How to use crystal ball?

Radke

I recently got a crystal ball. I've read in some places that it is best to use a CLEAR crystal quartz (I have this) But now others are saying that you should get ones with clouds, bubbles, etc. to easily form symbols.

For sometime I sepdn 20-30 minutes a day gazing into it. I have seen purple aura, and I MIGHT have seen an axe, but that is about it.
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I have cleansed it with a gentle cloth and soap/water.

Can anyone give me advice about what I should do? I'm hoping to start seeing some sort of symbols.

tarotbear

You might want to search for threads on 'scrying.'

Starri Knytes

It feels to me like you're trying to hard, but I am short on time right now so I will message more later. K

danieljuk

Hi Radke, I started trying to scry in Halloween 2012. I use black bowls of water and don't own a crystal ball as yet. People from here (esp Tarotbear) gave some great advice that I have used in my own work scrying.

The trick I think to it is to "practice" scrying for short periods but regularly. I try and have a go at least once a month. This isn't a skill where you look and suddenly it comes to you, it takes time and work, like tarot learning. It's about practising with it.

This is my own way of doing it and you might want to experiment for what works for you personally but just wanted to give you an idea :) .....

I find it best in a dark room with no lights. I have candle light only in the room and 2 tall pillar candles on a table. I have the bowl of water (or in your case the crystal ball) on the table. I move around the candles to provide the best light on it. It takes a while to move the light around, it's not direct light but illuminates it. I meditate, make sure I am calm and relaxed and empty my mind before starting.

The trick to it is to look into the ball (or water) and to look "through it". your eyes start to blur in the front and you look through it. For me it starts to have smoke or a mist. I have tried this many many times and most of the time I just get the clouds forming stage.

A good piece of advice that I was given on AT, is that it really tires your eyes out! so don't do this for too long. Also you are not really staring, you are letting everything relax. I don't think I can do it for more than 5 or 10 mins at a go. Don't even try it if you are already tired or stressed at the start of it or very late at night.

After about 8 attempts of this, I am starting to get images! my first image was a stalactite! the things in caves that hang down. I looked it up online and you can search google for dream symbol websites or art symbol type places and my symbols tend to be really positive about life change for me.

Always keep a pen and paper nearby to really quickly scribble down things. I don't think anymore about the symbols or look them up till I have finished the scrying.

You have to try this in short regular bursts and it does improve with practise :)

Padma

awesome tips, Danieljuk, thanks for that! :love:

I used to scry with black bowl and water, but just recently got a crystal ball, I am looking forward to really trying it! The booklet that came with suggests also to look - through the ball, and not at it...(so far I have tried for a very short time, I have seen a man on a horse - Rider, like Lenormand, maybe?)

But I also think it is true, it needs time, patience, and practice. Like any skill, it has to be sharpened with use...what I remember about my scrying bowl days is that you have to just kind of relax and let go as you stare, and then the images begin to come. Being relaxed and slightly unfocused seems pretty key!

Good luck, Radke! :)

celticnoodle

I recently got a crystal ball. I've read in some places that it is best to use a CLEAR crystal quartz (I have this) But now others are saying that you should get ones with clouds, bubbles, etc. to easily form symbols.

For sometime I sepdn 20-30 minutes a day gazing into it. I have seen purple aura, and I MIGHT have seen an axe, but that is about it.
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I have cleansed it with a gentle cloth and soap/water.

Can anyone give me advice about what I should do? I'm hoping to start seeing some sort of symbols.

Radke, welcome to scrying!

first of all, one can scry with pretty much anything, and if you choose to have a crystal ball--it doesn't matter if it is clear or has clouds, bubbles, etc. in it. One should choose a ball that attracts them. You could choose a colored crystal ball- (many have) and I've known people to scry with very dark crystal balls---where you can't see anything BUT black! You can also choose to scry with a plain bowl of water--or a bowl of water with ice in it! (like Daniel mentioned)

So, actually---I recommend choosing a ball you are attracted to.

Next, don't spend hours on end staring into your ball. In fact, don't stare at it at all. Look into the ball, sure, but you are allowed to blink and you are allowed to hold the ball and move it around in your hands or to just look into it while it is sitting on a stand. Again--it depends on how YOU are most comfortable scrying.

To begin with, it is better if you spend only a few minutes at a time looking into the crystal ball. Get use to it. If you spend too much time--you can end up giving yourself a massive headache and that is not good! So, continue looking into your ball and at the moment you begin to get a headache or eye ache--or ANY kind of discomfort, quit and put the ball away for another try at another time.

take your time with it. enjoy your time with it. get to know your 'tool'. because the crystal ball is going to be like anything else you divine with. tarot cards, oracle cards, a pendulum, etc. it is a TOOL.

it may be helpful to get a dream dictionary, because generally people see pictures in them and using a dream dictionary MIGHT help you to decipher the meanings of these pictures.

Most people first see clouds before they see anything else. Don't be alarmed if you see clouds for a long time before much of anything else--though, you've already had a great start, I think, since you saw a color and a picture. Look up what axe could mean for you-and you may see that seeing this picture is quite meaningful for what is going on in your life. same with the color.

There is a wonderful book out there about crystal ball gazing, that I use to recommend to everyone to invest in, but I cannot recall the title now to save my life. I'll have to go through my collection to find it and come back to tell you. It was not very big nor very expensive and is readily available online. My kind of book!

I have many crystal balls of all shapes and sizes and colors. I have one the size of a small marble and one as large as a softball. I prefer the marble sized one to be honest. the softball one is heavy and gets cumbersome. But then, crystal ball gazing turned out to not be my cup of tea either. I much prefer other forms of divination. But, my daughter is great with her crystal balls and every now and again I get into it and try and will see things.

So, my advice to you is to don't give up yet--keep going at it, but for only a short time each time you do. Keep a journal of what you experience (another thing I am bad at) and perhaps get a dream dictionary-or find one online. Keep it fun though-because as soon as it is anything like 'work' - it gets to be very ho - hum boring! And do NOT push yourself. You really don't want to end up with a gazing headache. ouch!

Radke

You might want to search for threads on 'scrying.'

I have, thank you :)
I just thought there would be a problem with mine because it is a clear quartz

Radke

Hi Radke, I started trying to scry in Halloween 2012. I use black bowls of water and don't own a crystal ball as yet. People from here (esp Tarotbear) gave some great advice that I have used in my own work scrying.

The trick I think to it is to "practice" scrying for short periods but regularly. I try and have a go at least once a month. This isn't a skill where you look and suddenly it comes to you, it takes time and work, like tarot learning. It's about practising with it.

This is my own way of doing it and you might want to experiment for what works for you personally but just wanted to give you an idea :) .....

I find it best in a dark room with no lights. I have candle light only in the room and 2 tall pillar candles on a table. I have the bowl of water (or in your case the crystal ball) on the table. I move around the candles to provide the best light on it. It takes a while to move the light around, it's not direct light but illuminates it. I meditate, make sure I am calm and relaxed and empty my mind before starting.

The trick to it is to look into the ball (or water) and to look "through it". your eyes start to blur in the front and you look through it. For me it starts to have smoke or a mist. I have tried this many many times and most of the time I just get the clouds forming stage.

A good piece of advice that I was given on AT, is that it really tires your eyes out! so don't do this for too long. Also you are not really staring, you are letting everything relax. I don't think I can do it for more than 5 or 10 mins at a go. Don't even try it if you are already tired or stressed at the start of it or very late at night.

After about 8 attempts of this, I am starting to get images! my first image was a stalactite! the things in caves that hang down. I looked it up online and you can search google for dream symbol websites or art symbol type places and my symbols tend to be really positive about life change for me.

Always keep a pen and paper nearby to really quickly scribble down things. I don't think anymore about the symbols or look them up till I have finished the scrying.

You have to try this in short regular bursts and it does improve with practise :)

Thank you very much for the tips :)
You are right, I do most often gaze into it. All of a sudden it will then blurry and the ball turns into a very visible gray for a long period of time. But nothing really happens after :(

Maybe it's because I don't use a candle. Do I HAVE to use a candle with my clear quartz? Because I have a smoke detector in my room and I don't want it to go out all the time :/

Radke

awesome tips, Danieljuk, thanks for that! :love:

I used to scry with black bowl and water, but just recently got a crystal ball, I am looking forward to really trying it! The booklet that came with suggests also to look - through the ball, and not at it...(so far I have tried for a very short time, I have seen a man on a horse - Rider, like Lenormand, maybe?)

But I also think it is true, it needs time, patience, and practice. Like any skill, it has to be sharpened with use...what I remember about my scrying bowl days is that you have to just kind of relax and let go as you stare, and then the images begin to come. Being relaxed and slightly unfocused seems pretty key!

Good luck, Radke! :)

Thank you! I'm so glad there are many people on the forum who know crystal ball as well. I'm becoming very good at tarot and other forms of astrology, so now I'm wanting to expand with crystals :)