Reconciliation Interpretation

calisunshine

About a week after my bf and I broke up my friend did a reading for me (because I do not do my own). We did a Celtic Cross and we asked "What do I need to know next about this relationship?"

There was a Three of Swords (in hopes and fears position - which I was extremely heartbroken and it was a definite break up so I it makes sense this card popped up, but not sure why in this position?)

Lovers card upside down (in the environment position - I interpret this as our relationship being upside down and not how it should be going or how I expected it to be or one of us having to choose between something in our immediate environment and love). I need help interpreting this one in this position.

The Death card was in the immediate future position (made me think this is a temporary break up, new beginning for our relationship, new cycle starting in our relationship).

Page of Wands was the final outcome (I thought I would hear from him and he would want to get back together or bring so called "good news.")

My friend who read the cards basically sees it as temporary, but definite break up, but said good news coming and I will hear from him again. Would you interpret this as a final break up or does the Page of Wands indicate reconciliation?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi calisunshine,

Most Celtic Cross spreads are 10 cards. You've listed 6 cards. Per the Forum Posting Rules, the maximum number of cards you may list and/or discuss in Using Tarot Cards is half, so in this case 5. Please edit your opening post appropriately.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

calisunshine

Ok I edited my post

Laurelle

I don't see reconcilliation in the cards. Death is never temporary. Death is pretty final. You don't go back after something dies.

Lovers reversed indicates that he made his decision and it is not what you wanted. Reversed lovers can also indicate a breakup.

So you have three breakup cards: Death, RX lovers, 3 of Swords

I think Page of Wands could indicate that you'll meet someone new and exciting. It can also indicate that you will be over this breakup quicker than you realize.

Maybe you could post the entire reading in My Readings section? That way someone can look at all the cards and get a better understanding.

calisunshine

@Laurelle

Very interesting. I have had the Death card show up in readings before (with other relationships) and I still heard from the guy/had another shot with him, thought there was no reconciliation because I no longer wanted one/was over it by then.

Laurelle

Yes, exactly. It was over. He may have come back, but you didn't resume the same relationship.

thequeeralien

I think the Death card in the immediate future position is pretty obvious that it's all ending and it's time to change or move on

Thirteen

I have had the Death card show up in readings before (with other relationships) and I still heard from the guy/had another shot with him
Death means that what you had is dead. It also means something else will take it's place. But what takes its place will not be the same. Perhaps it will be similar enough (with the same guy, say) to satisfy you. Or maybe not.

But it sounds like you've worked out the message of your reconciliation reading. There will be "good news"—which given the question would seem to affirm some kind of reconciliation, and though the relationship won't be as it was, it will be the start of something new between the two of you.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

calisunshine, as you have read my PM but have not acted on it, you owe feedback to the people who've taken time out of their lives to post in this thread trying to help you. Please reciprocate by taking the time to provide them feedback.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

calisunshine

@thequeeralien - I do not have such a negative connotation with the death card - I view it more as a transformation card. I have read blogs where people get the death card in relationship readings only to get proposed to later, or are getting married soon. It just means a change from what was to something different. I do think that when this card pops up, this transformation will be sudden, painful, and life-changing.

@thirteen - it was not really a "reconciliation" reading (I probably should have titled the post something else), we asked "what do I need to know next about this relationship?" rather than "will we get back together," (I don't think I want to ask the Tarot such specific questions) and I think the cards told me exactly what was happening then - a difficult break up. The "good news" part has not come to fruition yet.

Thank you all for your help. I will post updates if/when any changes/events take place.