winning the Queen of Swords

Galaxias

This Grace Jones quote reminds me a lot of the Queen of Swords, especially the bold part, emphasis mine:
"We were pulling our punches. We're both very physical. We fight about a lot of things, like going to bed. He likes it early. I like it late. And we make love as passionately as we fight."

Carla

In order to seduce a Queen of Swords you would first have to be totally sincere. She is perceptive and will be able to see through game playing and manipulation. She deeply appreciates honesty, sincerity and integrity.

We aren't always attracted to people like ourselves so I can't see a Queen of Swords only attracted to another Sword. Who we are attracted to depends on so many things and at what stage in our life we are.

She is not ruled by her emotions but by her intellect so she will not follow her heart. She will do what she knows to be 'right' or true and will do the honourable thing. I can't imagine this Queen being attracted to a married man for example or someone who is ultimately unsuitable. She reflects and does not act on impulse.

To win her trust you would have to prove yourself trustworthy. If you are not, she will see through you.:)

I agree with this interpretation entirely. I, too, believe that the Queen of Swords could be attracted to anyone as long as that person is sincere. I don't think the Queen of Swords is very easy to seduce. She's hard to catch out. She might indulge herself with a fling with any type, King of Wands or whomever, but she would most likely see to it that she had no illusions about the nature of the association. I believe she could live with someone like the King of Cups, even though there might be a lot of eye-rolling and what she would consider 'tolerance' on her part. I think when choosing a life partner, the Queen of Swords might be likely to choose someone that she could dominate (for lack of a nicer word), such as, say, Knight of Pentacles, or King of Pentacles. The earth cards would help keep her pulled out of her head and ground her, I think she would find that refreshing.

obeygravity

I agree with this interpretation entirely. I, too, believe that the Queen of Swords could be attracted to anyone as long as that person is sincere. I don't think the Queen of Swords is very easy to seduce. She's hard to catch out. She might indulge herself with a fling with any type, King of Wands or whomever, but she would most likely see to it that she had no illusions about the nature of the association. I believe she could live with someone like the King of Cups, even though there might be a lot of eye-rolling and what she would consider 'tolerance' on her part. I think when choosing a life partner, the Queen of Swords might be likely to choose someone that she could dominate (for lack of a nicer word), such as, say, Knight of Pentacles, or King of Pentacles. The earth cards would help keep her pulled out of her head and ground her, I think she would find that refreshing.

I feel like a Queen of swords would want nothing to do with any knights. I feel like the knights would involve too much 'training' for her. I can easily see the Queen of Wands taking on a knight, possibly even a Queen of Cups type just because it would be easier for them to mold them into being the exact kind of person they want. But I feel like the Queen of Swords would want someone who acts and does things without her needing to inform them what's appropriate and what's inappropriate. Perhaps a slightly more ill-dignified QoS would go down that route (for some reason an ill-dignified QoS makes me think of a Dominatrix who would definitely take pleasure in pursuing a relationship with someone who's not as knowledgeable and 'well-trained' so to say as a King), but I feel like after a short time, if it were to go anywhere past a fling, she'd either get a.) bored or b.) irritated. She's not the kind of queen who has that evidential presence of a mother-type and I feel like for her, if she ever had to play a role that resembled that for someone she was involved with, she'd immediately stop any interest in them.

I definitely feel like she could do a King of cups too but only if she was incredibly enamored from the get go. I think the whole sensitivity thing would prove itself to be tiresome for her. For some reason, that pairing automatically makes me think of walking on egg shells. She wouldn't be able to be her likely normally candid self, she'd be forced to constantly make sure that she always took emotions into consideration which... for a QoS... is not that appealing hahahaha

triple_entendre

What other posters said: she's smart. Do keep up. She has a very low bullshit tolerance, so don't give her any. Courting the queen of swords as the survivor of tragedy is a precarious thing, she might have all these defenses to keep herself from getting hurt ever again, but she's mature enough not to appreciate being coddled. I agree that she's not the type to hold anyone's hand through anything, so knights won't do it for her.

The King of Cups as a go-with-the-flow illusionist would make a bad match for this queen, but the same king as the healer and guardian of hidden truths would be perfect. It's the nature of water to be able to seep in through whatever cracks are there, without pushing it. Romance is the specialty of the court of chalices. The thing is not to frustrate her with his mutable nature.

Maybe the other kings have compatible aspects, but I'm biased towards the chalices. Pentacles might be too pragmatic and sensual (wrong direction, way to her heart is through her mind), Wands, well, I'm having trouble with wands. The King of Swords may form an everlasting bond with her, and everyone else in the court would look at them together and think, "They must both be so horribly unhappy."

Wee_Gypsy

I idenify with the queen of swords myself (my ascendant is Aquarius my sun sign 2nd decan Aries..)
So not only do a KNOW a phoney straight off, I despise them too (lol)...
So honesty and being geniune is respected above all, (superficail crap is irrealvant to a queen of swords type)...with a queen of swords type honesty and being real is respected above all---and even more so because it is very RARE in this day in age with sheepbook and sheepality shows LMAO you know how it is *sigh* :)

Word of advice, like everyone else was saying the BS tolerance level is 0 (lol) wheather shown or not-and remember she wont always call people in day to day in on a load of BS either (to their face) actually very rarely-
I can tell you from my personal experience, I may say oh 'thats nice' in day to day conversation when someone is talking a game (and be thinking internally 'how stupid do you think I am' plus I have usually had similar experience(s) weather they be good or bad.....and things arent adding up, but actually contradicting each other lol

OR if someones wining a pettie sob story to me (which I personally hate) I may say 'oh thats too bad' resorting to short but also civil answers secrely hoping they will wine to someone else---but thinking internally 'if you spent half as much time wining about your so called problem as you did trying to solve it -which isnt really a problem-but LIFE and the REAL world you would proably have several "problems" solved by now---like personally I dont want to hear 'so and so is saying this about me and its not trruuuuue *winey voice* when I myself have been through trama...its quite nausiating, to me personally....thats just me though

The queen of swords isnt dumb bottom line lol :) So keep it real honesty is key with a QofS and the repsect and trust eventually be returned, but it may take a while *a long while* if returned and its not always a personal thing either against you (if she seems cold at first)
a queen of swords type has personal trust issues with people (in general) and rightfully so because of past experiences

I hope this helps and
Good luck to you too
:) ;)

obeygravity

The King of Cups as a go-with-the-flow illusionist would make a bad match for this queen, but the same king as the healer and guardian of hidden truths would be perfect. It's the nature of water to be able to seep in through whatever cracks are there, without pushing it. Romance is the specialty of the court of chalices. The thing is not to frustrate her with his mutable nature.

Man, perhaps it's because I'm a Queen of Swords type but I have such a hard time seeing things working out with a King of Cups type. I think it's because I've dated that kind before and it turned out terribly hahaha. Though the Queen of Swords is the watery side of the swords suit, there definitely still comes this frustration of having to put a strong emphasis on 'emotions'. I suppose it could work if the King of Cups truly learned to slow down a great deal because though the Queen of Swords is quick in other ways (i.e. like her wit), when it comes to feelings and sensitivity - that is something incredibly slow to be revealed. And I mean incredibly. If she's a true QoS type with the "Been there, Done that" mentality (like I have), then it's almost like he needs to learn to speak another language when it comes to emotions entirely. I'd imagine if a great deal of affection existed between them already then it'd probably be an easier process but I can't help but feel like the queen's cold and aloof behavior would eventually dull his senses for her.

King of Wands and Queen of Swords, on the other hand, now THAT'S a pairing I wholeheartedly support LOL

triple_entendre

Yeah, that's the thing. Water tends to lack focus, accept change or even initiate a change of shape when it's just not needed, and be overly sentimental.

Carla

Well, I've been meditating on the Queen of Swords constantly for the last week, having recently identified her as my significator. (I'd never given that much thought to it before and had idly picked Queen of Pentacles as my significator because I like home exercise and country walking. But man, is she no real fit for me!) It is amazing to me how many ways and on how many levels Queen of Swords fits my life--astrologically, Tree of Life, personality, and even physical appearance, right down to the messy divorce and wisdom of experience thing. I know from real life experience that a Queen of Swords can be attracted to a Knight of Pentacles, because I was and I married him. On the other hand, a King of Wands would blow the lid off my bullshit-o-meter and a King of Swords and I would be arguing all the time, while a King of Cups would make me want to beat the crap out of him. One Queen of Sword's personal experience. It would be great to hear from other people who identify with Queen of Swords and see who they ended up with! :) I think my little Knight is heading into King territory anyway--possibly. But he's certainly NOT into materialistic things--he's not that kind of earth sign. He IS conservative and more interested in practicalities than ideas. But because of his patience and loyalty, he will listen to me rant, then hug me. :) It can be frustrating when he has nothing to offer in return when I bounce ideas off him, but one good thing is, I can talk him into just about anything, to the point I have to be careful how much I talk about certain things because he will latch onto them and remain loyal to them long after I've moved on from it.

RunningWild

A friend thinks of me as the QoS. I always thought of myself as The Hermit. Nevermind that I never planned to gain a load of insight and show others the way, the cave and isolation to study or do those things that "I" found interesting are what drew me.

So as I step way way out of my comfort zone, I say this with as much compassion as a QoS/Hermit-wannabe can muster up...

I have been married three (yes, THREE) times with one brief "shacking up" period dropped in there somewhere...

They get numbers except for the "live-in" who is referred to as "the live-in" (I won't bother with creative naming.. been there, done that).

Ex #1: King of Wands Being courted was.. intense. Mature. But eventually his light was brighter than the sun . He wandered. I found a new planet to live on. One with a little less sunlight.

The live-in: Another inspired individual because apparently I didn't quite get the message with the first one. It was short-lived. I got the message and this time only had to find a new neighborhood.

Ex #2: King of Cups all the way... rightside up, upside down, inside out, and backwards. He could be a caring individual or he could be manipulative. For someone like me, all that emotional turmoil and blah blah gave me pursed lips and squinty eyes. :laugh: He had to find someone else to suck the life out of.

Ex #3: Another King of Cups. My lessons must have to come in twos. NO sense of humor. AT ALL.

I've worked for Kings of Pentacles. I'm not saying they're all bad but it's hard to hold intelligent conversations with people who want to talk about their stock portfolios, their new cars, their renovations to their castles, and about that painting by Chagall they just hung on their wall that will do nothing but increase in value over time.

My best friend for the past 30 yrs and I lost contact with one another for a period of time. Real life had intervened. We reunited a few years ago and one of the first things she did was spell out her resume for me. As gently as I could, I reminded her there was no job posting on my door :laugh: She is a King of Pentacles.

ETA: I should point out that in each case (except for the friend, who remains a friend), I was the one to file for divorce/pack my bags and hightail it out of there. Completely cutting off all communication. Period.

RunningWild

On the other hand, a King of Wands would blow the lid off my bullshit-o-meter

It took years before I reached the point that the BS meter hitting the red mark meant I should run and fast, in the opposite direction.

and a King of Swords and I would be arguing all the time

I haven't had the opportunity yet. :laugh:

while a King of Cups would make me want to beat the crap out of him.

AMEN!

To the original poster of this thread: You're probably beginning to get the idea that drawing out this Queen is quite the undertaking. Right? :laugh: