Bought this book [Tarot of the Spirit] in a used book shop...help?

shemsu sutekh

Hey, all. I live literally nextdoor to this little hole in the wall used book shop. I go there often to check their spiritual/metaphysical section as people trade books in often enough, and I picked up this book. It goes with a deck, but I can't find any information on it.

It's called Tarot of the Spirit, by Pamela Eakins PH.D. It's thick, over 400 pages, printed in 1992. Evidently the book and the deck are both out of print. I was able to find one book and deck set on ebay for 98$.

Does anyone know where I can find this deck? Does anyone have it and can tell me how it reads/what it's like? Any advice or suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Picture37.jpg

WolfSpirit

Hope you enjoy the book !
I love the Tarot of the Spirit deck, but I think the book is also useful if you decide not to work with this deck...lots of information that you do not find in the average tarot book.
Good luck finding the deck - I did not realise it was out of print. I bought a copy not too long ago, for the normal price of a deck. Don't pay too much for it, I think it is not a very popular deck so there should still be cheap copies around.

Emily

I didn't realise the Tarot of the Spirit was OOP either - I've always loved this deck but find it really hard to work with. I think the images really hit a nerve in me somewhere and I get stuck with the deck interpretations.

It's the only deck that within five minutes of opening, I'd got it packed up ready to go back but it was late in the evening and the post office was shut or I would have got it back there and then. Instead I opened it again the next day and decided to try to work with it. And it did gradually grow on me, all the swirling colours - its very surreal but that doesn't make it any easier for me to read with. But its one of those decks that make you work. :)

Good luck in finding your deck shemsu sutekh.

Sulis

Tarot Garden have Tarot of the Spirit in stock for $18.

It is a very well done deck.. I haven't used mine for ages but it's not a deck I'd consider trading. The images are very evocative.

celeste

I have this deck...and I only paid about $5.00 US for it on ebay at the time (a few years ago).
I don't use it but I am not trading or selling anymore-there were too many problems the last time I did it.

Good luck in your search, surely you can find one that is cheaper. The ebay one sounds over-priced to me.