Snail House Tarot

MagsStardustBlack

The Hermit.

Hiya :.)

I wanted to share my new painting of The Hermit. He is pretty much finished but I may fuss about with him at a later date. I really like him. He is a Giant :.)

I wanter my Hermit to be seen in his cave contemplating. He is sitting holding his lantern sketching on the rocks all of the little creatures he is discovering on his night walks. His staff is a tree, with the roots and branches twisted.

The Cricket - one symbolic interperatation of a cricket is of introspection and this is what I wanted to convey by this creature.
The Aye Aye - traditionally a symbol of death, however, for me represents the death of idealism and the false ego, the stripping away of the layers, and rebirth of the pure essence of the true self, awareness and enlightenment. So yes death, death of the false forms attached to us all.
The centipede - movement into the psyche, and new spiritual connections.
The hedgehog - I like to think of the hedgehog as resourceful and being able to take care of yourself, being practical. The hedgehog can also be seen as sybolic of centering and connecting with your core, as it curls up into a ball.
The Snail - being alone and protecting yourself from the world, withdrawing from society and spiritual awareness. Also the shell spiral is representative of expanding conciousness.

These are just a few ideas of the creatures I used, but there are so many more and deeper meanings of these creatures.

So here he is I hope he is ok, I may add a few bits later such as more branches entwined on his staff, my change the colour of his cape lining, little things like that.

Attachments

• 20130315_085213.jpg
    20130315_085213.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 94

MagsStardustBlack

Next card will be the Death card. I have already formed my idea but nothing on paper yet, think this one will take a long time however because I will have to teach myself how to do what I want to achieve.

MagsStardustBlack

This is my 'Death' card, it is unfinished, I ended up having a break from painting it but hope to finish it Sunday. I was in conflict with myself as thought In highinsight that I should have painted it watercolour style as in 'Queen of Pentacles' so this card my end uo being painted twice, same image in different painting techniques.

I am yet to add in other detail also such as white petals falling to represent the flesh leaving the body, clouds, sun rays ect and other little bits. Maybe a 'deaths head hawk moth' in the skulls eye.

Dont understand why its side ways again.... this is driving me nuts.....

Attachments

• 20130318_140239.jpg
    20130318_140239.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 96

baylys

You're getting there, slowly but surely.

MagsStardustBlack

You're getting there, slowly but surely.

Thankyou Baylys :.)

Unfortunately Death met a rather unpleasant end as did my paint brush :. ( gutted.

I feel I have created a nemesis with this card now, and it will probably be done last.

baylys

Oh dear, still, you have many more cards to choose from to do next.

One foot in front of the other........

MagsStardustBlack

Oh dear, still, you have many more cards to choose from to do next.

One foot in front of the other........

Yes it was one of those moments, but I just thought im not going through this experience hiding from cards, so I started again, similar image and I am really happy with this one, so here he is...

Death.

Attachments

• 20130325_220825.jpg
    20130325_220825.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 100

baylys

Ooh, he looks funky!!! I wasn't sure when I saw the unfinished one on facebook, but I really like him now. And the rearing horse totally rocks.

MagsStardustBlack

Yes :.) He has a funny face I think he looks slightly mad he definitely sees something we don't. I didnt anticipate his character at all he just came alive and there he was. I might darken the reds and change the yellow to orange or add in white swirls on the sun rays. I also will likely add in the white petals falling to the foreground. He makes me smile :. )