wooden cards Marseille deck

garmonbozia

Look up "Hardwood Playing Cards" on Kickstarter.

One of the deck choices is a Marseille-style tarot deck. Very cool.

Only 7 days left in the campaign.

DeToX

Looks like a one colour version of the 1760 or 61 Conver. Shouldn't this post be in the Advertisements section if it's referring to Kickstarter?

garmonbozia

I don't think so since I'm not advertising. It's not mine. Just wanted to share something I came across that I thought was cool, which is sort of what this place is about.

garmonbozia

It is a Conver, it's mentioned somewhere on the page. If not on the main page details, it's in one of the updates.

Anyone else getting one of these? I cannot decide on which type of wood to pick, and they are planning on sending the surveys very shortly after the end of the campaign.

I can't wait to use these! I want to hear the sound they make when they click on the table. I wish I could afford to get multiple decks. some of the game decks would be great to have as well, but for now I'll have to be content with just a tarot deck. Can be used to play pretty much any game if I wish, I guess.

mrpants

I've been stalking these...

Man, I hope you love them. I simply can't buy these right now. My collection is so, SO dialed to essentials, I'm not reading that much right now, and life just threw me a rather large, professional curve ball.

But, the wood! Here's my votes (and for the love of all that's good, POST PIX!!) :

Ash, Maple, White Oak. I'm sad that Birch isn't an option; maybe it doesn't slice that thin very well. I'm no woodworker. I'm leaning heavily toward Maple, but White Oak calls loudly.

Also, I'll mention Walnut here, because it's one of my favorite woods. Personally, I think the deck would look better on a light wood. If you want to go darker, go with this one. It's so pretty.

Have fun, and holler at us when it arrives!

-Corey

garmonbozia

The wood choice is for the back only. The fronts will be the same light wood regardless of back choice.

Initially I was going to pick cedar for the scent, but then when looking at the different indexes for wood types, I think I am leaning towards cherry. I think the dark backs and light fronts will accent each other well. Wish I could afford the upgrade to Rosewood or Zebrawood.

I really like Walnut as well. decisions, decisions....

I'll post pics as soon as I get them, but it could be months! It'll be like Christmas in July :)