Parent/Child/Family Spread (Or Glass Owl's Paternity Spread)

Glass Owl

Parent/Child/Family Spread aka Glass Owl's Paternity Spread (12) by Glass Owl

I came up with this free flowing spread a few months ago when I decided to do a spread on the paternity of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=75666

1-2-3-----10..........Row 1: The Mother
4-5-6-----11..........Row 2: The Father
7-8-9 ----12..........Row 3: The Child

The cards in each row offer information of some kind regarding the intended person.

Cards 10, 11, and 12 are clarifying or advice cards. Could also represent a present situation.

This spread, depending on its purpose, could be expanded to include other family members by adding additional rows.

StellarMyst

I'm Confused...!

Hello,

I seem to be slightly confused as to what this spread is used for. I DO NOT mean to bash it, but what sort/type of question(s) would this answer? I have individuals approach me often with personal/family issues, and I am always on the look-out for a really good spread for the topic. ;)

I suppose my question is in danger of meriting a few more of them...? So, I'll elaborate (just a bit):

1) Is there any particular significance to the positions of the card, or is this general personality?

2) Could this be used for a question regarding how one (we''ll say ...the dad--for the sake of example...?--I have no kids etc., so I have to take this from strictly an observance point-of-view) of the individuals listed is influenced by the others?

I know you said "free-flowing," but could the reader use whatever position-associations are necessary for the issue at hand?

I hope this reply is not cause for any...well... trouble. :)

Yours,

StellarMyst

Glass Owl

StellarMyst said:
I seem to be slightly confused as to what this spread is used for. I DO NOT mean to bash it, but what sort/type of question(s) would this answer?
Since I created it as a free flowing spread (no set position meanings) it can be used in a variety of ways. One is for paternity (see the thread that I mentioned above.) Another would be to get a tarot "snapshot" of a family. The questions are really for you to decide, since it would depend on the situation and why you are using the spread.

StellarMyst

I have read the entire thread in the "Your Readings" section at the link above and responded to it. It was a very insightful reading. ;) Yet, still...my questions continue to haunt me...

Thank you in advance for any input on my questions. :)

Yours,

StellarMyst

StellarMyst

Ooops! You beat me to the post! LOL You may disregard the "questions" part of my last post! :D

Thank you for posting both the reading, and the contents of this thread! :D

Yours,

StellarMyst

Glass Owl

StellarMyst said:
1) Is there any particular significance to the positions of the card, or is this general personality?
Each row represents a person. In my example, I have the mother, the father, and the child although the spread can be adapted. Let's say there are twins (two kids) in the situation. The spread can be changed--just add another row to the spread.

01-02-03-----13..........Row 1: The Mother
04-05-06-----14..........Row 2: The Father
07-08-09 ----15..........Row 3: The Child #1 (First Born)
10-11-12-----16..........Row 4: The Child #2 (Second Born)

Card 13, 14, 15, and 16 will be advice or clarifying cards for that row (that person).

The cards in a given row, taken together, will give you a "snapshot" of that person. I can't tell you exactly what each card will mean beyond the person that they represent. In another words, I can't tell you if card 5, for example, will be a past or future action of the father, be of "particular significance" or be a "general personality" trait of the father. But it will have something to do with the father and maybe it will be a clue of sorts if the father's identity is unknown.

In another words, the cards will tell you what you need to know, in my opinion.

StellarMyst said:
2) Could this be used for a question regarding how one of the individuals listed is influenced by the others?
If you're asking if you may find connections between family members, absolutely. Depends on the cards you are given. In my first reading with this spread I could tell that this child would have a strong bond with the father due to the cups cards in both of their rows. You can also look down the columns for connections or insight into how one person may influence or relate to another.

StellarMyst said:
I know you said "free-flowing," but could the reader use whatever position-associations are necessary for the issue at hand?
Well, this spread doesn't have specific card position meanings other than that each card refers to either the mother, father, or child. I designed it to be fluid, open--to let the cards speak to me. Someone could assign meanings to each card and/or column if they desired to do so though to personalize it or for a specific purpose.