seeking Camoin-Jodorowsky in the U.S.??

bandido

(Hope I'm posting this in the right place...apologies if not...)

I live in the continental United States. I would like to purchase the Camoin Marseilles deck from somebody (non-retailer) in the continental United States. Would this require attaching a "finder's fee" to the request - and, if so, what would be the anticipated time frame for (firstly) the request and U.S. funds to get to you, (secondly) you ordering the deck, (thirdly) the deck arriving from overseas, and (finally) forwarding it on to myself? The U.S. price, the timeframe involved, and whether the aforementioned is feasible. That's what I'm asking.

Or, can any U.S.-based bookstore special order it for me - without having to wait to for any "pending" orders already in process - and advise of total U.S. price and turnaround time? Thanks.

Kissa

have you tried Tarot Garden? even if it is not currently listed, Jeannette will help you to trace one.

i have a copy, i don't like that deck so much but because it's availability and price vary very much, i've decided to keep it. if i can help you order one from france though, i'll do that with pleasure. i've done it a few times before.

Paul

I am not sure your motivation behind pursuing the deck within the U.S., but keep in mind that it is easy to order from French Camoin's website http://www.camoin-cie.com/ and the order is filled and sent in a timely manner.
Also, the Canadian website Valet D'Coeur http://levalet.com/ offers the deck, as well. I typically order this deck from Camoin.

Jeannette

We've tried ordering it for Tarot Garden inventory, but initially the publishers did not respond to our inquiry. Later on they did, but by that time, we'd moved on to focusing on other priorities. We're going to take another run at it sometime this year; anyone who wants to buy a copy on this side of the pond is welcome to email or PM me to get on the "notify" list.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

bandido

Paul said:
I am not sure your motivation behind pursuing the deck within the U.S., but keep in mind that it is easy to order from French Camoin's website http://www.camoin-cie.com/ and the order is filled and sent in a timely manner.
Also, the Canadian website Valet D'Coeur http://levalet.com/ offers the deck, as well. I typically order this deck from Camoin.

*..sigh..* I would like the simplicity and convenience of getting something delivered to and from the same place - where I live - which is the same reason many people get their DVD's from Netflix in the U.S. Do you ask someone with Netflix, "What's your motivation for getting a Catherine Deneuve movie here rather than directly from France?" No. Of course not.

Whether it's "easy" to order directly from Camoin is an entirely subjective opinion and a non sequitur to the issue at hand (getting the deck domestically.) I don't begrudge your preferences. Please don't begrudge mine, ok? I can only imagine how many other U.S.-based Marseilles readers give up looking for Camoin stateside because of the skepticism and near-derision with which those inquiries are met. Thanks. :)

Paul

Bandido, I meant no offense, but I evidently did offend. I am sorry. Clearly, my original post was poorly worded.

I merely wished to assuage any concerns you may have had about ordering internationally being arduous (from my p.o.v.); obviously all I have to offer is my p.o.v., which is the nature of a forum.

Notwithstanding, it would be nice to go to my local Borders for this deck.

Fulgour

seek and ye shall find

bandido said:
Or, can any U.S.-based bookstore special order it for me - without having to wait to for any "pending" orders already in process - and advise of total U.S. price and turnaround time? Thanks.
I bought a (like new) copy of the Jodo-Camoin on Friday,
and it arrived today ~ Wednesday...altogether under 20.

I want to say "thanks bandido" for motivating me to look!
Availability looked to be rather limited at the moment and
when I found this offer it seemed like it was 'time' to buy.

tmgrl2

I have ordered several directly from France using my AE...the exchange and final total including shipping was quite reasonable. I bought a few at once, including the minis and have used some for trading or gifts.

terri

Fulgour

tmgrl2 said:
I have ordered several directly from France using my AE...the exchange and final total including shipping was quite reasonable. I bought a few at once, including the minis and have used some for trading or gifts.
If you keep being so :) wonderful (and please don't ever stop!)
you're going to end up warming my heart to the Hadar... maybe.

Who is Hadar? what is he, that all our swains commend him?

Abrac

I ordered this deck today from the Camoin Web site. It is as user-friendly as any that are out there. The only thing that threw me a little was the Euro thingie. Apparently the comma in Euros is the equvalent of a decimal point (22,55 = 22.55). On the registation form they ask for the Postal Code (Zip Code) before the city and state, which seemed a little strange, but in the end, it all came out like it is supposed to.

The deck was listed for 22,55 Euros but is actually selling for 18,55. I've had good luck with Yahoo's curency converter for converting to US Dollars.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u

-fof