Vampire Tarot

G.I.R.

I think I may be a bit of a fanatic, but this is the deck I use. No picture links. Just looking for opinions from the few other people who have/use this deck. I for one really love the deck. I think my St. Petersburg deck is getting jealous. My only problem with my deck is that I perfer personal readings, and grow tired of doing my own. (None of the things I ask seem to turn out for the better, getting to the point where I'd rather not know.)(also, I don't get that strange feeling that I'm being Yoda, feeling of wisdom and power, when I do my own reading I just get all weak feeling like I'm gonna fall asleep. Reminder to self, start thread about strange weak feeling after self reading.) Let's just get opinions on the vampire tarot. Any info on that other stuff u can PM me.

jog1118

frankly speaking, i considered the vampire tarot being in my wishlist but changed my mind. i love all that horror stuff (vampires included) but i see the vampire tarot extremely negative with all the darkness and blood around.

i believe properly balanced decks are better to read with.

peace!!!

G.I.R.

Negativity...um...I disagree

Actually... I don't find it to be that negative at all. Once I actually used them I found that they aren't as negative as you would think. I don't know why, but it just isn't negative to me. I think it's cause it's easier to understand the vampiric veiw of life. Humanity is to complex. The vampires are instinctive. The need for blood can really compare to just about any human need/want. This is my reason that all the "good" cups cards are filled with blood. Once you understand the characters in the cards, they no longer seem so bad. Just misunderstood. Like Frankenstien's monster. Of coarse I have more sympathy for them because I am a collector of horror movies, and have found that in the most accurate vampire movies there is at least some point in time where the main vampire is reluctant or longs to be alive. If you watch the movie "Shadow of the Vampire" although it is a comedy, there are several serious scenes where you see how depressed the vampire truly is. The scene with the projector (there is a reel of a sunrise and the vampire wishes he could see one in reality) and the scene where he talks about the silverware (he talks about how embarassing it must have been for Count Dracula to have to atempt to set up silverware when he hadn't used it or seen it in use for hundreds of years). If you really look in to the deck you should at some point find that it's not just a deck of the macabre, but a deck of insight both through the cards and into the life of a vampire. Find a picture of the hermit and you'll know what I mean. It is a deck based on the most basic feelings, emotions, and instincts. It is also a very romantic deck in some points. Of coarse you can also see a very evil vampire if you look at the fool. Sorry to write so much over an opinion, but I just think that you may want to reconsider that opinion.

try this site
http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/vampire/index.html

jog1118

point well stated, as for me point well taken; i admit i hav'nt studied the cards in-depth.

Anyway, as a fellow tarot reader, i believe we interpret best with decks that truly have an impact on us regardless of artwork.

:smoker:

G.I.R.

true, true

true dat. love the smiley. I guess I just find my self on an emotional level with the vampires and feel a need to defend them even though real vampires aren't really like that.

Tallarico

I just got this deck today and I love it! It's gorgeous! It is suiting me well. My Sacred Rose deck will get jealous...
edited to say...The Major Arcana is stunning and the courts wow!

Demonesse

I love the colours :D The Queen of Wands would make a wonderful Lady Macbeth, and the King of Swords is my favourite - cold and aloof (though his Queen looks a bit - pardon the pun - batty.;))

Tallarico

Wow, Demonesse, King of Swords WOW! So far and I am sure it will change (and change back, LOL) I am loving The High Priestess, The Chariot, and Hanged Man. I really need to get to know this deck, but I am so fascinated by the Majors, it's difficult to leave them right now to look at the Minors! I just LOVE this deck!!! I can't emphasize that enough!

truthsayer

i've never seen more than a few of the vampire's cards until i looked through the link you posted. the deck has turned me off in the past but now i'm feeling differently. must be your enthusiasm and good publicity for the deck. (you don't happen to be the deck's creator? ;) )i guess i have vampire interests b/c my favorite books tend to be about vampires and other "children of the night". now that i've seen the cards i'm very intrigued about this deck. the colors are brighter than i thought they would be. the images are inventive. you've put me in a dangerous mood when i'm feeling weak about buying new decks... })

Demonesse

tallarino: My favourite Major is the Hermit. The deck doesn't always capture RWS-type meanings well, sorry to say - but the Hermit, somehow, carries off the contemplative, quiet gloom perfectly.