.

And, even though they were lab created, they seem to be working just fine.

The whole time, as well, I was able to guess which person would buy what. That was very interesting. My girlfriend, also a Gemini (and the one I spoke of in the Kyanite studies) was sitting beside me, and she also became very good at seeing who would buy what. It made me wonder if sitting next to person with powerful crystals on would also affect a person. We were also saying things like, ok, those boots have to be bought next - or, those pillows should go now - and then poof, it would happen, the next person would come along and buy the boots, and then the pillow buyer would materialise! It was really rather freaky to experience.

I did not meditate last night, because my friend and I were chatting and relaxing in her gazebo after a hard day's labour selling my stuff ;) but, we stayed up till 3 a.m. discussing all kinds of things, going to the heart of matters, about carrying our past around and holding on to our pain and things like that. Very healing to talk it all out, and, please note, we are both wearing throat chakra crystals, and both of us have difficulty expressing our hurts and angers properly. So that was interesting.

When I wandered home, I could see light bars on either side of my eyes - probably from fatigue, but it looked/felt like I was looking through the two light bars contained in my pendant. It was really an odd sensation!

I also noted many 11's yesterday, from license plates to clocks to sport shirts to etc.
I also note that it is funny that I am a Gemini - because I am so entranced by gems! lol ;)

Padma

Funny - After posting my thoughts on the Alexandrite earlier, I showered with the stones on, to cleanse the "money" vibe off them, and when I dressed I reached for an old purple t-shirt I seldom wear. I have no idea why I suddenly wanted it, I haven't worn it in 2 years!

The t-shirt has a Ganesh on it, with several god and meditation designs on it. There are two eyes stamped at the neckline on the shirt, with a squiggle below it - I am not sure what the symbol indicates, but I did note that my purple Alexandrite pendant sat exactly at the spot above and between the printed eyes where the Third Eye should be. :) As this stone is meant to impart great intuition, I can see how it would relate to the brow chakra. It also gave me a funny feeling to think about the pendant looking like a third oblong eye there, and also sitting at my throat chakra - as though my voice would be able to speak about what the Third Eye sees, or something like that. Or that I would be more able to translate what it is saying to me, or what I can see with it.

I then went for a walk with the dogs, and it is a lovely sunny fresh day. I drove to an isolated and little used country road a few miles away from where we live, and let the wind wash off the materialism of the day before. It is a lovely pastoral place, and I could not hear anything but the wind, the frogs, and the crickets and birds. The colours of blue sky and green grass were so very vivd, it almost hurt to look at stuff! I also saw hundreds of little purple flowers everywhere, all sorts of different little blossoms. But all purple. As I had worn my old purple shirt that day, that struck me as synchronicitous :)

As I was driving home, a cab with the license plate number 5511 on it cut in from a side street to in front of me. It was cab company car #611. As my bday is in the 6th month, and I keep seeing 11's, and I was wearing my birthstone, it felt to me that something of significance would happen to me in June...maybe around the 10th! (55 = 5 + 5 = 10) we'll see!

Padma

What are your impressions...?

!!! PLEASE NOTE! !!!

I hope you all feel free to comment on my findings, a little feedback would be useful here :) Just saying...lol! There are FAR too many rabbits in this thread!

Padma

And the Purple...

ok, so I just went to google and typed in "colour meanings" and the suggestion box below it gave me colour meanings purple as the first choice ;p

I copied this from a website about using purple to meditate:

"Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.

Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple. "

So what struck me, is this: I am definitely seeking spiritual fulfillment. Most of my Alexandrite is either red or blue, or purple, depending on the light. I am an artist, that is how I make my living. And I was born on a Thursday.

Further synchronicity - I just jumped back to the page I saw that on, so I could give credit for the quote, and I scrolled up to see the name of the website I was on. I laughed! It was Emily's Gemstones! And I thought I was just on a meditation and colour site - nope, it was a crystal page! lol!

:)

ETA: more synchronicity. Was looking through some gemstone items on Etzy, for a Herkimer diamond. Saw some I liked, and then realised they cost $111.00 - and then, saw they were in a line with several other Herkimer diamond things from different stores, and all the prices were triple digits - $55.50, $44.45, then 54.44 :bugeyed: and then, clicked on a triple point necklace, and the necklace style was MY name! And I have an unusual name, infrequently seen. I think I need to get a Herkimer diamond! lol...either that, or the numbers spirits are really out to get me!

Another ETA: After looking at the Herkimer Diamonds, I went to my bank account and saw that when the bills went through for payments, the balance left was: $111.00, 91.11, 60.11, and 44.11...kind of made me laugh! And then I went to read a monthly horoscope page, and in the first few paragraphs, it said, if you are wanting to buy a diamond, wait till July end or beginning August. ;p I feel like I am being followed!

Padma

Another meditation with the Alexandrite yesterday - a small one I did in the sun, to recharge my stones, and ask them for different manifestation - was asking them to help me see my marriage problems more clearly - and I kept seeing this blue crystal bathed in sun, so I guess I was just seeing my stones reprogram themselves, or take a light bath :)

Later I did one before sleep, and got the oddest thing happening - when I would hold the pendant and close my eyes, I could see this jittery movement - it took me a second to realise that what I was seeing was the lap of waves, with sunlight bouncing off of it. But not the waves on the beach - it was as though I was staring at a small square of water, and seeing it ripple in the wind. When I let go of the pendant, the vision disappeared. And when I held it again a few minutes later, it resumed ;) nothing happened other than that, it was just watching the water ripple in the sun.

As I began typing this, a business phoned me. The phone number's last four digits were 5511, the same ones I saw on the cab the other day. The call came in at 8:55, and lasted 1:11 !!! Ha!