Rider-Waite in a tin box?

Laura Borealis

Sweet!

No Centennial yet, but I'm sure it will follow...

December_Empress

Sweet!

No Centennial yet, but I'm sure it will follow...

Exactly! Thanks for mentioning this on the other thread; it was your post that drove me over here.

Storm82

if anyone get one of these tin decks, would like to know what you think of it

Calcifer

I emailed customer service at US Games, and they said the "PCS Commemorative in a Tin" will be on their website during the beginning of May :)

Michael

rachelcat

So now I have to decide: Radiant or Centennial? (I don't think I need both . . .) The only tin deck I have now is the Halloween. And I need another!

I have the regular Centennial kit, so I think I'll go for the Radiant. It's on Amazon now, btw. Now, what can I add to my Amazon order to make it all worthwhile . . .?

Emily

I hope Amazon UK have this Centennial in a tin in - I keep checking but if they don't have it, then I will have to look further afield. I don't have any other decks in their own tins, only the pocket Universal Waite in a sturdy box and I am really looking forward to the Centennial in a tin. :)

Madrigal

if anyone get one of these tin decks, would like to know what you think of it

I recently got the Radiant in a tin. The cards are smaller than I realized but whole thing is nicely done. The tin gives a kind of retro feel. The repro is vibrant, well done. On the back is a royal blue with a picture of the Magician though he shares space with the large isbn number and USGames info. On either end is the winged lion from the Two of Cups. The cards themselves are very nice, not glossy or slick (like the Universal Waite). All in all I really like it. A Centennial tin would be awesome.

Rhinemaiden

I just ordered the Radiant in a tin.... I have other USG decks in tins (Halloween, Gummy Bears, Vanessa) and look foward to receiving this one. :D Thanks for this thread! :thumbsup:

gregory

Bah. Amazon UK is out of stock !

Ditto German and French. Maybe I blew it !

Le Fanu

There's an ebay uk seller that has some, gregory. Easy to find if you search ebay (although I think the seller might be in Poland on reflection).

I was tempted by this but as I don't really like the Radiant, I'd be buying it more for the tin. I wish it was a favourite deck of mine as decks in tins are so loveable.

However - top tip - do as I do - buy chocolates in tins and gorge compulsively so as to have a stash of empty tins for decks. Amattler of Barcelona do some lovely tins and Sorini of Italy do a gorgeous tin with cherubs which perfectly fits the full size RWS (whether it's the Original, blue box plaid backs, Universal Waite etc.)