Doreen Virtue's Conversion

gregory

Do we actually know if this one is true, though ?

Bscotty38

I too, watched that video in which she told her customers to get rid of The Ascended Masters book and cards. She also spoke very directly to her gay audience. Very fishy that the video has been removed. She said that a lot of the new age community "cherry picks" only the love and light from the bible. This angered me because fundamentalists also "cherry pick" and in my case, more so than the new agers. Anyway, all of this inspired me to leave some comments and questions on her instagram. I am very interested in what this means for her cards because she has at least 3 decks coming out this year. I find it hard to distinguish between her sincerity/integrity and her marketing techniques. Guess we'll see.

Disa

If you look closely, she has dollar signs in her eyes- similar to what Sylvia Browne had in hers the past few years before she died. She will go where the money takes her. The Angel market is saturated, lets try Tarot, I can't make Tarot work, lets be Christian...I got bad vibes from her from the beginning. Always Trust your vibes.

She should give all the money she made off divination to her Christian Church :)

banbha

If you look closely, she has dollar signs in her eyes- similar to what Sylvia Browne had in hers the past few years before she died. She will go where the money takes her. The Angel market is saturated, lets try Tarot, I can't make Tarot work, lets be Christian...I got bad vibes from her from the beginning. Always Trust your vibes.

I think your vibes are correct. Christian market = Big Bucks

She should give all the money she made off divination to her Christian Church :)
Ha! Fat chance.

She has some nerve telling people to throw away a deck they paid $ for, she should be offering refunds to all who send her their copy of Ascended Masters deck. It came from her influence after all. })

Village Witch

She has some nerve telling people to throw away a deck they paid $ for, she should be offering refunds to all who send her their copy of Ascended Masters deck. It came from her influence after all. })

I love it! :-D

I was never a Doreen Virtue fan. It made me laugh when Anne Rice converted too. I am not dissing anyone's beliefs, but she didn't give away all the money she made on her vampire books.

I have a Sylvia Brown deck. Someone gave it to me. Never used it. I am not a fan of angels. I need to find someone to gift it to.

Genna

I love it! :-D

I was never a Doreen Virtue fan. It made me laugh when Anne Rice converted too. I am not dissing anyone's beliefs, but she didn't give away all the money she made on her vampire books.

Please, peace for Anne Rice. She was always a Catholic, but when her husband died, some priest told her her vampire books, the only catholic vampire books I know of, were sin. She tried to write only "christian books", got fed up, and is now, I believe an atheist. I hope she finds her belief again. The last vampire book "Prince Lestat" is the only atheist vampire book she wrote.

You couldn´t know this, I know because I´ve always read her books, and they were better when she was a catholic.
I agree totally with you on Doreen Virtue. She started with her Mary, Queen of Angels deck, continued with her Jesus deck, but how will she continue make money out of Christendom? As you say, the Angels market is sautered. The Saints deck?

gregory

She said that a lot of the new age community "cherry picks" only the love and light from the bible. This angered me because fundamentalists also "cherry pick" and in my case, more so than the new agers.
This from the woman who removed all the nasty stuff (Devil etc) from her Tarot decks....

Mythtaken

... Episcopal churches are very liberal and accepting but even still divination wouldn't be acceptable....at least not in any Episcopal churches I've been in. Maybe they are different in other areas.

There's actually quite a wide range of churches that spring from the American Episcopal tradition.

True, the main line, traditional Episcopal church, is quite liberal, open minded and accepting (not anti-LGBTQ, not racist).

On the other hand, a good many splinter groups have sprung up in recent decades specifically because they are NOT open minded and don't, for example, accept the idea that women could be priests within the Episcopal tradition. Some of these groups are really, really conservative, controlling and kind of scary.

I kind of hope that she hasn't joined one of the more closed minded groups.

I'm not really a fan of her work, not sure why, exactly, but it's never spoken to me.

Le Fanu

Please please please let this be true, please order all decks to be withdrawn from the market, disown them - but probably keep the royalties. I so hope this is true. I hope Hay House are frothing. I hope mainstream tarot gets back on track. I'm a bit skeptical of this whole rumour to be honest.