Co significators in horary ?

Sharla

In relationship readings you use sun(male) and venus (female) as co significators, but what about if one of these is already being used as a significator.

Using the sun and venus as co significators, is supposed to show the sexual attraction between them.

Example: Male significator is venus and female's is saturn.

Also just to add to this, how would you go about locating a 3rd significator in a chart ?

Example: querent is Asc (saturn), quesited is (venus) but if there is also a 3rd party involved but this persons not been asked about, would they still show up in the chart ?

I was thinking to look at the 7th house ruler being (mercury), locating mercury which is in the same house as the male (quesited).....would this be the other person ? But then again there are no aspects between them, if i did this...and also mercury is in retrograde.

Chanah

Don't use co-significators. You'll end up having five planets in major play and you will not get a clear answer.

If sun or Venus is ruler of the house of the querent or quesited, then it's a significator. That's when you should use them.

Historically? If a question of marriage came out in the affirmative, the sun and Venus were considered as to whether you'd have children. Not whether you'd get together in the first place.

I have not seen sun and Venus bring people together in horary when used as secondaries. You need to look at the primary significators and the moon.

Sharla

Don't use co-significators. You'll end up having five planets in major play and you will not get a clear answer.

If sun or Venus is ruler of the house of the querent or quesited, then it's a significator. That's when you should use them.

Historically? If a question of marriage came out in the affirmative, the sun and Venus were considered as to whether you'd have children. Not whether you'd get together in the first place.

I have not seen sun and Venus bring people together in horary when used as secondaries. You need to look at the primary significators and the moon.

Ok thanks chanah for the advice regarding not to, this is just information i've found out myself doing research online. Maybe i should have left the link....infact i'll see if i can retrieve it, http://jotracey.com.au/he-loves-me-he-loves-me-not-a-horary/ere is where i got it from

Ive been just looking at some explain readings and came across this one, she mentions this in the 6th paragraph down.

Minderwiz

I wouldn't be as strong as Channah but I would add a comment on the Sun/Venus usage. I started out using them but found they didn't work well. I narrowed their usage to long term relationships and still they didn't work well. They came into use in a society that had arranged marriages. Firstly in Persian and Arab societies and then into Medieval Christian Europe. Arranged marriages were common in Lilly's time (seventeenth century) and indeed still existed in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, especially where land and property were involved.

Use these only for marriage and stiil take care. No property issues, then leave them out and even if there are property or prenups, you might still be very careful in involving them.

As for third persons, don't include them unless they are specified in the question. Sometimes it's clear from the chart that a third person is involved. For example a query about relationships, where the querent is a woman signified by, say, Jupter, but Mercury, the man's significator is applying to a conjunction to Venus in Taurus He's likely in love with another woman.

Note, that Venus here is not used as a significator. Their relationship is a deduction from the chart.

The only times I use multiple significators are with the buying and selling of property, or legal cases.

With say the sale of a house, The querent gets the first. the other party to the sale (actual or potential) gets the seventh. The house gets the fourth and if there are agents involved, the estate agent gets the sixth.

In legal cases (civil) the two parties to the case get the first and seventh, their lawyers the second and eighth and the judge the tenth.

Such cases are well established but they are not easy to analyse. I've had particular success with the property sale horories, so I know it works. But those are the only ones I'll use unless a third party is specified in the question.

Chanah

If I wasn't clear, I do agree with Minderwiz. Relationship horaries are the offender here. Two people means two primary significators and the moon.

Sharla

I wouldn't be as strong as Channah but I would add a comment on the Sun/Venus usage. I started out using them but found they didn't work well. I narrowed their usage to long term relationships and still they didn't work well. They came into use in a society that had arranged marriages. Firstly in Persian and Arab societies and then into Medieval Christian Europe. Arranged marriages were common in Lilly's time (seventeenth century) and indeed still existed in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, especially where land and property were involved.

Use these only for marriage and stiil take care. No property issues, then leave them out and even if there are property or prenups, you might still be very careful in involving them.

As for third persons, don't include them unless they are specified in the question. Sometimes it's clear from the chart that a third person is involved. For example a query about relationships, where the querent is a woman signified by, say, Jupter, but Mercury, the man's significator is applying to a conjunction to Venus in Taurus He's likely in love with another woman.

Note, that Venus here is not used as a significator. Their relationship is a deduction from the chart.

The only times I use multiple significators are with the buying and selling of property, or legal cases.

With say the sale of a house, The querent gets the first. the other party to the sale (actual or potential) gets the seventh. The house gets the fourth and if there are agents involved, the estate agent gets the sixth.

In legal cases (civil) the two parties to the case get the first and seventh, their lawyers the second and eighth and the judge the tenth.

Such cases are well established but they are not easy to analyse. I've had particular success with the property sale horories, so I know it works. But those are the only ones I'll use unless a third party is specified in the question.

If you can remember the horary reading you did for me a couple of months ago maybe.....(and this is whats got me into studying horary lol)

The chart i did was regarding me and this guy (who is still on the scene), but if you remember he is also married. So the chart was done regarding me and him, but as he is also still with his wife, then would she be in the chart too.....and if so how would i know which planet was representing her ?

This question is also regarding your example on your sale of houses etc, i know how to get my significator (asc) and the quesited (the ruler of the house representing the area asked about them)......but then how would i go about finding other significators ?

Minderwiz

Although I didn't consider his wife and indeed she is only mentioned through implication, it is possible to identify a significators for her. As he is dignified by the eleventh, she is dignified by the opposite house, the eleventh. That would make her signiicator, Jupiter, the ruler of Sagittarius.

However as she plays no part in the question, that is academic. If the question had referenced her, then I would have looked at her but I would have discouraged a three way question, they are usually muddled and not easy to answer without a lot of background.

On the property query. Buyer and seller of anything take first and seventh. The person asking the question gets the first, irrespective of whether they re buying or selling.

Fixed property and real estate always get the fourth. Real estate agents are technically your employee o servant. You pay them for services rendered. The sixth house used to relate to slaves but it was broadened to include servants and employees. Note: they are your employees, no matter how temporary. A lot of modern Astrologers assign co_workers, i.e. fellow employees to the sixth. This assignation is wrong. Co-workers are nothing to do with you and take the seventh.

The only exceptions are where you and they are part a social organisation, such as a union, in which case the union is eleventh house, or if you are a team leader, in which case you have authority ovr the team who become sixth house to you.

Sharla

Although I didn't consider his wife and indeed she is only mentioned through implication, it is possible to identify a significators for her. As he is dignified by the eleventh, she is dignified by the opposite house, the eleventh. That would make her signiicator, Jupiter, the ruler of Sagittarius.

However as she plays no part in the question, that is academic. If the question had referenced her, then I would have looked at her but I would have discouraged a three way question, they are usually muddled and not easy to answer without a lot of background.

On the property query. Buyer and seller of anything take first and seventh. The person asking the question gets the first, irrespective of whether they re buying or selling.

Fixed property and real estate always get the fourth. Real estate agents are technically your employee o servant. You pay them for services rendered. The sixth house used to relate to slaves but it was broadened to include servants and employees. Note: they are your employees, no matter how temporary. A lot of modern Astrologers assign co_workers, i.e. fellow employees to the sixth. This assignation is wrong. Co-workers are nothing to do with you and take the seventh.

The only exceptions are where you and they are part a social organisation, such as a union, in which case the union is eleventh house, or if you are a team leader, in which case you have authority ovr the team who become sixth house to you.

Why would he be dignified by the 11th ? I had him placed in the 5th, i thought the 5th was more to do with love affairs and stuff, and the 11th was more about platonic friends and acquaintances.

And if she is dignified by the opposite house, why would this be the 11th again ?

Minderwiz

My error lol. It was late last night when I responded andbI was a victim of tiredness and the spell checker. I meant to write that he was signified by the fifth. The spell checker changed signified into dignified and my brain was ahead of my fingers, so I typed eleventh when I meant fifth.

So his wife is signified by the eleventh because spouses always take the opposite house to the one being considered. Thus father's are fourth house and mothers (assuming they are still together) take the tenth, brothers and sisters take the third, their partners take the ninth.

In this case he takes the fifth because there's no immediate prospect of marriage. If he had left his wife and had been living with you for a year, then he would be seventh.