IRONWING Study Group - Index

fairybugg

Hi everyone

Just wanted to jump into the conversation.
I bought this deck about 2 years ago. It has been living on my tarot shelf and everyday that I look at my decks it wispers to me. So I was overjoyed to find this group.
So when I get home tonight I will be bringing my deck down for a little conversation.
I have done a few readings with this deck but I get wrapped in meanings from other decks. I need to sit and be with this deck and let it talk to me.
In the interim though I will be devoring what everyone else has said and I hope to contribute something.

Mi-Shell

Hi, welcome to Ironwing's realm, fairybugg!
This deck is still my "special" private deck.

flying black kat

I am going to join this study group with the cards of the Ironwing that I have. I have the 22 Majors, and the few that Lorena sent me when I ordered the Majors. This is going to be interesting.

Be at Peace.

Kathy

Wendywu

I found the best way to get started with Ironwing was to use it for all my tarot work. Trouble is, I haven't managed to use a different deck since the day I decided to try just using Ironwing....

Mind you, I've learned an awful lot and have a veeeery loooong way to go yet. As far as I can tell, I'm working with this deck for years and I don't mind a bit. I keep buying other decks and smiling at them, and then I put them on the shelves. Some days I think "Oh let's have a change today" and I go and stare at the shelves for a while and then i hear that little voice in my head saying "You know, Ironwing knocks spots off every other deck there - why are you even thinking about using a different one?" and I walk away and back downstairs to where Ironwing sits on the coffeetable waiting for me ....

Run, run away while you still can })

And welcome - it will be good to have others to work with :)

fairybugg

Wendywu said:
I found the best way to get started with Ironwing was to use it for all my tarot work. Trouble is, I haven't managed to use a different deck since the day I decided to try just using Ironwing....

Mind you, I've learned an awful lot and have a veeeery loooong way to go yet. As far as I can tell, I'm working with this deck for years and I don't mind a bit. I keep buying other decks and smiling at them, and then I put them on the shelves. Some days I think "Oh let's have a change today" and I go and stare at the shelves for a while and then i hear that little voice in my head saying "You know, Ironwing knocks spots off every other deck there - why are you even thinking about using a different one?" and I walk away and back downstairs to where Ironwing sits on the coffeetable waiting for me ....

Run, run away while you still can })

And welcome - it will be good to have others to work with :)

I am completely sucked into this deck... I am not using it yet for my daily draws but I am going through the deck one by one and then looking at the cards whenever I can just to familarize myself with the deck. I was looking at my tarot shelf last night infact and none of them were calling to me as intently as Ironwing. So it begins...
When I bought this deck, I am trying to remember when, it was before I graduated college so it must have been before May 07'. Anyway, I was thinking and researching about becoming a farrier/blacksmith. Still interested but life and college debt got in the way. So this deck really speaks to that for me. Not to mention the primal interests in Shamanism. I wonder how I will ever learn it all....
Very glad to be here and I am loving what everyone has said so far. I am taking notes... ;-)

Wendywu

Fairybugg - welcome :) If you have an interest in shamanism, come down to the Spirituality section and take a look at the Singing the Soul Back Home thread - you would be very welcome there, and we are all learning together.....

fairybugg

Wendywu said:
Fairybugg - welcome :) If you have an interest in shamanism, come down to the Spirituality section and take a look at the Singing the Soul Back Home thread - you would be very welcome there, and we are all learning together.....
Thanks I will peek over there right now.

fairybugg

Thanks

I could not find it at first. Thanks

fairybugg

Wendywu

I tried to PM you but your box is full so instead I am going to post here what I wrote you...
Hi Wendywu,
I was wondering, since I love what you write about Ironwing, how you are studing with your cards. I feel like I am making progress but this deck is so different from any I have ever tried to learn that my normal ways of studing are not really working. I tend to write down everything I read about a particular card and go from there. But besides the book and what has been written here I am not finding much.
Perhaps if I find out what you are doing to learn them and try a few maybe that might work for me.
I started a journal but I think I made it too school like and it is actually blocking my ability to learn well at least incorporate what I am actually seeing.
Thanks
Fairybugg