if I am only to own one Marseille...

DeToX

Sounds like a rounded corner version would be much more expensive given the man hours involved...

Yves Le Marseillais

Money or not money is not a question

Sounds like a rounded corner version would be much more expensive given the man hours involved...

Hello,

Yes it should.

But.... I can decide to works for free and pleasure to share.

In fact it's a personal decision because I don't need Tarot for living and pay my food and other material stuff.

I will see how long it takes.

Best

Yves

Nina*

I'd pick the Dodal by Flornoy any day; it's been my top favorite TdM for years.

I also really like the CBD, Jodo-Camoin, Noblet and Spanish.

Inconnu

Hello Inconnu,

You know what: To spread this old historical decks and informs a large group of fellows about this very nice and detailed decks, I could may be propose the TWO version:

Square corners for collectionners: To preserve a real facsimile philosophy.

Small radius rounded decks (I think 2 mm is best compromise option): To please tarologists who use decks for spreads.

But this rounded decks should be hand finished by...... myself as an additional process to my already individual process of checking decks card by card, packaging with old wrapper (I had to print by myself on my good old A 3 printer with this Nepal handmade paper).

I will try for one or two decks I promises and will see how long and good is result.
If it works well and if YOU folks ask for this special version, I could propose it for ALL my facsimiles (past and future ones).

Same prize of course in spite this additional job: I imagine myself already cutting 80 cards per deck: 4 corners x 80 = 320 operations hum........ Only a crazy Tarot Geek like me could do this for sure ha ha ha !!!

Yves "Nut"

I like it! Thanks for being receptive to the suggestion.

A pack with genuine historic images that would hold up to daily use for years would be wonderful. While you would have to deviate from a pure facsimile it would open up the practical use to many more.

I appreciate the care & detail you put into your packs. These historic images would be nothing but pictures in books if not for the independent card makers like you Yves.

DeToX

Hello,

Yes it should.

But.... I can decide to works for free and pleasure to share.

In fact it's a personal decision because I don't need Tarot for living and pay my food and other material stuff.

I will see how long it takes.

Best

Yves

What a guy!

DeToX

I appreciate the care & detail you put into your packs. These historic images would be nothing but pictures in books if not for the independent card makers like you Yves.

More like only a part of a given deck reproduced in a book in b/w and/or poor resolution (better than nothing) - or not at all. The University Libraries are a great help as are some enthusiast tarot web sites who publish pictures of their vintage decks, including Yves'.

Melanchollic

TESTIMONY -

I used to have a few different decks. I gave them all away, save one. Her name's Louise. I've been enjoying Louise for 12 years. She's been my only deck for 5 years. I clean her with talc. She still shuffles smooth, despite the stains. Louise is a Grimaud TdM.

[size=+1]Grimaud![/size]

They'll take a lickin', and keep on tickin'.

Aeric

I've just unwrapped my new CBD! What a beauty!

I've received decks from the US and Australia that took weeks to get here, but Yoav's shipment from Israel took just 9 days! Incredible.

Maybe it was my monitor's light, or the difference in my living room light, but the lighter green that I disliked about the CBD on screen is a bit darker in person, a wonderful shade conducive to meditation for me. I think that if the difference is this noticeable, the considerably darker green of Cam-Jo would be extremely murky in person.

I'll get used to the different faces. They're really not too different from the originals. It's really a matter of working with the deck over time and absorbing it, whereas before it was in a competition against others. Now that it's my definitive Marseille deck, it'll be the one to which I adjust. And I've bought the book to help.

I hope the next person can choose their single Marseille confidently!

Freddie

I have to go with Fournier 'Tarot De Marseille' as my favourite. I own a lot of different TDM packs, but this one always holds my attention. This is a version of the Grimaud deck, but only more colourful. I must admit I haven't bought or seen a traditional TDM deck that I don't like.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/marseille-fournier/

Freddie