Bird Cards

HearthCricket

bodhran said:
All those you listed are included, except the titmouse (there is a cute little nuthatch however :D).

Drats! The Titmouse is a favourite of mine. Ah, well...I can work with this! :D Going on the wishlist!!! Or maybe I will just buy it! Thank you! I appreciate it...and so do my fine feathered friends!!

Sammie

The Bird Signs Cards and The Bird Cards are two different decks. The ones I have are the Bird Cards. I decided to go with this deck after reading the reviews at JanetBoyer.com.

BodhiSeed

Sammie,
Is there a titmouse in the Bird Cards? Could you tell me how large the cards are for this deck? I have the Bird Signs deck, but have ordered this one today after seeing some of the scans. :D
Thank you!

Sammie

bodhran said:
Sammie,
Is there a titmouse in the Bird Cards? Could you tell me how large the cards are for this deck? I have the Bird Signs deck, but have ordered this one today after seeing some of the scans. :D
Thank you!

Hello Bodhran,

No, there is no Titmouse. The cards are 3.5 by 5.5 inches.

Here are all the birds included in the Bird Cards:

Pigeon, Swallow, Robin, Hawk, Dove, Sparrow, Parrot, Thrush, Blackbird, Crow, Peacock, Swan, Eagle, Owl, Stork, Lark, Nightingale, Ibis, Finch, Canary, Flamingo, Pelican, Kingfisher, Seagull, Heron, Duck, Penguin, Plover, Goose, Cormorant, Crane, Hummingbird, Sunbird, Vulture, Pheasant, Turkey, Lovebird, Phoenix, Cuckoo, Warbler, Roller, Oriole, Weaver, Partridge, Wagtail, Raven, Gannet, Shrike, Wren, Ostrich, Nightjar, Woodpecker, Rooster, Dodo and Bluebird of Happiness. There are 55 different birds altogether.

BodhiSeed

Thank you for taking the time to get all this information together, Sammie! :heart:

BodhiSeed

Here are the birds in the Bird Signs Oracle (since Sammie was so nice to list all the ones in the other deck :)):

Bluebird, Canary, Cardinal, Chickadee, Crane, Crow, Dove, Duck, Eagle, Flamingo, Goldfinch, Goose, Gull, Hawk, Heron, Hummingbird, Jay, Kingfisher, Lark, Loon, Lovebird, Mockingbird, Nuthatch, Oriole, Ostrich, Owl, Parrot, Peacock, Pelican, Penguin, Pheasant, Quail, Raven, Roadrunner, Robin, Rooster, Sparrow, Stork, Swallow, Swan, Turkey, Vulture, Waxwing, Woodpecker, Wren

Plus seven additional cards:
Wild Bird
Nutrition
Egg
Nest
Song
Feather
Migration

Sammie

A lot of the birds are the same! It would be very interesting to compare what each deck says about each bird.

Myrrha

Here are pictures from the Bird Signs oracle for comparison purposes.
http://www.janetboyer.com/Bird_Signs.html

One thing that annoys me is that the "Dove" card appears to be a pigeon. I know technically pigeons (Rock Doves) are in the family but still, to me they have different meanings. Mourning doves for instance (the only kind I've really seen alot) behave quite differently from pigeons.

I do like the idea of extra cards for birdish concepts like "egg" and "migration".

--Myrrha

Sammie

Tonight, I decided to draw another card from The Bird Card deck. It turned out to be the Canary - exactly what I needed to hear to feel better! So far, both times I've used this deck, the card I drew has been so apt.

Details of the draw are on my blog.

Myrrha

Wow, a strikingly beautiful and effective image. Thanks for posting it, Sammie. :)

The artists site is back up and you can order some of the cards as greeting cards. The pictures are not very close up though so you can't really see clearly what they look like.

http://www.birdcards.net/acatalog/Books.html

--Myrrha