What are some crystals for emotional balance?

ThtDancerGuy

What are some good crystals or stones for emotional balance? I have come across a handful of different stones in my books and the advice varied widely from source to source. I would love to hear suggestions from the community.

Hi Labhraín,

I think that it needs to be said before you go using all these recommended stones and discover that some don't work well with you as others may that it's not necessarily about the stone used, but about the relationship the user has with the particular stone and thus stone spirit. What I mean is that you can have a collection of 10 different stones/crystals that all have great properties in what you're looking for, but only 1 or 2 of them you feel are the most effective to work with. I have been a practicing Witch for a very long time, and I have been working with stones and crystals for as long as I can remember, so trust and believe when I say that it is not about just getting a stone and expecting it to do what everyone else says it will do. You need to establish a. some form of a rapport with it first and foremost, like a new friend, and b. you need to Charge it with your intention. Stones have a BILLION different properties in and of themselves, and people just expect them to do what they want them to without any proper guidance or direction... Charging the stone or crystal is basically instructing it to carry out your specific desired outcome.

But as far as recommendation for stones goes, anyone who said Amethyst has it on the nose here. My go-to stone for balance, calming, and ease of any kind, especially mental ease, is Amethyst. But again, I've been using Amethyst for that purpose for a long time, so my rapport with the stone is arguably more developed than someone who just found out about it 2 hours ago, for example. Get to know your stone, be kind with it, and you'll get way more than you expected to.