Page of Wands Rx as Negative of a Job?

Enlightenment23

As part of a larger spread to determine my compatibility with a certain job, I asked, "What won't I like about this job?"

I got the Page of Wands Reversed clarified by the 4 of Swords Reversed.

For me, the Page of Wands Rx is a card of -- well -- not much going on. There's a "failure to launch." The 4 of Swords Rx, on the other hand, has always been a card of restlessness and hyperactivity.

So that's where I am confused. These cards seem to contradict each other. But then again, maybe I should take the other extreme of the Page of Wands and maybe interpret it as a card of hyperactivity as well.

Could these two cards mean this job will make me feel overworked? What do you guys think?

LeFou

Maybe:

Page of Wands Rx - Low status.

4 of Swords Rx - Having nothing much to do, boredom. On a pictorial level, some see a focus on the storied past, thus a gap between expectation and reality.

Reversals resist regularity,

Enlightenment23

Maybe:

Page of Wands Rx - Low status.

4 of Swords Rx - Having nothing much to do, boredom. On a pictorial level, some see a focus on the storied past, thus a gap between expectation and reality.

Reversals resist regularity,

Really? I've never really known the Page of Wands reversed to be a card of low status. How did you come up with that? Very interesting...

And I'm also curious how you came up with the 4 of Swords Rx as being boredom. I suppose reversals can take various different energies (blocked, extremes, etc.), but I would thing the 4 of Swords upright would be boredom and having nothing to do.

LeFou

Pages would seem to have lowly status. Reversed, perhaps it's frustrating.

To me, reversed is just a little nuance hinting that something is problematic. It would rarely be the opposite of upright, but then again, every reading is a little bit different.

SarahJoy

I would read the Page of Wands Rx in that position to mean that the job won't be creatively fulfilling; that new ideas or fresh outlooks aren't really needed.

Looking at the 4S Rx, I would tend to read it as, the job will be non-stop activity, with no chance to take a breather.

Now, I don't really use clarifiers, because for me, they tend to muddle, rather than clarify. If we look at the two cards as a pair instead, I see a job where you are busy to the point of feeling harried, without the personal satisfaction that would come from using creative problem-solving.

Enlightenment23

Pages would seem to have lowly status. Reversed, perhaps it's frustrating.

To me, reversed is just a little nuance hinting that something is problematic. It would rarely be the opposite of upright, but then again, every reading is a little bit different.

That makes sense -- it is a Page after all.

Grizabella

I agree with Le Fou. The reversed Page of Wands---low status as in being low person on the totem pole, so to speak. The 4 of Swords reversed showing that, because of this low status, the other workers dump a lot of work on you since you're new. And I also agree that the reversed Page of Wands will mean that you're not going to feel very inspired or creative there.

Enlightenment23

I would read the Page of Wands Rx in that position to mean that the job won't be creatively fulfilling; that new ideas or fresh outlooks aren't really needed.

Looking at the 4S Rx, I would tend to read it as, the job will be non-stop activity, with no chance to take a breather.

Now, I don't really use clarifiers, because for me, they tend to muddle, rather than clarify. If we look at the two cards as a pair instead, I see a job where you are busy to the point of feeling harried, without the personal satisfaction that would come from using creative problem-solving.

This totally resonates. The job I am applying for is a super popular online publication. My main gripe with my current job is the fact that I am not feeling creatively fulfilled. It would totally stink to be in a job where I feel creatively stifled AND I feel overwhelmed by the non-stop activity. I'll have to see if I am making the right decision by leaving my own job...or I could make a really bad move.

Thanks!

Enlightenment23

I agree with Le Fou. The reversed Page of Wands---low status as in being low person on the totem pole, so to speak. The 4 of Swords reversed showing that, because of this low status, the other workers dump a lot of work on you since you're new. And I also agree that the reversed Page of Wands will mean that you're not going to feel very inspired or creative there.

That sounds exactly right. It is indeed what I would consider an entry level job. Because I'm super new, I could totally see this company throwing me into a whirlwind of work right away. I don't mind the work, but the fact that I won't feel inspired/creative might be a dealbreaker for me. After all, the only reason I intend on leaving my current job is because I feel stifled.

tarot_quest

Hi Enlightenment23 :)

Before reading other people replies, my first take for the Rx page of wands was that this job would lead you to a feeling of blocked spontaneity - and yes - I agree with others that you might feel less creative, so basically less like your ''true self''

For rx 4 of swords, I am not sure how it applies here, but I often see it for an extreme variation of resting or being exhausted.