Crystals for shamanic Journeying??

Tigerangel

Hi everyone, I'm going to a shamanic group journeying session at the start of June, and we can bring or own meditation tools drum/rattle/blanket, crystals etc.

I have a black obsidian spear head necklace that I wear for grounding and protection, but I was wondering what crystal would be a good one to use in a shamanic journey?, I have a raw amethyst large crystal that I use in normal mediations but I don't think it is of a high enough vibration suitable for a shamanic journey.

So I'm looking for some advice on what types of crystal would be good to use?.

Thanks.

Apollonia

Ocean Jasper and Merlinite are the two stones I use most often in shamanic journeying. I like snowflake obsidian if I'm doing a healing type journey.

Tigerangel

Ocean Jasper and Merlinite are the two stones I use most often in shamanic journeying. I like snowflake obsidian if I'm doing a healing type journey.

Thanks, is it better to use them in raw form? Or are tumbled Stones ok to use, as I have a few snowflake obsidian tumble Stones but don't have the others you have mentioned will look into them thanks again.

Apollonia

Thanks, is it better to use them in raw form? Or are tumbled Stones ok to use, as I have a few snowflake obsidian tumble Stones but don't have the others you have mentioned will look into them thanks again.
Hi, I don't tend to prefer raw over tumbled or vice versa, I just go with whatever stone I resonate with. All of the stones I mentioned using happen to be tumbled, but that is just by chance.

I would definitely look into the other two, as they are both excellent for journeying.

Oh, and I just remembered, I've had some fantastic journeys using a Nebula Stone. I think there might be only one direct source right now. Here's the link:
http://www.nebulastone.com/

Have fun and happy journeying!

celticnoodle

I am not a shaman myself, but am fascinated with reading, studying and trying out some of the shamanic ways. I've also taken a few classes in this field too. I do have a few different shamanic crystals myself, lets see which ones I can recall!

I know there is one crystal called "The Shaman's Stone", but I can't recall if it is one I have purchased. I know its one I'd like to have--but I have many crystals and sadly, not all are labeled (eek!) and I forget which ones are what if they don't have a label on them now. :( At any rate, "The Shaman's Stone" is a protective crystal and is great especially to protect yourself from any psychic attacks or when you are doing Shamanic Journeys, etc.

The Spirit Quartz is a recent purchase for me, and it is suppose to be helpful in protecting the shaman as well. It is a crystal that will change negative energy into positive energy, so this is how it protects you. It works by providing a shield around your aura and nothing can penetrate that protective shield. It is therefore good for journeying, or when you are in the company of some negative energies/psychic-vampires. I have read that this is also a great crystal to use in group meditations, so this may be JUST the crystal for you in your upcoming June class! It could extend its properties to all involved in the class. I know it comes in various colors--and I'm not sure if the coloring makes a difference in the properties extended to the beholder--so you may want to double check on that.

A Chevron Amethyst is another crystal that I recently purchased. It is a good third-eye crystal and is a good crystal for journeying and keeping focused as well. It is also a great psychic crystal. The one I have is a tower crystal, about 3/4" to 1" tall and I have recently been using it in my crystal grids.

I hope after your class in June, you will come back and share with us your experiences during that class. Good luck and I hope the class is very helpful for you! Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Tigerangel

Hi, I don't tend to prefer raw over tumbled or vice versa, I just go with whatever stone I resonate with. All of the stones I mentioned using happen to be tumbled, but that is just by chance.

I would definitely look into the other two, as they are both excellent for journeying.

Oh, and I just remembered, I've had some fantastic journeys using a Nebula Stone. I think there might be only one direct source right now. Here's the link:
http://www.nebulastone.com/

Have fun and happy journeying!

I like the look of the nebula Stones think I will get some of these, thanks.

Tigerangel

I am not a shaman myself, but am fascinated with reading, studying and trying out some of the shamanic ways. I've also taken a few classes in this field too. I do have a few different shamanic crystals myself, lets see which ones I can recall!

I know there is one crystal called "The Shaman's Stone", but I can't recall if it is one I have purchased. I know its one I'd like to have--but I have many crystals and sadly, not all are labeled (eek!) and I forget which ones are what if they don't have a label on them now. :( At any rate, "The Shaman's Stone" is a protective crystal and is great especially to protect yourself from any psychic attacks or when you are doing Shamanic Journeys, etc.

The Spirit Quartz is a recent purchase for me, and it is suppose to be helpful in protecting the shaman as well. It is a crystal that will change negative energy into positive energy, so this is how it protects you. It works by providing a shield around your aura and nothing can penetrate that protective shield. It is therefore good for journeying, or when you are in the company of some negative energies/psychic-vampires. I have read that this is also a great crystal to use in group meditations, so this may be JUST the crystal for you in your upcoming June class! It could extend its properties to all involved in the class. I know it comes in various colors--and I'm not sure if the coloring makes a difference in the properties extended to the beholder--so you may want to double check on that.

A Chevron Amethyst is another crystal that I recently purchased. It is a good third-eye crystal and is a good crystal for journeying and keeping focused as well. It is also a great psychic crystal. The one I have is a tower crystal, about 3/4" to 1" tall and I have recently been using it in my crystal grids.

I hope after your class in June, you will come back and share with us your experiences during that class. Good luck and I hope the class is very helpful for you! Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

I know what you mean about forgetting a crystals name, I bought a few tumble Stones and when I was sorting through my crystals I just couldn't remember what these certain ones where, had to go back into the shop and look at the name tag on them, turned out it was serpentine, I'm ok with all the common Stones, but the usual names I forget alot lol.

I have been looking at all the stones mentioned and the spirit quartz does look very unusual, I though I had a piece of small spirit quartz but when looking through the images that came up I think it must be something else.
I came across Stones called moqui balls/marbles which seems to also be called the shamans stone, so don't know if that's what you where talking about?

I'll come back and post what crystals I decided to take and what happened at my first class, so far there is only 5 attending.

celticnoodle

Yes, the moqui balls are the same thing. I looked it up. I had forgotten that. I hope you find some great crystals to help you with this and I can't wait to hear about your experiences! Have a great time!!

MystikalSharyl

I would like shaman balls is on my list for things I want....and want a shamanic shield

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Tigerangel

Yes, the moqui balls are the same thing. I looked it up. I had forgotten that. I hope you find some great crystals to help you with this and I can't wait to hear about your experiences! Have a great time!!

Thanks, and will do ☺