Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

CBD Tarot de Marseille - new Conver restoration

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Le Mat

Richard 

My CBD came today. It took only twelve days to get here from Tel Aviv. It is colorful and beautiful, exactly what I had hoped for.

תודה ד"ר יואב בן דב

Richard
Top   #51
Resident

Yoav Ben-Dov 
Smile תודה

thank you richard, and the other participants who commented on the cards, for your kind words!

i have also opened a page for the cbd cards
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/cbd-marseille

i hope someone who already got the cards would write a review..

have a wonderful day!

Top   #52
Citizen

starlightexp 

I think this deck , but far, is the most accessible of the Marseilles that I have used. It's got such wonderful vibe to it. It's old without being stuffy. I just pulled it out today for a reading on a client and she loved the deck and the deck loved me. For the first time I used a Marseilles and it just flowed. I can't say enough wonderful things about this deck. The colors and the gentler expressions make all the difference ... might need to order some for Yule gifts
Top   #53
sporadic magic

Debra 

I ordered one, too, and just watched the interview in which I understand not one single word but the love comes through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9CBN...eature=related

eta: This one is especially insightful; English titles. http://www.youtube.com/user/ybd2006#p/u/1/LYkK5BKI5mo
I wish more people would talk about art this way.
Top   #54
believer in magic

Sulis 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightexp View Post
I think this deck , but far, is the most accessible of the Marseilles that I have used. It's got such wonderful vibe to it. It's old without being stuffy. I just pulled it out today for a reading on a client and she loved the deck and the deck loved me. For the first time I used a Marseilles and it just flowed. I can't say enough wonderful things about this deck. The colors and the gentler expressions make all the difference ... might need to order some for Yule gifts
This is exactly what I think about this lovely deck too.. It's friendly and the readings just flow. I'm not constantly thinking 'what's the number and what's the element?' as I was when I used a TdM before. I'm just reading the cards and they're making sense.
It's a lovely, lovely deck.
Top   #55
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
I ordered one, too, and just watched the interview in which I understand not one single word but the love comes through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9CBN...eature=related

eta: This one is especially insightful; English titles. http://www.youtube.com/user/ybd2006#p/u/1/LYkK5BKI5mo
I wish more people would talk about art this way.
I loved watching this! thanks for posting Debra. I didn't understand either but loved watching him speak! Yoav Ben-Dov, you come across wonderfully on the TV!

I've already said it but I'll say it again;: great deck, lovely vibe
Top   #56
Citizen

starlightexp 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis View Post
This is exactly what I think about this lovely deck too.. It's friendly and the readings just flow. I'm not constantly thinking 'what's the number and what's the element?' as I was when I used a TdM before. I'm just reading the cards and they're making sense.
It's a lovely, lovely deck.

I think that it's good to have decks like this that are very steeped in the original but give a little bit to the modern printing abilities to keep the tradition fresh and alive. I can't tell you just how excited this makes me to be able to read with a TdM
Top   #57
Citizen

Lee 

I've had this deck for a few weeks and I like it a lot. It's perfect for someone like me who likes the cheerful coloring but not the self-indulgent symbolic additions of the Camoin-Jodorowsky.

The one departure from the lines of the Conver is the faces. They've been somewhat streamlined, and many of the figures have slight smiles. I have ambivalent feelings about this. It does make the deck a pleasant one to use, and perhaps would be a good deck to use with querents who may be apprehensive about tarot. On the other hand, the facial expressions on the original Conver are what make that deck so perfect.

I do feel that there is room for variety among Marseille decks, and the CBD certainly deserves to occupy a place among the top contenders. My favorite Marseille decks currently are my 1970s Grimaud, the CBD, and the two Flornoy decks. Yoav has done a great job in producing this deck. And it's very nice to see a deck from Israel!
Top   #58
Jedi

Zephyros 

I've been looking to expand my deck collection to Marseilles-style decks and this is one I've had my eye on. Where is sold in Israel?
Top   #59
Le Mat

Richard 

Quote:
Originally Posted by closrapexa View Post
I've been looking to expand my deck collection to Marseilles-style decks and this is one I've had my eye on. Where is sold in Israel?
Dr. Yoav Ben-Dov is in Tel Aviv. Here is a web address: http://www.bendov.info/index.html
Top   #60

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.