NEW.. Labyrinth tarot. Anyone seen it?

janstar17

Interesting images.

BlueLotus...thanks for posting some scans and for your take on the Labyrinth. I think I'm going to like this deck despite the small size...and hope to find it an good reading deck. I've never really been able to read with Royo's Black Tarot though I own a lot of decks I feel that way about!

annik

BlueLotus said:
Annik, I find the LT to be more user friendly than the BT as the images adhere to the tarot conventional meanings, and may speak for themselves without the reader having to resort to the LWB , and then to no avail anyway, or trying to decipher the images themselves to relate to the card's meaning .

In fact this new deck has already started growing on me, and I did a few readings with it yesterday and find them quite inspiring.

I haven't used it yet. Maybe my first impression will change over time. This is why I said I hope it will grow on me. I bought it firstly because of the art. I am thinking of taking a bit of time to get acquinted with this one.

truelighth

BlueLotus said:
I find the LT to be more user friendly than the BT as the images adhere to the tarot conventional meanings, and may speak for themselves without the reader having to resort to the LWB.

I totally agree with you on that BlueLotus. I just received the deck today. I had the book already and I just loved the images in there. I think it is a pity that the images on the cards are so small and a bit faint. The art would be worth a bigger format imo.

But to come back to readability. When I first looked in the book of the Labyrinth Tarot I was very excited to see that Luis Royo had created a real tarot this time. With the imagery and symbolism and all. The Black Tarot, although very pretty, always seemed to me more of a collection of his previous artwork then to actually be a deck. I can't imagine myself ever reading with it. But the Labyrinth Tarot is very suitable for reading imo.

Jaelle

I received this deck this morning! I ordered it from AlidaStore...

What can i say? I've never been a big fan of Royo's art. I've always thought it was too exaggerated and i didn't like the art on his previous deck at all. I never thought i would ever by anything by him but when i saw those few pictures on the AlidaStore website i knew it was the deck i was waiting for! I had wanted a sort of fantasy deck for a while but never found anything i really liked! This deck is very beautiful and a lot softer than Royo's older art! I love the colors he used and that touch of fantasy and esoterism he added to the deck! I also love the back of the cards! I only wish the pictures were bigger but on the other side the small size of the cards is very good for my tiny hands! I'm very happy with my purchase! And the price of this deck is also pretty cheap compared to other decks!

BlueLotus

This is for you Ros

In my opinion the backs are as glamorous as the fronts, and they may not show clearly here, but they are a tad bit lighter and shinier.

poivre

Thanks for the thread.

May have to order this deck.
It looks unique!

BlueLotus

ros said:
Thanks for the thread.

May have to order this deck.
It looks unique!

Oops, I have just noticed that the image of the back is featured in the link that solandia provided for the cards, thus deleted it .

Kissa

well, i could quote Jaelle's every word really.

i have never been a big fan of erotic-ish decks ;) and his BT leaves me cold but when i saw Solandia's new addition to the database, i was stunned! wow the colors on the majors!!! they seem to carry indeed quite an amount of symbolism and even if i am still sceptical with the way Royo chose to represent his queens and some other women, i think i am going to order the deck from Alida he he....

kissa

UniversalSeeker

I just received my signed limited deck. I thought this would have the book included
but it does not. I am very disappointed in the smallness of the cards
coupled with the faint images of the majors. The art work is so good, the box cover is wonderful and there was a small editorial book of outstanding art work, but the cards leave me wanting to use a magnifying glass to see all the details. The box is not very sturdy, I've opened my twice and it is starting to tear. I am happy to add this to my
collection but will not read with it.