Judith Bartschi Lenormand!

SolSionnach

I just got this deck today from Amazon.de - it's very surprising! (Note: there should be an umlaut over the "a" - I don't know how to do that)

The first thing I noticed was the two mating monkeys in the Tree-5 card (!), and 11-Whip shows a dominatrix (!). 14-Fox shows how the fox got the cheese from the raven by flattering him until he sang.

And OMG OMG OMG - 18-Dog is a POODLE!!! Not a very good-looking one, but a poodle nonetheless. :D 24-Heart could very well be the Madonna, or (given the lotus) perhaps a Hindu Goddess - or the Queen of Heaven. 25-Ring is a depiction of an annular eclipse - where the moon doesn't completely cover the sun and you have a ring with a burst of light at one side. 7-Snake is a rainbow ouroborus surrounding the earth, with spiral galaxies above and below.

The cards are well-made and larger than the Piatnik or Mystical - about the size of the Noblet TdM. The backs have a lovely celtic-style flower/knot.

There are 40 cards - 36 + 1 title card + 3 cards with German instructions.
I have no idea how this deck will read, as I don't yet read with the Lenormand. Frankly, it seems either silly or witty; ink drawings with watercolor. Cardstock shuffles like a dream, and the titles (auf Deutsch) are in a nice handwriting-style font.

4 1/2 stars overall - but 5 stars for the Poodle alone!

Miss Divine

It's great isn't it!

I've had it for a while, but for some reason I never read with it.
Used them only about 1 time, and then they ended up back in the box.

I'm definitely keeping them, and will try them again sometime later.
Heck even if I never use 'em, they're a keeper for me.

SolSionnach

I saw them used to illustrate a Lenormand blog, and thought that I *had* to have them. I haven't attempted to use them yet - I'm studying the Piatnik (even though Le Fanu thinks it's a 'granny' deck lol)

I spent way to much on it (from amazon.de) to ever let it go! Good thing I like it, eh? ;)

autumn star

Just wondering how other people find this deck?

It has really lovely watercolours and I have seen it is a good price on the bookdepository. Is there a version with english titles etc?

IheartTarot

autumn star said:
Just wondering how other people find this deck?

It has really lovely watercolours and I have seen it is a good price on the bookdepository. Is there a version with english titles etc?

I like it. I am pretty sure there isn't an English version. :)

BD rocks! :thumbsup:

IHeartRescues

Judith Bartschi Lenormand- Anyone have an English transl. of the book??

I have the cards and the book, but i need a translation in English! Already did a Google search for the book so it could translate for me, but nothing came up alas...

Is there anyone here who could help?

Village Witch

My Judith Bartschi Lenormand deck arrived today! I love it!

The German labels don't bother me in the least. Found it on The Book Depository for $7.02 with free shipping!

Sign me a very happy camper!

Barleywine

Nice-looking deck, if just a bit kitschy for me.