The hermit as outcome in a relationship

dianne_24

I was doing a reading 4 myself and the hermit come up as the outcome in my relationship with my partner if i stay with him. Should i read this that i will end up lonely in the end?

WalesWoman

My freind had this come up as the result for her relationship too, but would it really be loneliness or stepping back a bit to gain some wisdom, take stock of the situation before going back into it with resolve? Rather than jumping in heedlessly like the fool, really examining your feelings, that maybe both of you do this, what you need to learn about yourself and each other, what you have to teach each other. It could be that you will see each other as a beacon of light in this cold dark world.

ncefafn

Or that if you two stay together, you'll hunker down in your home and become one of those old boring couples who only talk to each other. :)

Simone

First of all, Welcome, Dianne24! I hope you enjoy the forums!

In order to help you, it would be useful to me if you could post the wole spread, to see what the other cards indicated...

My first thought was - are you somehow suppressing your own true self in this partnership? This could also lead to a Hermit outcome: that you feel lonely in this relationship because parts of you cannot be expressed fully?

Love
Simone

caridwen

Yes can you post the rest of the cards? They have different meanings within their context in the spread. It could mean going within yourself to look for answers. Maybe you have too many expectations of the relationship, you expect it to make you whole or happy which no other person can do. You will need to look for answers to your own feelings of unhappiness or something missing. It could mean you are searching for the 'perfect' mate but alas that doesn't exist. You have to find it within yourself.

It can have so many meanings - I am probably totally off mark because I am 'blindly' reading - there is no context:)

dianne_24

hi there everyone

thanks 4 the replies! The whole spread as follows:

1 judgement-central issue
2 2 cups - opposing factor
3 5 cups - root cause
4 king pentacles - past
5 the hierophant - attitudes and beliefs
6 10 swords - future
7 the fool - as u r as u see yourself
8 the star - outside enviroment
9 the chariot - guidence
10 the hermit - outcome

Thanks 2 any1 that replies :)

RedMaple

dianne_24 said:
thanks 4 the replies! The whole spread as follows:

Here is how I would read these cards:

1. judgement-central issue
2. 2 cups - opposing factor

There is some decision that's already been made regarding this relationship, though perhaps only subconsciously. Your feelings may be blinding you to this at this time.

3. 5 cups - root cause

Have there been losses in the past that make you expect the worse? It is possible that you cannot see anything good left to this relationship because of past experiences.

4 king pentacles - past

A court card, so I'm not sure if this is you or the other person, but I would read this as a sense of stability, perhaps someone who has a steadyness to them, perhaps financially successful.

5 the hierophant - attitudes and beliefs
The hierophant here indicates a fairly conventional set of beliefs in regard to relationships. Perhaps there is a sense that relationships should lead to marriage, or that there are particular roles that should be played by each person. Is there a way for you to think outside the box? To see this relationship without the pressure of living up to some outside set of expectations?

6. 10 swords - future

The ten of swords in the near future would seem to mean that things will get worse before they get better. On the other hand, the ten is the worst it will get, so this can also indicate an end to the pain. You've already gone through the worst of it.

7 the fool - as u r as u see yourself
Are you seeing yourself as being foolish or naive in this relationship? Are you kidding yourself about something? Are you going ahead despite dangers you refuse to see? or alternately, Does it feel too good to be true?

8 the star - outside enviroment
The Star in the outside environment suggests to me that you will receive support, comfort, and inspiration from outside this relationship, rather than from the relationship itself.

9 the chariot - guidence
This is the card of movement. You need to move in some way. This could mean leaving the relationship. However, it could also mean getting out into the world, and not relying on the relationship for every need you have. Remember the Star? It's outside the relationship. You have to find what's best for you, what nourishes you, whether you stay in this relationship or not.

10 the hermit - outcome

In this case I think the Hermit is that inner guide you need to consult. Do you want to stay or go? Are you both getting enough alone-time to be able to really be there for each other when you are together?

You asked if this card means that you will just be left lonely. Being a Hermit doesn't necessarily mean being lonely. You can be more lonely in a relationship that isn't working than you are on your own.

I don't think any reading can predict the future -- just indicate possibilities, and help you think more about your choices. I hope this reading of your cards is helpful.

Thanks 2 any1 that replies :)[/QUOTE]